Author Topic: Regigas for Download at Toys R Us  (Read 7548 times)

Offline Chessa

• is full of rage!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Regigas for Download at Toys R Us
« on: March 07, 2009, 05:54:30 AM »
Why waste hours searching for the Regi Trio and flying to Snow Point City when you can get him in thirty seconds?
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17896

Next week, Pokémon fans will be able to run down to their local Toys R Us and download the gigantic Regigas Pokémon to their Nintendo DS.    

Players must bring their DS equipped with an English copy of Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl to the DS Download Station usually located in the game section of any Toys R Us.  Also, players must be sure they have already obtained the Pokédex and that there are no more than two Wonder Cards in their inventory, otherwise  they will have to delete one of these Wonder Cards.    

There is a limit of one Regigas per Pokémon Diamond or Pearl game card. The promotion will run from March 8th until March 21st at Toys R Us.    

For those living in Japan, there is an alternative way to obtain Regigas (known there as Regigigas). Those who purchased a movie ticket to the latest Pokémon movie release will be able to download him for free from a Download Station.    

According to information on the Japanese Pokémon site, trading Regigas to a Pokémon Platinum cartridge will make something special occur. It also allows players to obtain the Regi Trio (Regirock, Registeel, and Regice) in Snow Point City, the location players originally went to get Regigas in Diamond and Pearl.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Regigas for Download at Toys R Us
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
Really Nintendo, really? You are stopping the D/L promo the day before Platinum comes out?
I guess it doesn't matter because my lil' sis and I will go and get this one for her Diamond version. It still seems kind of odd though. I was thinking that I would pick the game up when we went to ToysRus.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »
I may stop and get mine tomorrow at some point... I already have him though I think... I don't even remember anymore. =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 03:27:54 AM »
He has one of the worst abilities ever, and I already have him. Yet, I still plan on downloading one at some point during the week. I'm such a sucker for exclusive pokemon. I've only missed the Dragonite giveaway from last year.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 05:37:23 AM »
I only started doing it last month when my lil' sis and I decided to make it a sibling project to "Catch 'em All".
My Game Collection

Offline GregLover5000

• View Profile
    • Shatterglass.net
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 06:48:46 AM »
Huzzah! I love these promotions. I love it even more when I can just pull up outside the store and download it from there.

P.S. Holey schmoley... I just visited the site and learned it's at Level 100, not 50 like the other giveaways. "I'm just sayin' it's a big Pokemon, that's all" - Tiny Elvis
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:59:18 AM by GregLover5000 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
They need to do give Darkrai out again. I didn't have a Internet connection at the time and didn't know about the promotion.

And when are they gonna give us Arceus?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »
They need to do give Darkrai out again. I didn't have a Internet connection at the time and didn't know about the promotion.

And when are they gonna give us Arceus?

You mean they never gave it way? Wasn't Mew a secret for close to a year before they gave it away? I remember when Mew was a big deal and a friend in school came to class with a print out of how to get 'Myu' by way of the truck on the docks. I told him it was a lie and probably didn't work and he retorted in a belittling voice "It's on the internet, so it must be true. Why would someone lie about it?" He never mentioned the subject of the truck again.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 06:44:12 PM »
One of the reasons why I don't like Pokémon games is because they aren't self-contained, you can't complete the game 100% without communicating with another version or with a special event like this. At least with the DS versions you can trade over Wi-Fi, but still, there's no way to obtain them all through in-game events.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 06:47:29 PM »
One of the reasons why I don't like Pokémon games is because they aren't self-contained, you can't complete the game 100% without communicating with another version or with a special event like this. At least with the DS versions you can trade over Wi-Fi, but still, there's no way to obtain them all through in-game events.

That's actually one of the things I like about the games because they force us gamers to get out and meet and interact with people. This is coming from someone who is predominantly an introverted quasi-antisocial person around new people.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 07:00:20 PM »
They would still have that element since collecting every single one of the overly cute creatures is a long arduous task and trading is much easier. They sort of eliminated the social aspect of trading anyway with the DS versions since you can trade over Wi-Fi and don't even have to communicate with the other faceless person. It would also seem that many people forgo the trading altogether and just buy all three versions. However, with limited time events like this there will become a point when it is impossible to catch 'em all.

Besides, there's still the battling aspect of the game that would encourage you to seek out other players.