Author Topic: Fire Emblem Fates Will Feature Same-Sex Marriages  (Read 10546 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Fire Emblem Fates Will Feature Same-Sex Marriages
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2015, 02:54:26 PM »
Because TF2 takes place in a time where men were expected to work and fight and that is the universe it is in (the 1900s, not sure when off the top of my head). L4D takes place in the 2000s and isn't about hired mercenaries, but instead survivors against the apocalypse. And because TF2 is a PC game, there are plenty of female character mods (over-sexualized and not) that anyone who doesn't enjoy playing as a male can easily fix themselves and even make themselves.

But that requires a brain and it is easier to go complain to Valve about a 7 year old game that they have only 3 people updating. To add females at this point would require hitbox restructuring and fixing cosmetics to work with the new models. Both are incredibly unlikely and are pointless when a game that typically peaked at at 1,000,000 players now can peak 100,000 occasionally.

I'm confused as to why it's so easy for a player to add female characters, but so hard for the developer.

Because hitboxes need to be fixed and so do a couple hundred cosmetics. With a mod, if it conflicts then you just deal with it. For many people, the mods are their cosmetics so they don't care.

Earlier in the TF2 lifetime Valve said they considered it, but now they it's so late, they just won't do it (at least that is what I've heard from the TF2 forums).

So, the onus should be put on users to create purely cosmetic representations because it'd be too much work for the people who actually made the game?  Laziness is a piss poor excuse.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.