Author Topic: PODCAST: Radio Free Nintendo: Ocarina of Time  (Read 13028 times)

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: PODCAST: Radio Free Nintendo: Ocarina of Time
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »
Pro-tip, you can record audio with headphones if you don't have a microphone.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »
Let me think back to some of the stuff I said here.

- Ocarina of Time was highly anticipated not because it was a Zelda game, but also because everybody wanted to see how the world was translated into 3D.
- I loved how the game design was such that it was done not for technology's sake, but to stay true to the "feel" of Zelda.  Making sure the "feel" was maintained was more important than making it a graphical showcase (even though it was that too).
- I loved the subtle way in which it strung you along by showing you potential rewards, but not necessarily in an obvious manner.  The old "I can't up on that ledge yet...I probably need another item."

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2008, 02:10:51 PM »
I know it was just an off-hand comment by Jonny, but who the hell says Mario 64 is overrated or hasn't held up very well?!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2008, 06:36:32 AM »
I know it was just an off-hand comment by Jonny, but who the hell says Mario 64 is overrated or hasn't held up very well?!

I do. At least the not held up well part. I think it is silly to say it was overrated though (Just like OOT) because it influenced gaming design for over a decade.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »
Just finished listening to the episode. Great discussion.

I never owned an N64, so I didn't play Ocarina of Time until I got it as a pre-order bonus for Wind Waker. One thing that surprised me was how "creepy" the game looked at times, which I attribute mostly to the N64 graphics. The Biggorn's Sword sidequest is still my favorite sidequest of all time. It was quite rewarding.

I actually stopped playing for a year when I got to the infamous Water Temple. I used a guide on Gamefaqs because of how big of a pain it is. I got all the way to the boss's door when I realized I had missed the boss key. I didn't want to try searching for it, so I just stopped. When I did pick it up again, it was actually pretty easy to find.

To me, the most memorable part of Ocarina of Time is the final boss. It was epic and one of the most enjoyable I've ever played.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »
The Biggorn's Sword sidequest is still my favorite sidequest of all time. It was quite rewarding.

I 1000% agree.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.