Author Topic: Indigo Prophecy  (Read 10726 times)

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Prophecy
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 10:50:59 PM »
I started it tonight. While I really like what this game tries to do; the dialogue, cutting the screen between two characters and the way it makes me feels as I play, I REALLY dislike the controls. I can look past the graphics, which are very grainy.

I played up until the part where the cop comes to your apartment. I messed up the first time and got arrested when I missed the rag on the floor. I don't mind having to figure out ways to protect myself, but I hope there isn't too much of it with things I don't know are even there..

I'm going to try to play this until the end because the game seems just as interesting as you made it out to be on the podcast. I like the interaction part, but the one QTE I've done seemed pretty lame. Heavy Rain looks like it improves that quite a bit.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:58:34 PM by Schadenfreude »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 12:34:21 AM »
Yeah for Steam which has indigo prophecy for the PC!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 01:52:50 AM »
Uh, I tried to play this game last week.  I couldn't get through the first level before turning it off.  I watched a friend play it a year or so ago (I'm actually borrowing it from that friend.), and I thought it was interesting then.  "Playing" it now however?  Boring as ****.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »
Wow the scenes in the park and office were amazing. I think what really sets this game apart is the mood. The story is pretty interesting, but the mood is what really makes it feel dramatic. Some of the QTE's are pretty well done while others just feel out of place.

Besides controls and subtitles (unless the option is listed somewhere I haven't checked), I only wish the game had a bit more interaction with the environment. I found it strange I was unable to talk to anyone at the police station.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:02:58 PM by Schadenfreude »

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »
I need some tips on the second base flashback before I rip my eyes out in frustration.

Edit: Just beat it, man that part sucks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:33:15 AM by Schadenfreude »

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 12:12:09 PM »
Holy crap is the ending INSANE! It's like a really awful fanfic, so bad it made me laugh.  :D

Overall I'm glad I played it, even though the story went off the deep end at the end. I can't wait to play Heavy Rain.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 12:23:35 PM by Schadenfreude »

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »
So, this is really old but I am bumping it! I got this game for $3.70 I think on Steam. Its on sale until the 3rd of Jan so EVERYONE GET IT!

I remember when Jonny went on about this game so when I saw so cheap it was an instant buy. On PC the controls feel a bit clunky, the might on console too. I'm not too far in just about 30 minutes. But I had to tell everyone how cheap it was on Steam!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 02:44:40 AM »
I would argue that it isn't worth $3.70
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.