Author Topic: Indigo Prophecy  (Read 10714 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Indigo Prophecy
« on: August 17, 2008, 12:55:57 AM »
Just started this game after finishing the first Fatal Frame tonight and I must say I am stunned. The game is unlike anything I've played before and really is an interesting approach to gaming. In the game you are in control of a variety of characters including the seemingly main character, a murderer, as well as the detectives hunting him.

As the murderer you must cover up evidence and pass interrogations as well as act normally to avoid being caught by the police. As the police you must investigate the murderers actions and interrogate witnesses all while trying to piece together the crime scene. The game can progress even when missing to do certain things and seems to modify certain aspects of dialog and interactivity based on any given person's actions.

It's very hard to explain, but I'd suggest getting a copy if you are an Xbox owner, or checking out some videos if you are interested in the game. Anybody else play this? (No spoilers please, just started it)

I also just noticed the developers of the game Quantic Dream are in charge of the upcoming PS3 title Heavy Rain which teh Billeh talked up on the podcast recently. I was intrigued before, but after playing this, Heavy Rain has just entered the buy on Day 1 list.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Prophecy
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 06:16:50 AM »
wait till you finish the game.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 01:52:54 PM »
I had picked the game up cheap for the PC not too long ago. I did so on the basis that I enjoyed the previous game they had done for the Dreamcast (and also PC, I believe), Omikron: The Nomad Soul. I've yet to play too far into it, but it certainly has been interesting thus far. Of course, the version I picked up is actually called "Fahrenheit", which is the completely uncensored European game. ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 05:19:53 PM »
wait till you finish the game.

I haven't played the game, but I've read enough about it to know that this is funny.   :D
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
Seriously, stop at the halfway point and it will be GOTY for you.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:57:02 PM »
I had the game on the PS2 (ugly, ugly game on that system). I played it for a loooong time, but never completed it. I found the segments where you play as the main guy as a kid to be repetitious and frustrating. In fact, I stopped at the sequence where you sneak out of your bunk at night. I got caught like 15 times in a row and said SCREW IT.

The plotline was intruiging, though. I just read an online plot summary and spared myself the trouble.

The gameplay is interesting but I found it difficult to concentrate on both what was happening onscreen AND the command circles. Still, I hope Quantic continues this experiment in Hard Rain. The horrifying character models were one of the reasons my interest was dimmed, so I hope the power of the PS3/360 is able to fix that problem.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 08:03:17 PM »
I find myself getting lost in the game and completely forgetting just how bad it looks. When I first turn it on I stare at it and think, man this game is ugly but at some point that thought fades and I never think about it again while I'm playing.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 01:02:44 AM »
Have you backflipped onto the train yet? Stop playing there.

Goddammit I've been searching the forums for my original rant about this game. It's gone forever! In keeping true tot eh game, halfway through my rant I totally lost the plot.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:06:43 AM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 05:16:42 AM »
Vudu may be able to find it. Paging vudu

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 06:38:47 AM »
Have you backflipped onto the train yet? Stop playing there.

Yup, I'm now a good bit past there. Still enjoying it, still find it engaging.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »
Ok then, well my next warning would be. When you go up a ferris wheel or something. I'm being vague to avoid spoiling it. Basically when you enter a carnival/show area just frisbee the disc out the window.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 01:28:48 PM »
hahahaha

I've never heard a game's ending piss off some many people (other than Too Human of course). I want to play it just to see what you mean.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »
Vudu may be able to find it. Paging vudu

You rang?  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »
Now that is an awesome game writeup.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 10:40:16 PM »
Well just finished this and the end does kind of fizzle out and there are some definite plot holes. Overall though I enjoyed it and I think its style of presentation and story development up to the end is unprecedented in a video game. It felt like the Matrix trilogy condensed into a single game.

I still have enormously high hopes for Heavy Rain, and I'd like to see a second Indigo Prophecy that continues the story line of the first.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »
lol thanks vudu.

Maybe mine was worse because the sex scene was uncensored. Like, here they were, breaking ground, including sex in a video game. Here was a chance to show the maturity of video games and how far we've come and they fucked it. They FUCKED IT UP BIG TIME. Absolutely no relationship development. Absolutely no reason for them to have sex um. And yeah completely shithouse sex. Compared to the only other game I've played with sex content (Prince of Persia: Sands of Time) it just handled it so badly. Sure it's unfair to compare anything to Sands of Time but Fahrenheit was going so well at first and just fucking lost it.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 07:18:31 AM »
Yeah I didn't quite understand at what point she fell in love with him and wanted to hop on his junk. That part annoyed me too, and it felt like somewhere in between they cut a few chapters thus the enormous plot hole.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 10:22:14 AM »
Teh Billeh has some Heavy Rain impressions up at Cripsy Gamer. Sounds fucking amazing.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
It felt like the Matrix trilogy condensed into a single game.

You're definitely going to scare people into quitting after the first third of the game saying things like that!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 10:40:53 AM »
It felt like the Matrix trilogy condensed into a single game.

You're definitely going to scare people into quitting after the first third of the game saying things like that!

lol
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 02:38:15 PM »
sex content (Prince of Persia: Sands of Time)

Huh? I don't remember that, and I played the PC version.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 05:30:49 PM »
Teh Billeh has some Heavy Rain impressions up at Cripsy Gamer. Sounds fucking amazing.

Sounds amazing. I really hope the pull it off. That scene that was described sounds deliciously scary.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »
It looks like 1UP FM is going to play this game in their backlog section, so I might pick it up. How long is it?

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 06:50:32 AM »
It looks like 1UP FM is going to play this game in their backlog section, so I might pick it up. How long is it?

I clocked somewhere around 6 hours, so it's rather short. But it isn't particularly expensive at this point either and is definitely worth experiencing.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 11:27:43 AM »
sex content (Prince of Persia: Sands of Time)

Huh? I don't remember that, and I played the PC version.
It was really only  implied but they did do the whole nude swim underwater shot with bright light casting body into shadow trick which was hot. It's right before the final level. Right hafter you follow her voice through some bizarre enter the right door in the right order puzzle.