Author Topic: Bionic Commando Rearmed  (Read 7288 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Bionic Commando Rearmed
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:24:59 AM »
Who is pumped for this game? Reviews are pouring out and it's getting high 8's and 9's everywhere. It's 9.99 on PSN, 800 MS points, and $15 on PC. The PS3 version is actually the best version because of remote play and the 360 dpad makes the game boarder line unplayable. For all you multiplayer fiends it has 4 player offline co-op and 4 player competitive modes to jack up the replay value. If your an achievement whore the PSN version will have trophies that will be retroactive with the in game medal system.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Bionic Commando Rearmed
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 06:20:23 AM »
o_O

Why the hell is the PC version MORE expensive?

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »
Capcom's reasoning is because they have to pay for the download portals, mirrors and etc.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 04:00:39 PM »
the 360 dpad makes the game boarder line unplayable.

We can't use the analog stick?

o_O

Good enough?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 05:17:36 PM »
I prefer Capcom's original response, i.e. "because we can get away with it".  :)
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 05:31:01 PM »
Anybody know if the PS3 version has/will have trophy support?
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 05:48:19 PM »
Anybody know if the PS3 version has/will have trophy support?

If you read the OP silks it does have it, it will be patched in later but it will be retroactive with the in game medal system.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 05:50:30 PM »
the 360 dpad makes the game boarder line unplayable.

We can't use the analog stick?

o_O

Good enough?

I think you can use the analog stick but it like super puzzle fighter or street fighter where you need to do diagonals for the grappling hook. In other words since it's a remake of the NES game it's optimized for the dpad.

Try playing stuff like SOTN, super puzzle fighter, street fighter, or any other 2d game classic game on XBLA with the 360 dpad.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 06:10:26 PM by Flames_of_chaos »

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »
Why in the Hell are the system requirements so high? Looking at the screenshots, it visually doesn't look to be much more than a very basic 3D shooter with a 2D presentation.

I mean, really...
Intel Pentium 4.2 Ghz/AMD XP 2200+
1GB RAM
128 MB DirectX 9c compatible card (nVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT/or ATI equivalent)

That seems awfully steep for this!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »
Video Review

Morari you have to really see the game in motion.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 06:55:08 PM »
I think you can use the analog stick but it like super puzzle fighter or street fighter where you need to do diagonals for the grappling hook. In other words since it's a remake of the NES game it's optimized for the dpad.

Try playing stuff like SOTN, super puzzle fighter, street fighter, or any other 2d game classic game on XBLA with the 360 dpad.

I know what I will do. I will download the demo for both consoles and see which controller I like better to play this game with. Problem solved, for me.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »
They went overboard on the game's presentation in the sense that you took something niche (2D platformer) and niche'd it up even more (HD requirements).
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 10:41:03 PM »
And your point is?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:23 PM »
A little sharp.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 05:09:27 AM »
Why in the Hell are the system requirements so high? Looking at the screenshots, it visually doesn't look to be much more than a very basic 3D shooter with a 2D presentation.

Bloom. Massive overdose thereof :P.

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 05:49:57 AM »
Stayed up late to download the game. Played through two of the main stages (and several of the skirmishes between said stages). Feels like an old-school Nintendo game. Would probably be better on the Wii Remote, NES-style, but the analog stick actually doesn't feel too bad. Tried to use 360's D-Pad for a second, then laughed and remembered why I don't ever do that. PSN version probably controls best.

Tired. Gonna sleep now. So tired...
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 09:32:13 AM »
I downloaded the demo and enjoyed what I played. I couldn't stand using the 360 D-Pad either. I'll be picking up the PSN version Thursday.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 09:39:47 AM »
I'll have to try and check out the PSN version this weekend, but as usual the backlog is massive so we'll see if I get around to it.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »
I'll have to try and check out the PSN version this weekend, but as usual the backlog is massive so we'll see if I get around to it.

Nick, I honestly don't even know why we bother man.  Too many games, too little time.

And what the heck is so niche about HD requirements?  25 percent of US households (~28 million)have at least one HDTV set, and the HD market is driven by gamers at this point.  That doesn't sound so niche to me.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »
Seriously, I literally picked up TWELVE games in the past weekend while away on a trip. TWELVE. When the hell am I going to play just those games? One day when I have kids they are going to have a fucking sweet collection to rock out with.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 02:34:49 PM »
This week for me: Madden 09 Collector's Edition (360), Bangai-O Spirits (DS), and I also got Hot Shots Golf (PS3) for cheap from Amazon.  And I actually downloaded Braid last Sunday.

My holiday pre-order list looks like this:

Rock Band 2 (360)
Fallout 3 Survival Edition (360)
Fable II Collector's Edition (360)
Gears of War 2 Amazon Exclusive Edition w/Lancer (360)
NHL 09 (360)

I haven't even pre-ordered LittleBigPlanet or Resistance 2 yet.  I'm waiting to see who has the Kratos sackboy skin available for LBP, and I'm waiting to see if Resistance 2 is going to have a Collector's Edition.

I'm going to take Bill Aurion's advice though, and get off this purchasing crazy train for a while!  I gotta play through what I already have.

Of course, I'll do that AFTER this Christmas.  ;-)
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
And what the heck is so niche about HD requirements?  25 percent of US households (~28 million)have at least one HDTV set, and the HD market is driven by gamers at this point.  That doesn't sound so niche to me.

Most of those households probably only own one HDTV and it's kept in the main room.  Most kids and teens have their consoles hooked up to smaller (and generally older) televisions in a secondary location (bedroom, basement, etc.)  Just because a home contains both a HDTV and a PS3/360, there's a good chance that they're not in the same room.  AND even if they are, since the necessary cables don't come with the console, even if it is hooked up to an HDTV, lots of them aren't living up to their "potential".

You're a lot smarter and more tech-savvy than the majority of America.  Don't make the mistake thinking that everyone's the same as you.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 05:10:49 PM »
This week for me: Madden 09 Collector's Edition (360), Bangai-O Spirits (DS), and I also got Hot Shots Golf (PS3) for cheap from Amazon.  And I actually downloaded Braid last Sunday.

My holiday pre-order list looks like this:

Rock Band 2 (360)
Fallout 3 Survival Edition (360)
Fable II Collector's Edition (360)
Gears of War 2 Amazon Exclusive Edition w/Lancer (360)
NHL 09 (360)

I haven't even pre-ordered LittleBigPlanet or Resistance 2 yet.  I'm waiting to see who has the Kratos sackboy skin available for LBP, and I'm waiting to see if Resistance 2 is going to have a Collector's Edition.

I'm going to take Bill Aurion's advice though, and get off this purchasing crazy train for a while!  I gotta play through what I already have.

Of course, I'll do that AFTER this Christmas.  ;-)

Fallout 3, Rock Band 2 and Gears of War for me as well. I already pre-ordered LBP at Gamestop, who will be supplying the the Kratos skin.

I really interested in NHL '09. I haven't played a hockey game since NHL '01 and with all the positive feedback from NHL '08 I feel ready to jump back in.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »

1. The US isn't the world, 25% for the US doesn't mean 25% of all (potential) console owners.
2. Having a HDTV in your household doesn't mean the console is connected to it, systems that only a small part of the household uses have to go on secondary TVs as the main TV is used by the family, usually the main TV is the better one. The HD consoles have little family appeal so it's likely that they end up on secondary TVs (ironically, it's more likely for a Wii to be on a HDTV then than a HD console).
3. Some people treat HD as a lifestyle or something where having parts of a HD setup means you MUST have everything in HD or you can't play it.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
I realize that HDTVs aren't owned by the majority, but they aren't a white elephant out there either.  There's a sizeable chunk of people running HD, and it'll only get bigger as HDTVs come down in price.  The fact that game companies are making games in HD should be encouraged, because that's what's driving HD sales.  That means that HDTV prices will come down as the market becomes more mature/saturated.  It's good for the consumer.

I don't think that Sony and Microsoft making HD games is screwing the consumer at all.  Hell, you troglodytes and crap-flingers out there are more than welcome to play games in 4:3 until the cows come home.  ;-)
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog