Author Topic: Little Big Planet  (Read 46502 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Little Big Planet
« on: August 09, 2008, 10:38:31 PM »
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this yet, the single player campaign videos look awesome.
Amazon.com exclusive video

There are also a bunch of preorder bonuses such as these:

A mini guide to LBP

A sticker Book

A sack cloth

Playable

Playable
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Little Big Planet
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:41:56 PM »
It's a day 1 purchase for me even though I'm rather annoyed you have to use the Playstation Eye to make stickers. =(

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:43:20 PM »
Doesn't bother me since I have a PS eye, plus the PS eye has a microphone so you can chat to people Wii Speak style.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 11:11:27 PM »
I hope you can send your little guy out to have a doll made for your desk.  I've been waiting for this game but it seems like vaporware... Everything takes so long to come out for the PS3.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 11:22:03 PM »
The one game for PS3 that I'm really looking forward to on the horizon...Hopefully the single-player stuff is up-to-snuff...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 11:35:39 PM »
The one game for PS3 that I'm really looking forward to on the horizon...Hopefully the single-player stuff is up-to-snuff...

Did you see the trailer Bill?? The boss looks pretty cool.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 11:38:53 PM »
I tend to avoid media of games coming out soon, so I'll have to take your word for it... =)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 11:50:49 PM »
Doesn't bother me since I have a PS eye, plus the PS eye has a microphone so you can chat to people Wii Speak style.

Well not all of us do but I am considering picking one up for LBP.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 12:41:59 AM »
I wonder if this has an audience on the PS3. The internet fans love the game but will it be a huge success? If not than the online stuff could be wasted.

As of now it's a game that seems great in theory but reality maybe very different

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 01:12:56 AM »

Well not all of us do but I am considering picking one up for LBP.

I think you can find Eye of Judgement for 29.99 in Walmart if you want to get it the cheapest way, some stores have them discounted to 44.99 or 49.99 and the PS eye retails for 40.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 02:20:16 AM »
This game is the final hope of PS3 fanboys (since FF13 went multiplatform). No idea why, that trailer didn't look like this is some kind of uber-GOTY (only made me wonder how you control three characters at the same time).

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 02:29:43 AM »
KDR, the game has a co-operative mode both on and offline if I remember correctly. Little Big Planet has so much potential because it's a fresh concept in arguably one of the most stalest console cycle ever because of how all the budgets keep increasing, publishers are relying on safe that are guaranteed to be hits, Little Big Planet broke the rule because Sony allowed them a lot of time to get it up and running and it's a very different game compared to a lot of games out in the market.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 04:22:38 AM »
I really think the game will do average at best, which is unfortunate. We'll see though, I hope for the best but this doesn't seem to be the type of game the user base is dieing to have. Now if only they'll bring out Afrika or I'll have to import it!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 04:30:53 AM »
the stiches on his head creep me out, but the game looks really good.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 06:09:57 AM »
Fresh concept? Looked very platformy to me.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
Well it is platformy but it does look innovative, also the fact that multiplayer is practically a build your own stage and conquer it is pretty cool. I think Sony is in a mode where they are focusing on strong first party exclusives and grab whatever 3rd party games that comes at Sony's way kinda reminds you of the N64.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »
I'm extremely pumped for this game. It was the one PS3 game I craved and I'm glad I'm going to get a chance the play it. I love how seamless all the editing appears to be. 
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 02:30:39 PM »
I wonder if this has an audience on the PS3. The internet fans love the game but will it be a huge success? If not than the online stuff could be wasted.

There was a leaked image of the PC box art a few weeks ago.  (Although, it could have easily been either faked or an honest mistake on the part of a retailer).  I would love to see a PC port of this game, as I have no intentions of buying a PS3 anytime soon.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »
Little Big Expenditure?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 04:07:41 PM »

There was a leaked image of the PC box art a few weeks ago.  (Although, it could have easily been either faked or an honest mistake on the part of a retailer).  I would love to see a PC port of this game, as I have no intentions of buying a PS3 anytime soon.

The only branch of Sony that makes or used to make PC games is SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) but I think that got absorbed into Sony Computer Entertainment or is managed by them.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 07:59:10 PM »
I really think the game will do average at best, which is unfortunate. We'll see though, I hope for the best but this doesn't seem to be the type of game the user base is dieing to have. Now if only they'll bring out Afrika or I'll have to import it!
I think this game will end up having a hardcore niche that will give it sales longevity.  When I mean Hardcore I mean devoted but, its going to be people like those who watch Anime but don't really play games.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »
I have a feeling Sony will have a big marketing push on this game, I think it should enjoy a level of success that Uncharted had.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 06:22:02 AM »
I think this game will end up having a hardcore niche that will give it sales longevity.

I don't think hardcore niches give any sales longevity, they all buy it on week one and then it fades into obscurity.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 09:09:11 AM »
I love platforming games, which are my favorite genre.  And I love 2D side scrolling games.

So I am excited about this game...but it does not look as innovative or cool as everyone is making it out to be.

The best part that I notice is that the game gives weight and uses physics throughout its level design very well.  As the most innovative in game concepts.

Other than that you have cooperative side scrolling puzzle platformer...that has been done before.

Create your own levels, that has been done before, and I really don't get too excited about having to design my own game, I don't find that fun.

This game is going to sell to Niche audience like Blast Works did, some platform lovers, and finally it may have a younger audience appeal...but that audience barely exists on the PS3.  It is going to completely fail at catching the PS3 mass market.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 05:03:41 PM »
This game is the final hope of PS3 fanboys (since FF13 went multiplatform). No idea why, that trailer didn't look like this is some kind of uber-GOTY (only made me wonder how you control three characters at the same time).

There's no such thing as multiplayer.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown