Author Topic: Little Big Planet  (Read 46758 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Little Big Planet
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2008, 02:11:40 AM »
What? Release now, patch later? Great idea...

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2008, 06:24:05 PM »
Well I decided to go w/ my gut and just pre-order the game.  Given that I got a 10 dollar BB gift card for picking up Pure today, and the free Heavenly Sword costume I'll get for pre-ordering it, I figured it was a decent enough deal...
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »
BTW, there's a great pre-order deal for LBP on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZKA0JG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1222644488&sr=8-2

You get a free $10 Amazon gift card if you place your order before 10/20.  With the way Amazon pumps out deals, you'll surely find something else to put that $10 towards.  Free shipping too.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »
BTW, there's a great pre-order deal for LBP on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZKA0JG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1222644488&sr=8-2

You get a free $10 Amazon gift card if you place your order before 10/20.  With the way Amazon pumps out deals, you'll surely find something else to put that $10 towards.  Free shipping too.

Wow, recommending Amazon after the Space Invaders fiasco!?  You my friend, are quick to forgive!

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2008, 05:06:06 AM »
Hey Amazon is one of the best retailers to deal with, sure they got rid of the 30 day price matching but they still usually have the lowest prices in town and the best deals.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 11:14:44 AM »
But they charge sales tax for New York state orders now... which is made of fail.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 11:20:49 AM »
But they charge sales tax for New York state orders now... which is made of fail.

True that, stupid NY taxes.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »
I got nothing against Amazon, but I'm way to impatient to order new games from them.  What I like them for is picking up older or used games and cd's.  Or, picking up a 2 dollar HDMI cable instead of getting raped locally with a 60 dollar cable.

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2008, 08:49:44 PM »
Did anyone else get into the beta? If not check 1up and other sites that are giving away the codes.

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2008, 10:32:54 PM »
Nope all my attempts to get in have resulted in failure.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2008, 10:50:48 PM »
I sent in the answer to 1up maybe 10 mins after it went out.  Nothing for me though.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2008, 01:42:56 AM »
I sent a game idea into IGN but nothing.  Not that I need it though, I have way too much to play already.

And as for Amazon, "they've been beddy beddy good to me" (channeling Sammy Sosa)

One rocky spell with Space Invaders does not mark the end of my love affair with Amazon.  We still make out regularly.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2008, 03:42:16 PM »
Yeah, I saw that the other day, amazing! 

Anyone here have any ideas of what'd they'd like to seriously attempt creating after messing around for a bit? 

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »
I was going to create a Mario stage, but that's apparently not original anymore... ='D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »
I don't know if I see as much in this game as others do.  Honestly, the Shadow-of-the-Colossus Stage that I've read about  is the first time anything that I've heard has actually seemed mildly entertaining.  I know no one else things so, but to me, everything I've seen seems bland, from the physics to the pieces that you can use on stages, so maybe if I watch the link at the beginning of the stage, I'll see something more interesting.  Everyone has seemed enchanted by this game with little proven reason, and I just don't see it yet.  Maybe there's a higher level of customization or a deeper gameplay, but nothing has looked challenging, and to me, watching the gameplay makes me feel as though everything is in slow motion.

Edit:  It's funny how I mention it feels like the game is in slow motion:  Parts of that video have been sped up, to breeze past the dull and boring parts of gameplay that look like they'd drag on.  I'm not surprised.

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2008, 08:33:12 PM »
A lot of the player made levels I've played can be easily broken, but I've also played a lot of really funny creative ones. The thing everyone here should remember; people are just scratching the surface of what can be done and Media Molecule plans on supporting it after release. The level editor is very complicated and will take some time for people to master. Once people do though, there will be endless fun to explore.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2008, 09:02:22 PM »
A lot of the player made levels I've played can be easily broken, but I've also played a lot of really funny creative ones. The thing everyone here should remember; people are just scratching the surface of what can be done and Media Molecule plans on supporting it after release. The level editor is very complicated and will take some time for people to master. Once people do though, there will be endless fun to explore.

How did you get a key?  Sheesh, I've entered five different contests and still no dice!

As far as Media Molecule supporting it post release, they have a high bar to meet, as Criterion has been unbelievable this last year w/ Burnout.  I can only hope they match that!

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2008, 09:24:19 PM »
I got mine through 1up. My biggest gripe with the game is the controls; they're floaty, imprecise and take time to get use to. The worst thing is the transition between the 3D plains; it doesn't always work the way it should.

I hope to try out the level editor this weekend.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2008, 10:37:11 PM »
I got mine through 1up. My biggest gripe with the game is the controls; they're floaty, imprecise and take time to get use to. The worst thing is the transition between the 3D plains; it doesn't always work the way it should.

I hope to try out the level editor this weekend.

Oh SHNAAAAAAP!!!

Just got mine from 1up!  Real dreams do come true!  If I get another, I'll be sure to give it to one of my NWR friends, I'll keep you posted...

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2008, 11:08:38 PM »
The LBP Beta would be nice, but the Resistance 2 Public Beta is my bread and butter.  I gotta get into that or I'll cry, scrunch my face up, and stamp my feet really loudly like a 5-year-old.
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2008, 11:13:16 PM »
I don't think I want to be in the LBP beta.  I want to just open it up and enjoy a video game right out of the box.. just like old times.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2008, 11:16:02 PM »
Yeah, I miss that magic too.  Everything has a beta these days.

**pours out a little liquor for the non-beta games that ain't here**
Jon Lindemann

My Game Backlog

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2008, 01:53:57 PM »
Well, a couple quick impressions. First off, the presentation and graphics are amazing, simply put.  The textures and 3D models look so good it seems as if you could reach into your TV and grab them, it really is that good!  Its blowing me away akin to when I first played DK Country on the SNES.

As far as gameplay, it does feel a bit clumsy.  Jumping is very floaty and moving back and forth (not left to right) does need some tweaking.  Its certainely not bad enough to spoil the game but at the end of the day it leaves a bit to be desired.

Overall though, I think we've got a great product on our hands that many will still be playing a year from now.  Can't wait for the full release!

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »
Good to hear you feel the same way I do D_Average. Problems aside, this game has a lot too offer.