Author Topic: Switch port begging thread  (Read 20147 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Switch port begging thread
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »
I think it's generally agreed that any game that sold well after that was basically giving Wii U a small uptick in sales but pretty much playing to the already established base. Looking at sales numbers on the wiki article it looks like Smash Bros and Mario Maker were the games responsible for giving Wii U it's biggest sales boosts after the initial launch.

At least in the US, the biggest movers of Wii U that wasn't the calendar (ie: November and December) were Mario Kart 8 and friggin' KIRBY AND THE RAINBOW CURSE.

Here's Wii U sales (as well as PS4/XB1 sales) through June 2016. The only non-holiday months that exceed 100k in the US are June 2014 (Mario Kart 8 launched May 30) and February 2015.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Joekun

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2018, 01:19:09 AM »
If we’re begging for ports put me down for a Pikmin Trilogy (I missed 3 never having owned a WiiU), Metroid Prime Trilogy (so I don’t have to hook up the Wii), Windwaker HD, and a Mario Galaxy Collection!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »
Agreed. Mario Galaxy holds up amazingly well visually, especially when running at a higher resolution. Metroid Prime would need to be updated to add widescreen support. Honestly they should do Skyward Sword HD and release it with Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »
Agreed. Mario Galaxy holds up amazingly well visually, especially when running at a higher resolution. Metroid Prime would need to be updated to add widescreen support. Honestly they should do Skyward Sword HD and release it with Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.
A single tear rolls down Metroid Prime Trilogy’s cheek.

I’d definitely buy Wind Waker HD again, not sure about the other two unless they were included in a compilation which I doubt Nintendo would do if it’s releasing ports for more than the original except with Funky Mode.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2018, 06:15:55 PM »
I would definitely buy the Metroid Prime Trilogy again, since I didn't really play it when I got it the first time.

Honestly, Nintendo should just port my whole backlog, so I can stop having excuses.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »
While we are on the subject of begging, can we also begin a campaign to get larger game cards for these ports? I have been LOVING my time with the Resident Evil Revelations collection (playing the first myself, and the second with the wife in co-op). And I'm a little bummed they are divided one on the card, the other digital.

I would be willing to pay a $5-$10 premium to buy a collectors edition that has them both on one card. Throw in a nice manual too and some other goodies and I'll pay more.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2018, 11:52:04 PM »
To be honest, "collectors editions" that hide the cost of high-capacity carts with extra crap like stickers and manuals would be something I could support.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2018, 09:45:29 AM »
Larger cartridges are not a cost-feasible option right now for anyone.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
Larger game carts aren't the issue. Cost is. Unless costs go down devs will always prioritize fitting as much with as little space possible. You can make any size cart you want and it won't be used if it's too expensive to order.

He continues: "Performance is not really the issue. The issue instead is in the size of carts. The 32GB carts are expensive, you shouldn't be wanting to do that. So we need to fit everything on 16GB, whereas the standard game on PS4 is much, much larger. It's a crazy ratio we're talking about. However, thankfully, there are a lot of opportunities for reduction without changing anything anyone will notice. Another thing we can do is do a cartridge version and then do staggered downloads to make the game complete. That's probably the hardest part. Finding all the new technicalities and quirks that you get with a new platform.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-03-21-how-they-got-ark-survival-evolved-working-on-switch
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2018, 11:22:30 AM »
Nintendo needs to just eat the cost of the higher large cartridge prices, period.

Also, surely someone who posts here has an uncle that works at Nintendo - probably half of us. Can you please send them this list? Thanks.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2018, 12:59:00 PM »
They recently announced a Sega Genesis collection with 50 games for PS4, XBONE, and PC, but not for Switch. How does that make sense? Switch would be perfect for this! This has jumped to the top of my list of games I want to see ported to Switch.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2018, 02:15:09 PM »
Larger game carts aren't the issue. Cost is. Unless costs go down devs will always prioritize fitting as much with as little space possible. You can make any size cart you want and it won't be used if it's too expensive to order.
Right. Exactly what I just said. Good citation though. I forget that people don’t actually read up on the technical aspects of these games.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2018, 02:30:55 PM »
Also, surely someone who posts here has an uncle that works at Nintendo - probably half of us. Can you please send them this list? Thanks.

My dad works at Nintendo but he's not very important or influential there so my family never really brings it up. He's kind of the disgrace of the Fils-Aime name. Fortunately I've been able to bring back respectability to the family name by becoming a stripper but it hasn't been easy.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »
No Genesis Collection on Switch = Sega probably knows when the Virtual Console is coming.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2018, 04:57:49 AM »
I would love to see ports/remasters of the Rogue Squadron series and the Baten Kaitos games.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2018, 03:38:29 PM »
When is Arcade Classiscs going to get Ironclad on the Neo Geo?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »
Nintendo needs to just eat the cost of the higher large cartridge prices, period.

I agree that I think this would be the most surefire way to get more devs and games onto the system.

I would love to see ports/remasters of the Rogue Squadron series and the Baten Kaitos games.

The tragic thing is that there is a perfectly good Wii collection of the Gamecube Rogue Squadron games sitting somewhere that was never released. Bring that out, touch it up a bit for Switch, and we would have a pretty big hit on our hands. Those games still look fantastic by today's standards.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »
A list of ports for the Switch, okay I'll bite.

Hmm...

That Duke Nukem 3D remake
Earth Worm Jim HD
DuckTales Remastered
a Ducktales remastered treatment of the two TMNT arcade games, LONG overdue
a FULL HD-Remake of FF3 (6) and Super Mario RPG
Super Mario 64 HD with the DS content but NOT the DS version (if that makes sense)
I'd love to see an updated Mortal Kombat Trilogy with new content. Maybe remake it with all new actors and new technology?

I can't think of any others.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2018, 04:40:43 AM »
I'd like to see Mortal Kombat 4 get some love. I dislike the current fighting system, I just want mk4 with modern graphics.
Though I doubt this would ever happen.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
Hmmm...they could. That would be like a $10 game though

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2018, 11:47:17 PM »
Screw MK 4, I want MK Trilogy. No, you are right I want MK 4. Damn it I want them to remake all of them now. Thank's Perm for getting my hopes up.

Honestly I just want Super Mario 64 and a full on complete overhaul of Super Mario RPG that's it. Everything else is either just a bonus or not a good substitute.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2018, 10:00:44 AM »
MK Trilogy was never an arcade game so I can't see that happening ever. The PC/PSX/Saturn versions we're the most complete, but the N64 had the best load times, so there's no "best" version tonport anyway...but yeah. MK Collection would be cool though, just add in MK4.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2018, 01:58:47 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of a true HD remake. Like hire all new actors, rehire the few who might still look good, and re digitize everything using mocap and modern techniques, but make it look and play like Trilogy. That's what I want. I don't want another arcade collection that's boring.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
I’m sorry, you want something that would actually take effort?

Like that will ever happen.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »
Wishing for, not hoping for, let's keep expectations in check.