Author Topic: Mafia XXXI: Day 5.  (Read 19302 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XXXI: Day 5.
« on: February 20, 2009, 12:39:16 AM »
NovaQ was taking a walk when he heard some voices.  "NovaQ's our choice!  NovaQ is definitely Mafia!"  NovaQ peeked around the side of the Post Office to see the townfolk gathered around Mayor Khushrenada.  Mayor Khushrenada gave a deep sigh.  "Are you sure about this?"  "Absolutely positive!," yelled Rover.  "I'd bet my pint of raspberry ice cream!," squealed Pelly.  NovaQ knew he was in trouble, so he made a mad dash down to the beach where he had his rowboat waiting.  As he started paddling away, the townfolk saw him.  "There he is, he's getting away!"  But it was too late, NovaQ was already far enough from shore.  Breathing a sigh of relief, he suddenly felt...wet.  He looked down and realized that his boat had sprung a leak!  From shore, Mayor Khushrenada spoke up:  "Not only is NovaQ a Villager, he also can't swim..."  The townfolk looked on as NovaQ's boat sank, taking him along to the briny depths.  "Now about that pint of ice cream..."

Sable the ShyGuy was busy searching for her sister. Due to Mr. Resetti's untimely death, she did not know where he had held her captive. After another day of fruitless searching, she went home to the Able Sister's Shop. Inside, she saw someone using a sewing machine in the corner of the room.  "Mable, is that you?" asked Sable. "Yes, I'm home," answered the stranger. "I've been so worried about you. How did you escape?" Sable asked, cautiously approaching the figure. "Sable, can I ask you a question?" asked Mable. "Uh, okay." Sable suddenly felt very cold. Coming closer to the figure, Sable saw it was her sister. But instead of Mable's soft voice came one as cold as ice.  "How did you like my Mable impression?" Fear began to well up inside Sable. Suddenly, Mable fell off her chair and Sable saw that she was dead. She had a bullet wound right between the eyes. "I've heard how you've been trying to protect the villagers of this pathetic burg," the voice shouted. Sable began to run for the door, but she was suddenly tripped, causing her to fly onto a table where an automatic sewing machine sat. "Oh dear, did I forget to turn that off?," the voice inquired. Suddenly Sable felt herself being held down by an invisible force. "Who? What is happening to me?" she yelled in fear. Suddenly, the head of Crazy Redd suddenly appeared in midair. He looked at Sable with wild and crazy eyes, his fangs bared and a touch of drool running down the corner of his mouth. "You made your sister an invisible cloak also? Not very smart. Especially since she squeal like a little girl. I'd take yours also but since I can't see, I'll just have to leave it be. I can still succeed without it. However, the last thing I need are for two girls to go around town squealing about how I have an invisible cloak. I may be craaaaaazzzzzy but I'm NOT STUPID!", Crazy Redd roared. Then, he pushed Sable into the running sewing machine. The sewing machine stiched into Sable's face a pair of whiskers and fox ears. She was found dead the next morning with the words "Better Redd Than Dead" stiched into her face with pink thread.

Realizing that some of the villagers were beginning to feel that giving into one of the mafia's demands might bring about an end to their suffering and fear, Mayor Khushrenada started off the day with a stirring speech to embolden their embittered spirits.

"Even though many have been fallen or may fall into the grip of Tom Nook or the odious apparatus of Crazy Redd rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in Beanerville, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our village, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this village or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our friends beyond the seas, Boondox, would carry on the struggle and step forth to the rescue. We shall never give in. We shall never give up. We shall never surrender."

The crowd went nuts.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:01:06 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXI: Day 5.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:24 AM »
Announcement Post.

Results:

NovaQ - Villager (killed by vote)
ShyGuy - Sable (killed by foxes)

Way to go mafias. Obviously, the Foxes are kicking butt but this time, the coons are giving them a worthy foe.

Today is a 'Coon hit day.

Midnight EST is the deadline for voting as per usual.

The following people must vote today or die:

Crimm
Pale

Now back to your regularly scheduled game.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:13:55 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:24:08 AM »
You're freaking kidding me.

If you guys want to crucify me for leading a bad bandwagon, go ahead. Townies are screwed this game anyways. :(
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:46:37 AM »
This is messed up- Townies need a serious plan or we're going to lose! Sorry NovaQ :(
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 10:50:01 AM »
Well, at least we didn't lose 7 people to the bomber. 

Vote Dasmos
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:13:45 PM by DrewMG »
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:50:55 AM »
Tallying up all the vote and things, there's only a few things of note. And they're basically pretty trivial.

decoyman has only voted for NovaQ, a townie.
vudu has only voted for people who have been confirmed to not be mafia (ie townies or death).
Maxi has voted for a lot of people who have either turned out to be townies or death (this is including all the edited ones I could find too), the only non-confirmed player he has voted for was BFS.

Both Crimm and Pale are up for death by inactivity and have only voted once each on Day 2, both for townie players. Although Pale voted for TheFleece (an unknown player) on Day 3 but revoked it.

Not having any mafia killed makes it really difficult to track suspicious voting patterns.

VOTE VUDU
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:10:55 AM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:55:40 AM »
Vudu usually gets in touch with me in mafia games and he hasn't, which has me nervous. I'm gonna vote for him.

unvote vudu
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 04:16:46 PM by Pale »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:04:51 PM »
vote nickmitch because that is worrying even more.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 01:07:35 PM »
For now I am not going to vote.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
Alright I am going to  un Vote NickMitch

I hope we are not sending another townie to their death.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:28:10 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »
Tallying up all the vote and things, there's only a few things of note. And they're basically pretty trivial.

decoyman has only voted for NovaQ, a townie.
vudu has only voted for people who have been confirmed to not be mafia (ie townies or death).
Maxi has voted for a lot of people who have either turned out to be townies or death (this is including all the edited ones I could find too), the only non-confirmed player he has voted for was BFS.

Both Crimm and Pale are up for death by inactivity and have only voted once each on Day 2, both for townie players. Although Pale voted for TheFleece (an unknown player) on Day 3 but revoked it.

Not having any mafia killed makes it really difficult to track suspicious voting patterns.

VOTE VUDU

That's rad sluethin, Dasmos. Am I unknown in your notes because you don't know if I'm a Townie or not or because you wouldn't believe it unless I died?
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »
WTF we've all only voted for townies.  I voted for death, isn't that enough!?  Besides, if I were mafia I would want to kill the other mafia more than townies, so why would I vote for townies anyway?  The fact is we don't know **** because we haven't killed a mafia member yet.

Vudu usually gets in touch with me in mafia games and he hasn't, which has me nervous. I'm gonna vote for him.

I'm sorry, I was letting you enjoy your vacation.  How selfish of me.

WILD ACCUSATION TIME

I'd like to remind everyone of this post made by DASMOS yesterday.

Also with Death out the way there's no reason why Copper can't just stand up up announce who they are, because there will be protection from the mafia hits from Sable.

I replied back with this.

This is key, but there are a couple minor problems with it.  First, Blanca is still in the game.  She can kill the Copper and take his role if she chooses to.  Second, if Cube tries to take out the copper Sable dies.  (Right?  This is from memory, so I may be wrong about how the role works.)  Either way, once Sable's dead the Copper is as good as gone.

If the Copper hasn't found out anything worthwhile it's best to keep his mouth shut for the time being.  However, if he knows of a couple mafia identities I agree that it's probably best for him to come forward.

Dasmos didn't respond.

The Fox mafia killed Sable last night.  If the Copper had revealed his identity last night he'd be killed tonight.  My theory is that Dasmos is a member of the Fox mafia and knew that ShyGuy was Sable.  He wanted to get the Copper to reveal himself when he was still protected by Sable, not knowing that Sable was set to die that night.  ShyGuy and Dasmos are both long-time members of the forum so it's quite possible that ShyGuy revealed his role to Dasmos, not knowing that Dasmos plays for the other team.  ::snicker snicker::

I'm willing to bet my life that Dasmos is a member of the mafia.  If I'm wrong you can kill me tomorrow.  Better yet, I'll just stop voting so I die due to inactivity and you don't even have to waste a day's vote on me.

VOTE DASMOS
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:32:20 PM by vudu »
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 02:13:21 PM »
Brother, you have me convinced.  I am changing my earlier vote.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »
I'm still going to vote for nickmitch. While I got my facts wrong on why he voted yesterday, I still think he's part of a mafia.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »
Based on WHAT?  At least present some sort of reasoning for voting for me.  Too many players have been doing this all game. 
For now, I'll Vote DASMOS since Vudu presents SOME logic to his voting scheme unlike, yourself and a few others.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:48:23 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 03:15:45 PM »
Hmm... vudu does bring up some interesting points. I wrote off Dasmos's post from yesterday as he just forgot about Blanca, then didn't respond because it would only have been a "Oh, ok" sort of response that didn't really contribute anything...

Before I vote, though, I'd like to hear what he has to say in his defense (which should happen later on if he's like sleeping or whatever now).
Twitter

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 03:19:42 PM »
ALSO, I've been thinking...

I said earlier that the townies are screwed after I read the results from yesterday... but that was just the knee-jerk response. Actually, the bomber(s) could even things up considerably, depending on how that all goes...

So, all hope's not lost, guys.
Twitter

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »
I'm confused, is it time to panic or not?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 03:53:48 PM »
Based on WHAT?  At least present some sort of reasoning for voting for me.  Too many players have been doing this all game. 

I've been keeping track of voting records for the game. You were one of about 8 people or so that only voted once in a three day period. Hence, I thought you voted for TheFleece because he voted for you (I forgot to backtrack and double check the reasoning). Then, you said last time that you voted for him randomly. Sure, it's day two, but why vote for someone randomly?

My theory is most of the mafia have been hiding and voting only when they needed to early in the game. This would make it so that if the bomber had been killed, damages wouldn't be so bad. I'm voting for you because I felt you were the most suspicious. Could I be wrong? Maybe, but with how things are right now, I think I've got a good chance at being right.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 03:54:55 PM »
I'm confused, is it time to panic or not?

Panic, no.  But it is a time to worry just a bit.

So, all hope's not lost, guys.

Technically the townies could still win even if two more die tonight.  As long as there are at least two townies alive we can still win if the mafia starts taking out each other.  We just need to make sure there are two of us left at the end in order to vote out the final mafia member.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »
So I've thought about it a lot again, and Vudu is probably quiet for the same reason I am... scared of voting for the bomber so tending towards a no vote. I'm gonna do a complete 180 and (unvote Dasmos) instead.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:32:27 PM by Pale »
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »
Technically the townies could still win even if two more die tonight.  As long as there are at least two townies alive we can still win if the mafia starts taking out each other.  We just need to make sure there are two of us left at the end in order to vote out the final mafia member.

A mafia shoot-out's even better, but let's try not to let it get to that point. :P
Twitter

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »
I have to split and I might not be back in time to vote. I don't have any proof on anyone so I will leave this night up to my fellow Townies- Make the most rational decision possible!
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 05:59:11 PM »
Seriously, Decoy has been dodgy from the start. I followed your lead yesterday and a townie died. It's time to go. Vote Decoyman.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 06:28:58 PM »
But I even threw in a cautionary word after you said you were going to vote NovaQ, though (which got the ball rolling on voting him out):

Quote from: decoyman's PM to BFS from yesterday
Be my guest. But take my disclaimer, too: I really can't say, "He's clearly guilty!" so you'll have to decide on that for yourself.

Meh, fine, whatev. If you're gonna vote for me just do whatcha gotta do. I'm waiting to hear from Dasmos.

Heard from Dasmos, Voting Nickmitch. Because he's always mafia. (it's true, look it up)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:43:17 PM by decoyman »
Twitter