Author Topic: Give me E3 survival tips.  (Read 5503 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Give me E3 survival tips.
« on: March 09, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »
I applied, and got approved!  I'm hoping a couple of my friends can get approved too...

For those of you who have gone to previous E3s, do you have any tips for an E3 newbie?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
RE: Give me E3 survival tips.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 02:36:51 PM »
The most important thing to know is...

give me your tickets.  otherwise, you will be killed.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
RE:Give me E3 survival tips.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 05:53:37 PM »
Seeing as how I'm Canadian, they're not going to mail me my badge.  I have to pick up both the badge and badge holder when I get there.  I think they suggested to get them a day before so to avoid the rush.  So I don't currently have "tickets" of any sort.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 05:54:30 PM »
Fine then, give me your ID and your skin.  
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 01:39:46 AM »
Wear good shoes, and maybe pad them. You'll be walking a lot.  And maybe take backpack or something for the freebie stuff you might get.
"wow."

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 05:29:47 AM »
I heard food/drinks are expensive inside E3, so probably your best bet is to bring a bottle of something with you and some quick snack because you are going to stay in there for a long time. Oh, also don't forget to study where the washrooms are so that when you have to go you know exactly where to go, although I would advise you to do your stuff all in the Sony floor please!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 06:37:08 AM »
This'll be my first year ever as well now that I'm part of PGC.  I can't wait.  Maybe I'll see ya there!
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 07:53:27 AM »
Don't forget to charge your DS batteries.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 02:45:48 PM »
Might there be DS downloads at E3 this year?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 10:48:43 PM »
If I was going to E3 I would bring the Pietriots along with a supply of liquor. Probably hard to pull off but it would make for a helluva trip.
Bring a camera too. Capturing all the hilarity (and other stuff) is a must. Or the games if that's more your thing

Other suggestions I hear normally are to get as much E3 swag as possible!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 03:58:57 AM »
Steal every demo disk while cosplaying as old man Snake. Then sucker people into believing it was you.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 10:15:30 AM »
I'll buy extra (Namco/Capcom/Sega) DVD/trailers off you that Berto doesn't get me.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 03:10:20 PM »
Though booth babes are banned this year, I guess they never had anyone dressed as Daisy, huh?  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 03:15:33 AM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
Though booth babes are banned this year, I guess they never had anyone dressed as Daisy, huh?  

So that means there's only other nerds to harass and stalk? Screw that, everyone to the bar!

Offline Robageejammin

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 09:25:41 PM »
I only went once but it seems like video cameras are fine. Noone said anything until I got to the damn Squaresoft booth.  Also remember that there are several rooms and wings for the whole expo, its not just in one big room. Good luck and hopefully i'll seeya there.
"Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt."
- Sakurai

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 04:07:33 PM »
I can't believe it's less than three weeks away now...

I got a digital camera, and my passport should be arriving soon.  Don't know if one is necessary (I live in Canada) but at least I will have one now.

Decided to rent a car to store loot in.  Should be fun with or without the freebies, though, I'm sure.

Offline metallica48423

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 03:35:37 PM »
I am attending this year as a registered and qualified media journalist for the first time.  I too would like a few tips and also to see if anyone knows the answers to these questions.

1.) Roundtables:  what are the qualifications for watching any roundtables that go on?  Media badge?
2.) Media badge: I'm told that members of the press often dont have to wait in line for exhibits and demo stations and that most exhibitors will give a member of the press preferential treatment over attendees if you flash your media badge.  Question is, who do you show it to?
3.) Good time to show up at convention center:  How long should I arrive at the convention center to avoid ungodly lines to get into the show?
4.) Good time to show up at kodak theatre: I am attending Nintendo's press conference (invite secured ) and I'd like to know what a good time to show up at the theatre would be to get a decent seat.  Does the theatre have a wireless  internet connection of any sort for press updates?  The theatre opens its doors at 8:30 according to the invitation.
5.) How much "swag" should I expect to either pick up or be handed to me?  Is it enough to where i should contemplate bringing a decent sized bag?

I think thats about it for now.  As I said, this will be my first show both in terms of being there and in terms of being registered media. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help a guy out

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 07:46:13 AM »
JonLeung: I believe a passport is supposed to be necessary, but I also believe they don't usually check them.  You'd still want to have it, though, for sure.

I wish I was going!  I might try to get in next year, but it won't be as exciting.  On the other hand, it will probably be the beginning of the really great games for the Rev...hmmm...
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »
if you're not with the media how do you even get into e3? i never new it was somewhat opened to the public
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline metallica48423

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 10:54:07 AM »
You can apply for an attendee badge so long as you have *some* sort of affiliation with the gaming industry.  

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 04:03:06 PM »
Lucky you, metallica.  If you seriously are able to attend the Nintendo press conference at the Kodak Theatre then you've one-upped me.

I'm able to go to E3 and check out everything on the show floor, but I don't have an invite to the big press conferences.

I do have media-only access (the first two hours on the first day are for media only), so obviously I'm making a beeline for the Nintendo booth.  I don't really know if I'm able to flash my media badge to anybody and butt in line during the rest of E3, though...I'd be happy if I'm wrong, though.

Offline JonLeung

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 05:36:20 AM »
My flight's in a few hours.  Any last-minute tips?

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 05:53:18 AM »
Try to con people into thinking your a Nintendo Rep.

Then after they fall for it call them:

Bitches.

Yeah....Bitches.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 06:08:12 AM »
If you see Poop, run.