Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1538431 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1125 on: April 19, 2010, 11:41:19 PM »
pshhh
Beer Fest 8.5/10 i love this movie!

Club Dread 6/10 not so much

Monty Python and the Holy Grail ...i need to watch it again to decide
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 19, 2010, 11:54:55 PM »
Holy Grail is an unqualified 10/10, one of the greatest movies ever made, and more or less perfect.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 20, 2010, 12:07:25 AM »
pshhh
Beer Fest 8.5/10 i love this movie!

Club Dread 6/10 not so much

Monty Python and the Holy Grail ...i need to watch it again to decide

Beerfest is a 7.5 at best. Super Troopers is an 8.5/10

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 20, 2010, 12:53:54 AM »
well i give them both an 8.5 :P
I think I could give Monty Python.... a 10/10

it actually made me rethink how i would go about making a few of my movies ideas in some ways.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 26, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »
Easy Rider 7/10 meh, i get its message but the characters proved to be annoying.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 26, 2010, 10:32:56 PM »
Zombieland - 8.5/10

I watched this with a friend over the weekend after his continued insistence that it was amazing. I didn't like it as much as he does, but I thought it was really good. More of a serious movie than I expected, but still had some funny parts. The Bill Murray scene was fantastic, and proves that sometimes a joke is way funnier when you see it coming a mile away.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 26, 2010, 10:48:40 PM »
I actually really liked the Slammin' Salmon.

I'd probably rank it side by side to Beerfest (a movie I've watched over 30 times) and below Super Troopers (one of the best comedies ever made).
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 26, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »
i rank Slammin Salmon below Super Troopers and Beerfest but well above Club Dread i give Slammin Salmon a B

i really liked how it other than one far shot of a hotel all takes place inside the restaurant, obviously your going to be reminded of Waiting, but I have a feeling that it was written about the same time and not made because Waiting did.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 26, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 26, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
LOL

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 27, 2010, 04:13:37 AM »
I'm off to Iron Man 2 on friday.  I'll let you know how it is.  I can't wait. 

Can someone get me a suitcase suit?   PLEASE!!!!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 30, 2010, 07:57:53 AM »
Iron Man 2

9.999999999/10

All kinds of awesome. 

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 30, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
Make sure you stick around after the credits (as with all marvel movies).  There is a little tidbit there.  And keep an eye out for the Captain America, Thor and Avengers referances. 

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 01, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
Lost Highway           Bizzar / 10

Somehow I've gone the past 13 years without seeing this movie.  I liked it even though I haven't the faintest fucking idea what happened in it.  I'm a bit disappointed that it shares so much in common with Mulholland Drive.

Good soundtrack.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 01, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
lol David Lynch movie...hehehe Its funny that i'm aware of David Lynch, but outside the beginning of Eraserhead I still havent seen any of his movies

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1140 on: May 01, 2010, 11:50:51 PM »
The Blind Side: Not Bad/10

Good movie. Don't know if Sandra Bullock deserved an Oscar for it, though.

The movie singlehandedly gave broke any respect I once had for the NCAA, though. That woman sounded like a conspiracy theorist, and if that woman (in real life) was ACTUALLY QUESTIONING HIS SUCCESS instead of being happy about it, then...I mean, JEEZ.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 02, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »
The Blind Side: Not Bad/10

Good movie. Don't know if Sandra Bullock deserved an Oscar for it, though.

The movie singlehandedly gave broke any respect I once had for the NCAA, though. That woman sounded like a conspiracy theorist, and if that woman (in real life) was ACTUALLY QUESTIONING HIS SUCCESS instead of being happy about it, then...I mean, JEEZ.

Considering what is going on in her marriage she should get an oscar. ;D

I just watched a movie called Children of Men and it was fairly good(8/10). The film was very dreary and depressing, but it had good visuals and conveyed its idea of a world gone to hell very nicely. It was kind of scary and it stood out to me more than any movie I have watched recently.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 02, 2010, 12:55:36 AM »
Sherlock Holmes 8/10

Very enjoyable even if it was a little hard to understand some of the things they were saying.
I know this is gonna sound all sorts of wrong and backwards, but it was like Scooby Doo for adults. I only say this because it was like Velma in that he had already solved the case but let it play out till the end just so that he could do his reveal and explanation. I had to do a backwards comparison like that because and Sherlock Holmes story I've ever read was so long ago that I barely remember it...(The Hound of the Baskervilles was Sherlock Holmes right?).

Anyway, it was good, funny and realistic. I will definitely keep an eye out for the sequel.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:41 PM »
Very enjoyable even if it was a little hard to understand some of the things they were saying.

I turned on subtitles about 10 minutes into the movie.  Made it much more enjoyable.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 03, 2010, 01:54:53 PM »

I turned on subtitles about 10 minutes into the movie.  Made it much more enjoyable.

I thought about that, but I've watched it about 2.5 times now and figured the few things I didn't really understand weren't important to the story and I could guess what they are when you put them into context of the conversation.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 03, 2010, 02:22:11 PM »

Same here. Not only were the accents a little jarring, but Holmes especially mumbled and spoke quickly. It was much better after the subtitles. It was like Brad Pitt in Snatch (well not that bad).

Ink

Worst fucking movie/10

I don't even want to explain myself because there really is no need. Avoid it at all costs.

I miss 3D/10

It still is a wonderful movie, but the world that seemed so real on the big screen seems so fake now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:24:31 PM by Chokes on Horses »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 03, 2010, 02:31:05 PM »

I miss 3D/10

It still is a wonderful movie, but the world that seemed so real on the big screen seems so fake now.

I hear there is a special edition coming out in Nov. (possibly to the theaters first?) and it should be in 3D with special features on the disc too.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 03, 2010, 02:38:48 PM »
I'd be interested in the special features and also if there's a directors cut (the only part of the movie I didn't like was when they cut away from Jake about to tame the giant dragon; I hope they shot that). 3D on a bluray though....I'm not about to buy a 4000 tv and sunglasses for Avatar. Besides I heard a directors cut of it was coming back to IMAX 3D this summer.

And I also heard they were making a sequel which pisses me off, cuz I don't see the need but I undestand why they would make one (to make another billion dollars I'm sure).

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1148 on: May 03, 2010, 02:41:27 PM »
Two things:

1) I never saw Avatar on the big screen. I kept waiting for it to come to the dollar theater but it never did. *sigh*

2) There WILL be a sequel. James Cameron has said that it's going to focus on the oceans of Pandora. I assume this is because James Cameron has a boner for sealife, but also because he's curious about what kinds of creatures live beneath the waves.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 03, 2010, 02:42:42 PM »
It could be the movie was hitting again in the summer and the DVD release would be in Nov., I didn't really pay that much attention since I still haven't seen Avatar. But if it's coming back to the theater this summer, maybe I'll just go see it in 3D and skip the DVD release.