Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1538099 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1025 on: March 24, 2010, 12:24:59 AM »
I didn't realize that there were 5 RotLD movies.

Are they all hilariously bad?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 24, 2010, 12:32:50 AM »
the first one is just hilarious, but not bad, the second one begins the bad trend
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 24, 2010, 04:42:51 AM »
When are you going to break out The Land Before Time?

Indeed.  It might just be nostalgia talking because I haven't seen the movie in ages, but the original Land Before Time is a classic.  The movie's theme song is also one of my All Time favorites.

I've tried but the old VHS tape for it is missing from my folks house. I'm going to check if I can Netflix it. I might just pick it up on DVD if I can for cheap.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 24, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »
You can Instant Watch The Land Before Time VII, IX & X, but the series goes up to XV of what looks like a bunch of made for wednesday morning cartoons for 6 year olds.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 24, 2010, 10:55:04 AM »
It went to 'made for Wednesday morning cartoons' when the first cheesy sing-a-long song started playing in the second film and I was like "...wut?" Even as a kid I could tell that crap was getting dumped on me in a sequel.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 24, 2010, 11:29:30 PM »
I didn't realize that there were 5 RotLD movies.

Are they all hilariously bad?

Part three actually had me scared. My hearts was pounding during some scenes.  :confused;
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 24, 2010, 11:56:04 PM »
Paranormal Activity: 4/10
My sister wanted me to watch this with her. It was pretty boring, not much really happened. The end was okay though, I'm glad that she kills her boyfriend. He was a real twat.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 25, 2010, 12:05:12 AM »
you have a sister :p?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 25, 2010, 12:13:38 AM »
My sister wanted me to watch this with her. It was pretty boring, not much really happened. The end was okay though, I'm glad that she kills her boyfriend. He was a real twat.

I thought the chick was a twat. I would have left her ass a long time ago. I related to the guy because I like to go to haunted houses (read: REAL haunted houses...or at least as real as they can get) in the middle of fucking bondoggle and see some crazy ****.

by the way, for such a 'clean' girl, I'm surprised you used the word twat lol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:15:48 AM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 25, 2010, 12:20:51 AM »
AKIRA

I haven't seen this movie in years and yet its still as good if not better than what I remembered. The ending still confuses me a bit Did Tut suo or whatever turn into another universe or did he turn into a God?, but the action and animation is still top notch. I like to say "Holy ****!" during movies and other surprises and this movie had me saying it alot.

9/10

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 25, 2010, 02:06:23 AM »
AKIRA

I haven't seen this movie in years and yet its still as good if not better than what I remembered. The ending still confuses me a bit Did Tut suo or whatever turn into another universe or did he turn into a God?, but the action and animation is still top notch. I like to say "Holy ****!" during movies and other surprises and this movie had me saying it alot.

9/10

I tried Akira once with my best friend back in the early 2000s when I was first really getting into anime.  Granted, the DVD we had rented was using the old Streamline dub from the 1980s, but the sheer stupidity of that movie had us laughing for probably a good half hour after the movie was finished.  I'm actually pretty amazed we managed to hold it all in until the credits rolled, actually.  Like Ghost in the Shell, I know there are a lot of people that just love those movies but I just can't stand them.

Incidentally, I do highly recommend Perfect Blue if you've never seen it.  The animation is pretty so-so, but the plot is one colossal mind-**** in a very Hitchcockian manner.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it's probably the only anime I've ever seen that I actually prefer in its edited form, which removes the "rape" scene (that scene is much better left to the imagination).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 03:38:26 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 25, 2010, 03:17:20 AM »
Ghost in the shell has an excellent plot but presented in the most boring manner ever. Really nothing happens the entire time. And to make it worse, the english dub is like nails on chalk board.

Akira on the other hand has amazing action throughout brought to life with some of the best animation ever created. So even if you don't know what the **** is going on or don't care, you can at least have fun. And yeah, the streamline dub sucks but the new one isn't as good either, but I would still recommend it.

And honestly, the plot of the movie is also amazing but just really damn confusing. There's revolutionary parts, totalitarian parts, religious parts, and yes, science fiction parts. I know the movie was based a manga, but it seems incredibly condensed. Hell, I still don't know what the hell happens at the end.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 25, 2010, 04:39:34 AM »
Brothers -  5.5/10

I wasn't even looking forward to seeing this movie and I was disappointed. You are just left with the feeling of "is that it?". The previews made it seems like there was more of a conflict over something more than there was..... it would have been much more interesting had the conflict been what it was accused of being after we had already known that it wasn't, he was told that it wasn't yet still goes on believing that it is. On the plus side though, Natalie Portman was looking good in this movie, and that means a lot coming from me since I never really found her all that attractive before.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 26, 2010, 06:02:05 PM »
The Informant - LOL

This has to be a true story because it would just be stupid (in a silly way) if they had made it up. I don't want to ruin anything, but oh what a tangled web was woven in this movie. Once things didn't go as planned, someone can't seems to just let it go and has to see it all the way through to the end. Matt Damon did a fantastic job in this though, I actually believed he was the guy who happens to be the smartest idiot of all freakin time. Seriously, this guy was scamming people left and right(Nigerian money scandal) and making a HUGE freakin salary but just couldn't stop lying to save his own ass. even in the very end the lies/misinformation don't stop.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 26, 2010, 08:15:14 PM »
lol Natlie Portman, Winona Rider, and Kiera Knightly are like the triforce godesses of goodlookingness. Portman even looks hot bald IMO

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 26, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »
Winona & Kiera are twins separated at birth(Kiera being the hotter twin).
Natalie is ok, but I don't feel she is worthy of the praise for her looks that she gets.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 26, 2010, 10:46:10 PM »
lol Natlie Portman, Winona Rider, and Kiera Knightly are like the triforce godesses of goodlookingness. Portman even looks hot bald IMO

I have always wanted to have a four way with the three of them. :cool; ;D :D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 26, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »
its kinda funny, since all the girls are all nearly identical that one could really rate one lower than any other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKT35rzdc7A&feature=related

A SERIOUS MAN i can't rate it, it hasn't even sunk in yet
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:19:37 PM by ThePerm »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 27, 2010, 01:58:08 PM »

Yay more people that didn't care for this overhyped movie!

by the way, for such a 'clean' girl, I'm surprised you used the word twat lol

MY FUCKING THOUGHTS EXACTLY! LOL!!

Hot Tub Time Machine = 10/10

This movie was filmed on location in the glorious land of HILARIDAD! What I loved about it was that it didn't ham up the 80s so much that it was full of incredibly cheesey/cheap laughs. Hell, you coulda taken these four guys and made them go into the future and it woulda been hilarious because of the rapport they have with eachother and the scenarios they got put in.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 27, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »
Hot Tub Time Machine = 10/10

This movie was filmed on location in the glorious land of HILARIDAD! What I loved about it was that it didn't ham up the 80s so much that it was full of incredibly cheesey/cheap laughs. Hell, you coulda taken these four guys and made them go into the future and it woulda been hilarious because of the rapport they have with eachother and the scenarios they got put in.

Exactly what I wanted to hear about this movie. I'm still not gonna go watch it in the theater, but it will be anticipated in my mailbox in hopefully the near future.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 27, 2010, 02:15:24 PM »
You'll enjoy it. Besides the fat kid, everyone was great (although he did have his moments). Chevy Chase seemed... odd.. and fat. I dunno, I'm not much of a Chase fan, never have been. The fact that John C. was going to do an "80's" movie again is what reeally had me excited for this since I saw the trailer (only a few weeks ago), but when i found out he was the producer; my mind was BLOWN.

EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 27, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
I watched the movie Akira and I consider it to be one of my favorite anime movies, but I do not understand the plot, especially the ending. can anyone explain the plot and ending to me? I do not mind spoilers.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 27, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
that kid from httm was on sex drive which i give 8/10

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1048 on: March 28, 2010, 12:01:10 AM »
He's also on Greek.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 28, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »
that kid from httm was on sex drive which i give 8/10

the chubby dude with glasses that ruined Seth's slightly slow-mo party shot in Superbad?

I almost took points off HTTM because he was in it, but it was just THAT good that it made up for his annoying voice/appearance.