Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537674 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #475 on: October 16, 2009, 06:26:08 AM »
The Proposal - 4/5 stars

I admit that I'm a Ryan Reynolds fan and am automatically biased toward any movie that lets him be him. He gets to be his usual witty wise cracking self in this movie and it doesn't disappoint. RR is on point, Sandra Bullock brought the LOLs and Betty White delivers exactly like you would expect her to. It's a romantic comedy with out all the romance and has actual comedy. If that isn't enough to convince you, Sandra Bullock has a nude scene (beautiful woman beautiful body). If you thought the previews were even slightly interesting, you will enjoy it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 02:17:12 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 16, 2009, 10:31:08 AM »
The Proposal - 4/5 stars

I admit that I'm a Ryan Reynolds fan and am automatically biased toward any movie that lets him be him. He gets to be his usual witty wise cracking self in this movie and it doesn't disappoint. RR is on point, Sandra Bullock brought the LOLs and Betty White delivers exactly like you would expect her to. It's a romantic comedy with out all the romance and has actual comedy. If that isn't enough to convince you, Sandra Bullock has a nude scene (beautiful woman beautiful body).

I was always curious to see this just cuz RR is ace and SB does have her moments. Throw BW in to the mix and it had to be a golden egg, right? Glad i turned out to be right, i'll have to watch this eventually then.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #477 on: October 16, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »
Last comment on page 19: a goddamn ROCK could replace Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane and I'd be happier.

Anyway.

Trick 'r Treat: 5/10

I didn't really get the point. There was no overarching plot, just a bunch of disjointed half-hearted stories that ultimately didn't make any sense. Clearly made a shoestring, with some downright horrible practical effects. The most interesting stories were the kids on the bus and the pumpkin boy. I didn't expect to see Rogue in there, but...there she was.

Next up: Drag Me to Hell and the new Friday the 13th.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 16, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »
that must be the reason it took so long to release, im getting it in the mail today. According to all the talk iv'e heard it sounds tv movie quality at best they should have just done that.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 16, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »
Trick r Treat was a ok movie, entertaining for what it was.
It did some things well but the Rogue story was the only one that really had me going WTF since it was so unexpected and kinda out of place.
Pumpkin Boy was like the Ghost of Halloween and all he wanted was to make sure that you did right by the holiday. I can't explain the teacher storyline as far as him out on the streets pretending to be a vampire though, and then him getting taken care of by Sookie (aka Rogue) at their party in the woods. As for the rest of it, I though it was pretty good for a movie that would never make it to the theater.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 17, 2009, 03:04:14 AM »
trick r Treat 7/10 I thought it was quite all right, it wasn't great, but it was a pretty fun movie.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 17, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »
Adventureland - Tries to be clever like "Juno" or something along those lines, and falls short.  Ryan Reynolds is pretty much wasted, and seems to be tossed in just to add some star power.  Kristen Stewart is her usual weepy self...no idea what the big deal is with the buzz around her (I guess it's her waifishness and how well she can do "angsty teenager").  It's set in the 80's but doesn't take advantage of any of the comedic eccentricities of the time period (I'm not asking for Wedding Singer, but do something).  Bill Hader and Kristin Wiig, who are hilarious, really do nothing.  Story doesn't really do anything special, make any statement, or leave any lasting impression.

MEH 6/10
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 17, 2009, 11:55:22 AM »
Law Abiding Citizen: FTW/ EPICNESS

Really good. Pretty suspenseful but I'm not sure i'd call it a thriller, but it definetly keeps you guessing in a fun way. Acting was great by the two leads; Jamie Fox is perfect for the arrogant lawyer while Gerard Butler shows his acting chops by taking on this interesting role of a father who loses everything turned maniacle genious, with an interesting plot point rrevealed later explaining his "talent".

I'm recommending this to you guys with my thumbs-up gaurantee. It has a cleverness about it that's been lacking from the Saw series since the first film (you'll see what I mean) and overalll a fun movie to experience. You might even walking out feeling like I did that the wrong person "won"

Personal note: its still hard for me to believe that the guy from In Living Color who played that ugly Latifa or whatever character is such an amazing actor in serious roles. Its also nice to see that the 300 star isn't afraid to take on these interesting roles and not be typecast as Mr. Macho Shinyabs. After 300 I expected this guy to be a lame vin deisel type with nothing but action underr his belt but I've been pleasantly surprised. Hell, I'm even curious about checking out PS. I Love You to see how he did that.

Oh and Mr. BUTTler shows his ass off again in this film in a seemingly random scene, so fair warning to you homophobes out there and a heads-up to you ladies.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 17, 2009, 05:00:06 PM »
Land of the Lost - 3/5

Its a stupid movie that was funny. If you go in thinking it's anything like the old school Land of the Lost, you would come out highly disappointed. But if you take it for what it is, a Will Ferrel comedy, then you would realize that there are laughs to be had. The sleestak costumes are really bad(obviously men rubbery suits) and the T-Rex CG mixed with live actors was done pretty poorly(the actors go through the dinosaur at times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 17, 2009, 08:35:05 PM »
land of the lost 8/10

when i watched it I thought it was hilarious, not for Will Ferrel, but for Danny McBride.
"i made a good choice"

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:36:53 PM by ThePerm »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 18, 2009, 05:53:36 AM »
The Fly

It has been years since I have seen the Fly and age has not made the final scene any less disgusting. Still gets me grimacing. The special effects are still top notch. Good acting all round.

8/10
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #486 on: October 18, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »
Couldn't find my copy of The Ring.So I watched it on youtube. Still pretty creepy. It gets in your head alot. Now I fully expect to not post anymore in 7 days.

10/10
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 18, 2009, 12:32:20 PM »
Couldn't find my copy of The Ring.So I watched it on youtube. Still pretty creepy. It gets in your head alot. Now I fully expect to not post anymore in 7 days.

10/10

Mind sending me back pikmin on the 6th day? or putting it in your will or something?

Oh, and you'll be missed bro, seriously.

<3

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #488 on: October 18, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
I really should finish the game...
Thank you for the kind words.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 18, 2009, 12:47:13 PM »
I really should finish the game...
Thank you for the kind words.

haha relax, you'll still be here and i'll still be here to give you a friendly punch in the arm. :)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #490 on: October 18, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »
I know I'll be around. I was kidding around.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 18, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
The Running Man - 8/10

Classic Arnold Cheesy lines like "I'll Be Back" & "He had to Split" wrapped into a good action movie. It happen to come on last night coincidentally after a conversation about using Death Row inmates as gladiators for Pay-Per-View TV so that the prison system could pay for itself and executions could be used as a source of deterrent and entertainment. I know I would watch it, but it would have to take place in international waters since that kind of human sport would be heavily frowned upon.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 19, 2009, 03:49:35 AM »
damn what channel was it on, iv been trying to catch that movie for a while?

The proposal 8/10, pretty good for all the above listed reasons.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 19, 2009, 03:58:36 AM »
The Running Man was on Encore, but last I checked though, it wasn't listed in it's On Demand section.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #494 on: October 19, 2009, 02:21:25 PM »
Lindy, I COMPLETELY AGREE with you on Adventureland. SO much wasted potential.

As for me...

Frailty: If you've never seen this movie, you should. It's obscure, but very good. Stars Bill Paxton as an axe-murderin' soldier of god. One of those few movies that actually manages to surprise you with the "twist" at the end, too. Well, back when I first saw it, anyway. Still holds up today, there are scenes that are kind of disturbing, but not in a "Jacob's Ladder" kind of way. More a "this is uncomfortable" kind of way.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: October 20, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »
the ring 10/10 yeah, scared the crap out of me. I got pretty bad insomnia after it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 20, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »
transformers 2   2/10, thats some of the most well special effect incoherent piece of garbage i ever watched, i couldn't even finish it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 20, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »
I got it through Netflix today. Gonna watch it tonite. I will turn off my brain and be sure to enjoy it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 20, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »
Frailty was an awesome movie.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #499 on: October 21, 2009, 02:07:29 PM »
Drag Me to Hell

Awesome/10

Old-school horror right here. I think it was pretty obvious that she didn't pick up the button, though.