Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1546324 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #400 on: September 20, 2009, 04:49:26 AM »
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Man, have I been getting the likeable movies or what? Sociopaths on screen display a level of wickedness to rival The Exorcist. Kids, be careful who you marry. Three and a Half Stars

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 20, 2009, 05:52:58 AM »
Watch "The house on the edge of the Park" if you want to see some sociopaths display some wickedness

9/10 stars
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 20, 2009, 09:48:11 AM »
The Manchurian Candidate (original version)

1962 rating:  4.5 stars
2009 rating:  3.5 stars

Very good moving.  I'm amazed it came out in 1962--both the story and filming techniques are way ahead of their time.  Holds up reasonably well, although the fight sequence w/ Frank Sinatra is pretty funny and there are a couple plot points revolving around women falling in love that don't quite make sense.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 20, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »
don't you mean 2004 for the 2nd one?
There was no Manchurian Candidate in 2009

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 20, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »
No, I mean my rating was 3.5 stars because I watched the moving in 2009.  If I had watched it in 1962 I would have rated it 4.5 stars.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 20, 2009, 12:38:28 PM »
o i c.

I thought it was a comparison between the 2 versions.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 21, 2009, 10:12:58 AM »
28 weeks later

Rubbish. The first movie was pretty alright, but this is something different. People in this movie are frankly, Retarded. With a capital R. You are dealing with a virus that annihilated a country and the only thing that saved your ass was that zombies couldn't swim. So your security boils down to an unguarded mobile construction office.

Stupid / 10
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 22, 2009, 04:54:10 PM »
Boogie Nights 7/10

it was good, but not great, there are some stuff worth quoting though.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2009, 10:26:57 AM »
The Wizard of Oz: >Insert Something Clever</10.

Man, it's been *years* since I've seen this movie.  Last night, they did a one-night only nationwide showing of The Wizard of Oz in HD to celebrate its 70th (yeah, it's that old) anniversary and its release in HD on Blu-Ray.

Between not being 12 or so, the moving being shown on the big screen and the high definition features, I'm amazed at all the little things I never picked up on before.  Did you know the Scarecrow carried a a small hand gun?

It was fun.  I took my mother out for dinner and a movie as a late birthday present (it was planned to be late, since I couldn't exactly move up the date of the one-night showing) and we enjoyed ourselves.  The showing was packed (I kinda wondered how well it would sell) with people dressed up (several little girls and a couple of older kids were dressed up as Dorothy.  Should have got my mom a Wicked Witch hat... ;))

On a slightly-related note, during the special feature before the film, they had some projector problems.  While fixing it all, it was revealed that the show was being played back via a Dish Network DVR.  Very interesting...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »
Did they remove the hanging dwarf?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2009, 10:32:44 AM »
No, the bird was still in the background.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2009, 01:40:15 PM »
Did you know the Scarecrow carried a a small hand gun?

What?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »

What?

seconded.... WHAT!?

we needs pics.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
The rumored "munchkin" suicide is actually a peacock simply turning, far in the distance.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2009, 04:08:48 PM »
The rumored "munchkin" suicide is actually a peacock simply turning, far in the distance.

That's even creepier!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2009, 04:24:34 PM »

What?

seconded.... WHAT!?

we needs pics.

For a dude without brains, he sure knows when to be strapped.

"Look at this random bitttttttttttttttch. I haven't gotten pussy in over a month....better get my strap."

Yes I'm implying the scarecrow was in fact going to rape dorthy.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:45:17 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »
http://home.earthlink.net/~jinxo/ozgun.html

mind = blown

now I have to watch this movie again.
How could I have missed that?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 25, 2009, 02:22:33 AM »
The Day After 8/10

scared the **** out of Reagan...heheheh at the end of the movie its like "in reality an event such as this is more likely to be worse" nothing gets worse than that. The movie assumes the Russians  back in the 80s would try to nuke everywhere in the country, their more likely to only hit state capitals and the 3 largest cities. Luckily, I live in Arizona, im in the fallout zone of phoenix, but unless Tucson is bombed too than I can just head back to Yuma. I got plenty of food for several days, but I wish i had a basement.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 25, 2009, 09:42:03 AM »
The Wizard of Oz: >Insert Something Clever</10.

Man, it's been *years* since I've seen this movie.  Last night, they did a one-night only nationwide showing of The Wizard of Oz in HD to celebrate its 70th (yeah, it's that old) anniversary and its release in HD on Blu-Ray.

Between not being 12 or so, the moving being shown on the big screen and the high definition features, I'm amazed at all the little things I never picked up on before.  Did you know the Scarecrow carried a a small hand gun?

It was fun.  I took my mother out for dinner and a movie as a late birthday present (it was planned to be late, since I couldn't exactly move up the date of the one-night showing) and we enjoyed ourselves.  The showing was packed (I kinda wondered how well it would sell) with people dressed up (several little girls and a couple of older kids were dressed up as Dorothy.  Should have got my mom a Wicked Witch hat... ;))

On a slightly-related note, during the special feature before the film, they had some projector problems.  While fixing it all, it was revealed that the show was being played back via a Dish Network DVR.  Very interesting...

We went to the same showing, in Ames IA.  They also had projecter issues.  I think it was a problem with the nationwide feed.

It was fun to watch that movie again, I hadn't seen it in so many years, and I noticed a lot of new things as well.  For instance, I remember the movie as being chock full of physical humor, but I'd forgotten all about the written humor in the movie.  It's a much funnier movie than I remember.

My wife (who is a huge Oz fan) and I had a great time.

Also, we followed that up last night with a showing of the musical Wicked which I had no expectations for going in, but enjoyed the hell out of it.  It's been an Oz kind of week for me.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 25, 2009, 09:52:43 AM »
Our problems was during the post-show feature where they were talking about the munchkins... you?

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:59 AM »
Hmm... we had a pre show feature.  I wonder if it was the same feature?  It was just sort of a special, hosted by Angela Landsbury, about the casting of the movie. 

I don't remember when the video feed went out, but the audio stayed on the entire time.  It lasted from about 80% of the way through the feature up until the opening bars of Over the Rainbow.  People were pretty upset, but oh well.  It wasn't the theater's fault, it was the feed's fault.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 25, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »
Whoops. I meant Pre-show.
Same thing happened - no video, but we had audio. It didn't last as long - the theater stopped it before the feature was over and was kind enough to rewind and start over from where we lost video. It was at this time I noticed the entire interface was the Dish network DVR set-up.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 25, 2009, 03:48:02 PM »
It might have been back up before Over the Rainbow started, but that's when I came back from the snack bar and saw it was working. :)

They didn't start the movie over, which didn't sit well with some (understandably).

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2009, 04:02:34 AM »
BaseketBall
Shoot me in the face/5

Full disclosure - I could only take 7 minutes before changing the channel.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....