Author Topic: Music  (Read 49006 times)

Offline Mysticspike

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
Music
« on: February 16, 2007, 03:52:29 PM »
I thought i'd start this thread because i love music depending on what kind. so i want to ask all of you want kind of music you like, and your favorite band, and stuff. so tell me about music!

my favorite band is SOAD (system of a down)
i also like metallica, and other metal
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Banana Productions<- Check out my Youtube channel.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Music
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 04:15:09 PM »
your avatar is too big and it appears to be stolen from another site again
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
RE:Music
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »
it's gone now i will have it go through my myspace
Someday, I will make my own Fantasy Factory to make all of my lifelong dreams come true...

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
I like Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, 2-1-3, Dogg Pound, nate Dogg, Kurupt the Kingpin, Dat Nigga Daz Dillinger, Suge Knight, 2pac, Digital Underground, The Game, NWA, Xzibit, NAS, The Lox, Jay-Z (everything before the bluprint) Boogie Down Productions, KRS-One, Beastie Boys, No doubt, Garbage, Lindsay Lohan, Def Leppard, KISS, Helen reddy, Earth Wind and Fire, Parlamaint, P-Funk, The Offspring, Gwen Stefani, Da Brat, TLC (god damit left eye!), Stevie B, Miami Sound Machine, Metallica, Method Man, Wu Tang Clan, Arrested Development, John Williams, Oingo Boingo, Danny Elfman, THE RAT, DJ Serial Killa, Young Gotti, Red man, Busta Rhyme, Coolio, Tag Team, Hammer, Cypress Hill, and Eefiel 65.

My favorites are garbage, offspring, Lindsay, 2-1-3, Digital Underground, and The Dogg Pound.

You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 06:13:59 AM »
hey, did you say xzibit from pimp my ride? i love that show it rocks. you also said eifel 65.. they are awsome too. love them. i have the europop cd of them.

AHA!!!! Arrested Development.... I LOVE THAT SHOW!! to bad it's over, though. it was so funny, but the longer it went on it got sooo wierd. i mean, george micheal, and maybee trying to marry and make out? that was so wierd, but that is my favorite show i'll never forget it.

Offline ViewtifulJoe

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
MFDOOM aka Metalfingers aka madvillany aka kmd aka metalface, blackalicious, outcast, little brother, the roots, the killers, wu-tang modest mouse, red hot chile peppers, three 6 mafia, gnarls barkly, common, kanye west, mike jones, paul wall, NAS, cage, blue scholars common market, and coldcut

JOHN BROWN from the white rapper show    

HOLLELUA HOLLA BACK........GHETTO REVIVAL BABY  
RIP TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Wii code 1015 8909 0976 9531

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 10:54:04 AM »
I was talking about Arrested Developpment the *band*, never heard of the show.
Xzibit isn't on of the best rappers out there but he is high up on my list.

You can call me

Offline ViewtifulJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 11:42:19 AM »
I like xzibits gang strong arm steady
RIP TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 11:53:56 AM »

Originally posted by: mysticspike

They used to be my favorite, but Mezmerize and Hypnotize really let me down. Any type of Rock(including Metal) is really my thing, generally speaking.

<--- If your favorite band is SoaD you should understand the relevance of my account name.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Mysticspike

• View Profile
    • Bim Dizzle
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 02:05:35 PM »
cool, same music preferances here.
i just listen and like soad, i don't know anything about them like their names or anything.
so is Mr. Jack like one of their names, or something?

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 02:47:06 AM »

cool, same music preferances here.
i just listen and like soad, i don't know anything about them like their names or anything.
so is Mr. Jack like one of their names, or something?

It's the name of the 7th song on Steal This Album! their 3rd CD (technically just a compilation disc of songs that didn't fit on their self-titled album or Toxicity).  
Check out PixlBit!

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 03:01:45 AM »
I can't believe segagamer and I have the same favorite band...

Anyway, I like what Billboard calls 'Modern Rock,' since the name 'Alternative Rock' no longer applies.  I like a little bit of everything though, and some of the artists I like play a variety of genres.

My favorite artists are: Garbage, Blondie, Franz Ferdinand, and U2.
Other artists I enjoy include: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, 311, No Doubt, Bright Eyes, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Peaches, Abba, The White Stripes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Hard-Fi.

Fun fact: I have a Garbage collection that includes about 200 items worth around $4,000
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 05:34:21 AM »

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack

They used to be my favorite, but Mezmerize and Hypnotize really let me down. Any type of Rock(including Metal) is really my thing, generally speaking.

<--- If your favorite band is SoaD you should understand the relevance of my account name.

I was wondering about that, that's an awesome song.

I used to like SOAD a lot, even after Hypnotize and Mezmerize, I don't know why people don't like those two CD's for me they represent a new/old SOAD, a lot of the music itself is of the "old" style, whereas the duet style to the singing is the "new" style. Anyway, I said used to, and it's because I saw them at Ozzfest and they were really disappointing, a lot of the screams in the songs he just laughed over, or did something else, it was like it was a big joke or something. They played well for the most part, but they were shown up by Disturbed, and SOAD was headlining.

I like Metal mostly, but TOOL is my favorite, there aren't too many good bands out there IMO in any genre of music, I also like rap but mostly the older stuff, every now and again someone puts out a good rap song, like "The-ReUp" Eminem and 50 Cent.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 06:32:40 AM »
not much of a fan of rap but i do like Eminem, and for some reason as a little kid i used to like the Regulators, anyways.....

my favs are:  MxPx, Blondie, Beatles, Red Hot Chilipeppers, The Offspring, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, NOFX, Billy Talent, Goldfinger, Rancid, and The Pillows.  <------u get a cookie if u know the last group and where they got their fame from.

Oh almost forgot Koji Kondo (Zelda fame), and Yasunori Mitsuda (ChronoTrigger fame).

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 06:42:24 AM »
Well if it makes you feel anybetter I do like U2 a lot and Blindie some songs, but I HATE SOAD with a passion so you can still dislike my taste.

I also can't stand eminem. Never did like him. I *did* like his Marshal Mathers LP but for reasons I cant explain here. I havent likeed anything else he has done and since I no longer listen to any of the hardcore rap I dont keep up any more anyways. I tried gettign into christian rap but, even as a christian I thought it was too weak and wasnt worth much to me.

I actually go back and forth a lot on the rock/rap stuff but my true love is techno and G-Funk ere rap music. Nothing sounds as sweet to me as The Chronic or All Eyez On me. Those are my two all time favorite albums. NOT counting Doggystyle which *IS* my alltime favorite rap album.

HEY nobody mentioned DJ Serial Killa, or The Rat, my second album was way better than my first. I migth even make a new one just for fun but not try and sell it at all.

The only bands I absolutley *HATE* and its mostly just random reasons, are Green Day, SOAD, Marylin Manson (although I did like a couple songs back in the day), and Bink 182. Those are all the bands I just can't listen to no matter how much I try, I even used to like GD but not anymore.

Oh well looks liek this got too bug again sorry just rambling on and on like ususaly...  
You can call me

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 06:54:46 AM »
we had a thread like this not too long ago but here goes....

The Cure (hence my avatar and username)
Depeche Mode                     New Order                     Modest Mouse
Covenant                             Apoptygma Berzerk       Bella Morte
The Police                            VNV Nation                     Bloc Party
Postal Service                      She Wants Revenge      Weezer
Blink182                               Angels and Airwaves     Plus44
Head Automatica                  Rock Kills Kid                 The Smiths
Morissey                               A Fire Inside                  All
Descendents                        Bad Religion                  Misfits
Ramones                              Clash                            Screaching Weasel
Casualties                            Gin Blossoms                Incubus
Al Di Meola                            The Living End              Mindless Self Indulgence
System of a Down                 Tiger Army                    Iron Maiden
Weird Al                                MC Lars                        Outkast
Greenday                              Dr Dre                           Snoop Doggy Dog (keep it old skool same as dr dre)
Toy Dolls                               Gorillaz                          Violent Femmes
Flaming Lips                         Social Distortion             Mike Ness (solo)
Pennywise                           Rev. Hortan Heat            Anti Flag
Metallica                                Thrice                             Murder By Death
Nirvana                                 Evergreen Terrace         Queens of the Stoneage
From Autumn to Ashes         Danzig                            Transplants
Box Car Racer                      Foo Fighters                    Stereophonics
Killers                                   The Damned                   NOFX
Suicide Machines                 Suicidal Tendancies         The Who
Prince                                   The Beatles                     Johnny Cash
Gym Class Heroes                Franz Ferdinand             The Temptations
Van Halen                             The Pixies                       Horse The Band
The Advantage                     Guns N Roses                 The Network
Chronic Future                      Gob                                 Reggie and the full effect
Bravery                                 Alkaline Trio                    Asian Kung Fu Generation
Sum41                                  Interpol                           FenixTX
The Freeze                            White Stripes                 Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Rise Against                          Joy Division                     The Offspring

and thats without looking at my iPod (also because i dont have one) im sure theres more artist that i just cant recall at the moment but i suppose thats a pretty good list off the top of my head! feel free to hate or praise my taste in music            
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ViewtifulJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 07:21:36 AM »
lol the singer for the cure is kinda a spaz
RIP TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 07:49:55 AM »
I'm a fan of what's known as "classic rock," although I hate the term.  It's very cliche to be into "classic rock" nowadays.  Anyway my favorite groups include...

Pink Floyd
Rush
Dire Straits
The Beatles
Daft Punk
and many others
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline Garnee

• Zig.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 07:52:06 AM »

My favorites are garbage.

Got that right.
Yeah, I do play mafia games.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 08:23:14 AM »

Originally posted by: Garnee

My favorites are garbage.

Got that right.

LMAO!

I wasn't going to say anything (because I feel music is art, and therefore subject to interpretation, and different forms are appreciated by different people) but then I say Lindsay Lohan... are you kidding? I hate crap like that. For a lot of reasons but the main one is that most "Pop" (what the hell is the real category for people like her, Britney Spears, Mandy Moore, and those kind of performers? Pop means popular and even TOOL has fallen under that category) singers don't have anything to do with the lyrics they are singing? Someone writes the lyrics and they sing them, they aren't artist, they don't create music, all they do is perform, they're like an art gallery, when you go you look at the wall and go "wow it's doing a good job of holding up that Monet".  
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 08:23:44 AM »
O.K nevermind

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »
yeah but I only like her for one reasononly, to annoy people.  
You can call me

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 11:29:32 AM »
i hate the word pop.....I've always hated it when people started using it with other genres, for example pop-punk bands.  Good Charlotte rings a bell, i still hate the fact that the guy from Goldfinger helped them and if I'm not mistaken Ashlee Simpson too.  I still love Goldfinger tunes but I lost a lot of respect for them because of what they did....

Then again a lot of ppl do write songs and sell them to artists, its very common but still.

Offline ViewtifulJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 12:03:57 PM »
i hate artists who try to be pop
RIP TOOKIE WILLIAMS

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »
Well the thing is like I mentioned before, is that "pop" just means popular, if you sell enough albums you're considered pop(ular) because it means that enough people to say something about like you. Which is why a lot of actual musicians fall under that banner although they are unique in style.