Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

<< < (587/596) > >>

Adrock:
Even if the NBA wants to claim high-five contact, Hardaway still bumps into Brown in the air and ends up in his landing space which absolutely is a foul. Beyond that, there was enough fuckery elsewhere like two missed foul calls in 1OT, one of which was Luka with five fouls.

Still, if LeBron doesn’t shoot 0% from the three-point line and/or the team doesn’t shoot 63% from the foul line, maybe this isn’t even a conversation. Also, LeBron insisting that Ham use the Coach’s Challenge when he wasn’t even in foul trouble really could have been useful at the end there. And beyond that, maybe double team Luka or simply foul him before he even takes a three pointer (which the Lakers inexplicably didn’t do twice), and force him to pull off another miracle miss-free-throw-rebound-and-score like he did against the Knicks. The officiating was buttcheeks all game, but let’s not act like the Lakers didn’t make some costly mistakes on their own. Seriously, make one extra free throw in regulation. 🤦‍♀️

broodwars:
It may seem silly to care about who the sponsor is on your team's building, but as someone who was there when the Jazz's current arena opened in 1991 this story just makes me smile.

https://www.slcdunk.com/latest-utah-jazz-news-recent/2023/1/14/23555527/the-delta-center-is-back-utah-jazz

After 20 years of actual toxic waste companies and smart home manufacturers slapping their name on our building, the Jazz will once again be playing in the Delta Center starting in July. That building has always been "The Delta Center" to me, and this just feels like an old friend coming home.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: broodwars on January 15, 2023, 10:26:18 AM ---It may seem silly to care about who the sponsor is on your team's building, but as someone who was there when the Jazz's current arena opened in 1991 this story just makes me smile.

https://www.slcdunk.com/latest-utah-jazz-news-recent/2023/1/14/23555527/the-delta-center-is-back-utah-jazz

After 20 years of actual toxic waste companies and smart home manufacturers slapping their name on our building, the Jazz will once again be playing in the Delta Center starting in July. That building has always been "The Delta Center" to me, and this just feels like an old friend coming home.

--- End quote ---

Broodwars do you comment on SLC dunk?

broodwars:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on January 18, 2023, 01:06:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: broodwars on January 15, 2023, 10:26:18 AM ---It may seem silly to care about who the sponsor is on your team's building, but as someone who was there when the Jazz's current arena opened in 1991 this story just makes me smile.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No, never got around to creating a profile over there. It's just a very handy site to check for Jazz news.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: broodwars on January 18, 2023, 08:17:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on January 18, 2023, 01:06:35 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No, never got around to creating a profile over there. It's just a very handy site to check for Jazz news.

--- End quote ---

Ah reason why I asked was I am apart of the wider community underneath the SB Nation umbrella and was wondering if I saw you there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version