Community Forums > Movies & TV

All Things Netflix! Coming Soon: The Netflix Experience, Live and In Person!??

<< < (137/138) > >>

nickmitch:
So, the 31-day rule is a trial they're running in Latin American countries, and US users will be put on a verification code system.

This is still a stupid plan created by bad management. They're consistently struggling to add value to Netflix while actively decreasing the value of a subscription. You still can't really invest in a TV show without worrying that it'll be canceled before it gets a second season.

--- Quote from: ThePerm on February 01, 2023, 02:09:47 AM ---I assume Netflix will run up such a debt that they'll have to file for bankruptcy and be bought by Apple or something. They produce too many shows.

--- End quote ---

They're in pretty decent shape financially, from quick browsing of their financials. But if they end up broadly rolling out the 31-day lock-out timer, I suspect the subscriber numbers will drop about 45 days afterward, which would likely tank their stock.

BlackNMild2k1:
They supposedly backtracked on that 31 day BLOCK thing. That's pretty stupid.

If they just do a 2FA thing every 31 days for a device that never touches the home network, (and you should've have to log into Netflix from your phone from home, because why would I do that when I have unlimited data at 5G connection speeds at my house... and all my TV's are already connected to Netflix) then I think that will suffice and maybe even be enough of a deterrent in most cases to get some people to just pony up the cash and get a sub of their own.

nickmitch:
The idea of Netflix just annoying people into getting their own accounts is hilarious.

Stratos:
What's wrong with just blocking you from concurrently watching from multiple devices? Say you get two "real times views" for a basic account, and if a third device under your account tunes in to Netflix block it with a message you have too many running at once? Even giving an option for your "primary device" that you select to kick another viewer off their show.

Pretty sure that is close to how Hulu does it because we used to go in with another family member on the Disney/Hulu/ESPN bundle until they kept getting blocked and I had to reset the password to let them back on (they were in another state).

It just feels like Netflix is trying to cut back on free perks at a club and doing it with the poorest amount of tact possible.

BlackNMild2k1:
Netflix to open new Physical Locations...!?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-12/netflix-to-open-stores-where-fans-can-play-shop-and-eat-in-2025?leadSource=uverify%20wall

To be more like a Themed Bar and Grill with a Souvenir Shop and an "Escape Room"/Experience attached.

actually not a bad idea.

--- Quote ---Netflix Inc. plans to open new destinations where fans can immerse themselves in the worlds of their favorite TV shows, shop for clothing, eat themed food and maybe even try a Squid Game obstacle course.

Dubbed Netflix House, the venues will feature a mix of retail, dining and live experiences, according to Josh Simon, the company's vice president of consumer products. The streaming TV pioneer plans to open the first two in the US in 2025 and then expand the concept around the world.
--- End quote ---

I didn't do the Stranger Things Experience when it came to SF, but I could see that being a cool reason to keep vising the place, especially if the food and drinks are beyond decent.

Not only can they advertise the latest and greatest things they have to offer on the streaming platform, but they could have a small arcade area to boost the awareness that they also have games on the mobile platform. They can sell all the merchandise from their "Netflix Originals" and other popular programs.

Then plan on having a rotating "Experience", such as a Squid Game challenge, or Stranger Things Experience, (a few made up ones) Wednesdays Halloween Haunt, Locke and Key Interactive Escape Room, One Piece Playhouse (take picks with life size characters in set locations), World of The Witcher, Warrior Nun Training Grounds.... or countless other "experiences" based on Netflix properties.
edit: The House of Ushers New Years Eve Masquerade Ball (one I would very much look forward to. lol)

They could even have Movie/Show premier Dinner Parties, where they serve special themed items, and debut a certain show/movie hours ahead of the debut on the streaming platform.
Meet and Greets, Cos-Play events, and even Character/Actor signings.

--- Quote ---For years, media companies have used theme-park rides, costumes, toys and other consumer products to promote their characters and generate additional cash. This business is new to Netflix, whose marketing efforts have sometimes been criticized as inadequate by film and TV producers. Management views Netflix House more as a way to promote its titles than as a meaningful source of revenue, at least for now.

"We've seen how much fans love to immerse themselves in the world of our movies and TV shows, and we've been thinking a lot about how we take that to the next level," Simon said in an interview.

Netflix House will have rotating installations, including ticketed shows inspired by popular series and restaurants featuring food from unscripted shows. The food and drinks will range from fast casual – think burgers and fries – to more high-end dining, desserts and spirits.
--- End quote ---

Not a bad idea at all if they can pull it off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version