Community Forums > Movies & TV

(NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!

(1/969) > >>

BlackNMild2k1:
This thread is for listing upcoming movies & trailers for movies that look like they will be worth watching.
What this is mostly about is movies we might not have heard about unless someone posted it here.
Most of these movies might not have a big studio behind them and don't have solid release dates, but they've been announced and have a trailer that looks pretty damn good.

I'll start it off with a few even though most of these already have their own threads

Zombieland
Studio: Columbia Pictures
Director: Ruben Fleischer
Starring:  Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin
Release: October 9, 2009

--- Quote ---n the film, Columbus (Eisenberg) has made a habit of running from what scares him. Tallahassee (Harrelson) doesn't have fears. If he did, he'd kick their ever-living ass. In a world overrun by zombies, these two are perfectly evolved survivors. But now, they're about to stare down the most terrifying prospect of all: each other.
--- End quote ---

Machete!!
Studio:
Director: Robert Rodriguez
Starring: Danny Trejo, Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Jeff Fahey
Release:

--- Quote ---Machete (Trejo) is a Mexican ex-Federale with a gift for wielding a blade, who hides out as a day laborer, who is double-crossed by a corrupt state senator (De Niro). The film was teased as a faux trailer that was directed by Robert Rodriguez in Dimension Films' Grindhouse, which featured a full-length film from both Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino.
--- End quote ---

"Kick-Ass"
Studio:
Director: Matthew Vaughan
Starring: Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Nicolas Cage and Christopher Mintz-Plasse
Release:

--- Quote ---The story centers on a high school dweeb named Dave Lizewski who decides to become a superhero even though he has no athletic ability or coordination. Things change when he eventually runs into real bad guys with real weapons.
--- End quote ---

Black Dynamite
Studio: Sony Pictures
Director: Scott Sanders
Starring: Michael Jai White, Arsenio Hall, Tommy Davidson, Sally Richardson-Whitfield, John Salley, Bokeem Woodbine, Brian McKnight and more...
Release: October 16, 2009

--- Quote ---When “The Man” murders his brother, pumps heroin into local orphanages, and floods the ghetto with adulterated malt liquor, Black Dynamite is the one hero willing to fight all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House.
--- End quote ---

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Studio:
Director: Terry Gilliam
Starring: Heath Ledger, Christopher Plummer, Lily Cole, Andrew Garfield, Verne Troyer, Tom Waits, Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law
Release: US? UK Oct. 19, 2009

--- Quote ---THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS is a fantastical morality tale, set in the present-day. It tells the story of Dr. Parnassus and his extraordinary ‘Imaginarium', a travelling show where members of the audience get an irresistible opportunity to choose between light and joy or darkness and gloom. Blessed with the extraordinary gift of guiding the imaginations of others, Doctor Parnassus is cursed with a dark secret. An inveterate gambler, thousands of years ago he made a bet with the devil, Mr. Nick, in which he won immortality. Centuries later, on meeting his one true love, Dr. Parnassus made another deal with the devil, trading his immortality for youth, on condition that when his daughter reached her 16th birthday, she would become the property of Mr Nick
--- End quote ---

ThePerm:
i was sceptical about a movie called Zombieland, that was until i found out Woody Harrelson would be in it, at that point it became awesome incarnate. If anyone recalls I always said i thought the resident evil movies series should be called "Alice in Zombieland" because of all the wonderland references.

Stogi:
I'm looking forward to Tron Legacy, not because it looks extremely cool, but because the OST is going to be exclusively by Daft Punk!

BlackNMild2k1:
have they released the trailer for Tron Legacy yet?
I hear it looked good, but I not seen it yet.

& I updated the OP to be more informative

Stogi:
Ya they did. You can find at apple.com/trailers

Inglorious Basterds is supposedly as good if not better than Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version