Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Gets a New Trailer and Gameplay  (Read 966 times)

Offline John Rairdin

• Director
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Gets a New Trailer and Gameplay
« on: September 26, 2020, 07:15:00 AM »

A closer look at each of our champions

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/55026/hyrule-warriors-age-of-calamity-gets-a-new-trailer-and-gameplay

As part of their TGS Presentation this morning, Nintendo and Koei Tecmo showed off a new trailer and gameplay for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. The trailer gives us a quick look at each of the four champions and shows off a bit more of the world. The trailer can be found below. Beyond this Nintendo also confirmed that Impa will be a playable character. This makes her the first character beyond Link, Zelda, and the Champions, to be confirmed as playable.

At the beginning of the trailer we also see Akkala Citadel in flames, an event referenced in dialogue during Breath of the Wild but never seen. This was something we predicted after watching the original trailers for Age of Calamity. The full original trailer analysis can be found below.

Offline FrenchDog85

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity Gets a New Trailer and Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 05:20:25 PM »
Super important for me; Hyrule Warriors had no online Co-op.. I suppose because it was a Wii-U port?  Worrying is that this hasn't been mentioned yet...  I thought today's trailer was gonna be a bit more detail-oriented than it was.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 10:41:52 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if Link's fall is not the end of this game.  They could tell all sorts of stories in the 100 years of slumbering

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 03:47:59 AM »
I kinda wish this game got the Fire Emblem or even dare I say...Mario vs. Rabbids strategy game treatment. 

As an action game it takes some of the elements of the original game way.  Each enemy encounter in Breath of the Wild could kill you...if you were not prepared.  Everything was dangerous.  This game now throws so many enemies at you it loses its impact. 

I get that this is a different style game...but it is just seems off to me.