Author Topic: Kirby and the Forgotten Land Launching Spring 2022  (Read 1132 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Kirby and the Forgotten Land Launching Spring 2022
« on: September 23, 2021, 02:18:00 PM »

The pink puffball finds himself in an abandoned world.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/58428/kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-launching-spring-2022

Kirby and the Forgotten Land was announced in today’s Nintendo Direct.  Kirby’s new adventure is a fully 3D game with familiar powers and a world that appears abandoned and overgrown from a past civilization.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is scheduled to release Spring 2022.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Kirby and the Forgotten Land Launching Spring 2022
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 07:55:01 PM »
The track "City Ruins" sung by Kirby.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:09:44 PM »
I'm excited.  Even though it'll be HAL's first shot at a full 3D Kirby, they got to start somewhere.  We already had 3 great 2D Kirby games with Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe and Robobot but Star Allies showed they were finally burned out.  Going 3D is just what the series needs right now and even if it cant match the heights of the best 2D games, it'll at least give HAL a nice base to improve with later sequels.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 01:09:51 PM »
Kirby was the only slam-dunk must buy game for me. It was expected after the leak but I'm always up for a new Kirby game. I was wondering if it might be in the same vein as Crystal Shards as some of the camera work in the trailer made it seem like it could be on that 2.5D plain as that game. Though maybe it will be more like Mario 3D Land/World. The boss battle they showed definitely seemed to be in a contained 3D space but some of the footage of the levels made me wonder if they were in a tight and linear 3D area.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »
I'd long given up hope of ever seeing a 3D Kirby game, so this easily made the show for me. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.