Author Topic: EX Troopers to Remain Japan Only  (Read 2307 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
EX Troopers to Remain Japan Only
« on: September 10, 2012, 05:32:43 AM »

Capcom's Lost Planet spin-off will be Japan exclusive.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31611

Capcom has no plans to bring over the Lost Planet spin-off title, EX Troopers, to western shore, Senior Vice President Christian Svensson recently confirmed. The confirmation came in a response in their "Ask Capcom" forum thread. When a member asked about the game's future in North America, the official response was as follow:

"No because EX Troopers isn't part of the LP series officially (thus the difference in name) nor are there plans to bring it Westward at this time."

As stated, EX Troopers is a spin-off of the Lost Planet series with an anime aesthetic designed for the 3DS. It will be released in Japan on November 22.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: EX Troopers to Remain Japan Only
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:03:13 AM »
This is a shame. Despite the bland name and Japan's track record with person shooter games, E.X. Troopers looks fun. I hope a localization eventually makes its way, even if it has to be an import eShop title.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:06 AM »
I don't understand the mindset that because it isn't officially part of the Lost Planet franchise, Capcom's refusing to bring it to the West.  Haven't they been the Japanese company most championing Western-centric development?  And 3rd person shooters are reasonably popular in the West, so unless they're just creating a game that's that culturally incompatible outside Japan I don't understand this strategy.  Maybe the weak NPDs lately have companies running scared.

It could also just be that they do plan on releasing the game in the West, but they're not ready to announce it so (like Nintendo) they're just insisting on "no plans" until the day they're ready to announce it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:39:48 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
Part of me thinks this is a Nintendo/Atlus like move... but part of me wonders if this being the main character is the biggest problem.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:36:48 PM »
Looks like a male version of that crazy, psycho chick from FLCL.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!