Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Formally Announced  (Read 1366 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
New Super Mario Bros. U Formally Announced
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »

Mario dons a flying squirrel suit, and baby Yoshis elevate characters to new heights.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30467

Nintendo has officially announced New Super Mario Bros. U, the latest game in the New Super Mario Bros. series.

A gameplay trailer was shown off at Nintendo's E3 press conference. Some features presented included giant Goombas and Koopa Troopas, the return of the Blue and Yellow Toads as players three and four, baby Yoshis that can inflate in order to make the player float, a yellow baby Yoshi that served as a light source, blue baby Yoshis that spit bubbles, and a flying squirrel suit.

Nintendo confirmed that the game can be played on the TV screen, as well as the screen on the Wii U game controller.

The game was originally shown as a tech demo for Wii U at E3 2011. Nintendo will also be showing New Super Mario Bros 2 for Nintendo 3DS at the special event tomorrow.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Tora

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Formally Announced
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 01:51:20 PM »
Yeash!! I think it's weird that the 3DS had a better e3 than the Wii U (In my opinion) and there show doesn't start yet lol.  This doesn't look as  good as the Wii u one to me.  I think they should add good 3D effect and online and local multiplayer.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Formally Announced
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:41:52 PM »
Earlier this year, I felt indifference to both of the New Super Mario Bros announcements earlier this year. But you know what? The Wii U game looks a tonne of fun and as far as 2D Mario platformers are concerned, they haven't made one I didn't like yet. The 3DS game, I've still got mixed feelings on (perhaps overkill to have them both so close together) - this, on the other hand, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."