Author Topic: Returning to Poké-mania  (Read 3371 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Returning to Poké-mania
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »

Do you have what it takes 2.B.A Master?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/29712

Returning to Poké-mania features the staff of Nintendo World Report recounting their experiences and memories of Pokémon's biggest and most popular era, from the early days of the card game and anime to the launches of the movies and game sequels.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Ailingforale

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • The Video Game Backlog
Re: Returning to Poké-mania
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:32:36 AM »
Yeh, I can't tell you the amount of hours I put into Pokemon Blue and how many times I had defeated the Elite Four only to return and do it more and replay the game over again.  I own Black, but now play it more as a passive thing to get my Pokemon on when I need a fix, but can be summed up by my comment to a friend, "Oh, Black has an Elite Four as well eh?"
TheVideoGameBacklog.com

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 08:26:42 PM »
You'll always be my Gary Oak, Josh.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline C-Olimar

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
I care that you skipped Ruby and Sapphire. It is much, much better than Diamond and Pearl.

Also, @Ailingforale, the Elite Four is a major part of the Pokemon games - if you want a unique Pokemon RPG try Collesseum and XD. The main series should stick to the same formula, besides, there are plenty of decent spin offs which provide decent twists on the series.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »
I care that you skipped Ruby and Sapphire. It is much, much better than Diamond and Pearl.

I have to disagree, I think Ruby and Sapphire are the worst of the mainline Pokemon games. Having looked around, it looks like many people agree with that. They are the only ones I have not beat (besides Black and White, which came out just as I started playing video games less often).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:47:59 AM »
I only played Emerald because I was so disinterested in Gen III, and I have to agree that it was the worst gen, at least for me. The gen I remakes were good though. And I ended up loving Gen IV. Maybe more than Gen V, but that one's not over yet, so we'll see.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline C-Olimar

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 02:36:52 AM »
I'm aware that they are considered the worst generation, but for me they are around 3rd-4th best. Hoenn is my favorite region since it is quite big and has some interesting and creative towns. However, my favorite games are Gold and Silver. Anyway, whilst I did like Diamond and Pearl, they are my least favorite games. They were just not very captivating for me.

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »
I caught a legit mew on my recent play through of blue, was fun to actually catch it. Easy to do as well.
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »
Funny how it took like 14 years for someone to figure out a legit way to do that (it was announced in 2010).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 11:49:32 PM »
Theres a way to get celebi in gold and silver now too. Although it takes a little more effort, I will try it down the road though.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 11:54:35 PM »
Really? I would have loved that back then. Kinda cool.

Offline Ryadin91

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 12:48:12 AM »

Personally I think the 3rd generation was the most over looked generation. When they came out I think Pokemon was kind of dropping in popularity for a while.
It's kind of a shame because I really loved that generation and I remember the most about that game.
I got a dead pixel on my 3DS and it pains me...
Please someone answer my question! http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37536.msg728915#msg728915

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »
My friend and I had fun with the secret bases, plus hearing about the stupid comments on the TV about them.

They really should have kept the day/night graphical differences though.

Offline Ryadin91

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »
True, but man, if Nintendo were to make a remake of this game (Ruby/Sapphire for 3DS)......OH MAN I'll be first in line at walmart or target or WHEREVER the hell will have it at MIDNIGHT!
I got a dead pixel on my 3DS and it pains me...
Please someone answer my question! http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=37536.msg728915#msg728915