Author Topic: Official Public Toilets Discussion  (Read 146262 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: Official Public Toilets Discussion
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2019, 06:40:25 AM »
That could have turned out worse. It was a ball python after all.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 03, 2019, 02:57:39 AM »
https://www.sheboyganpress.com/story/news/2019/07/01/sheboygan-toilet-clogger-sentenced-probation-150-days-jail/1569553001/

Sheboygan serial toilet clogger sentenced to 150 days in jail, probation

Dude. He didn't do it at just one job site, either.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
https://apnews.com/bf7275bba3dd425ca79dc4f1af47202a

San Francisco curbs waste with public toilets, ‘poop patrol’

If SNL were still funny, they'd make that into a skit.

San Francisco started its “Pit Stop” program in July 2014 with public toilets in the city’s homeless-heavy Tenderloin, after children complained of dodging human waste on their way to school. Today, the staffed bathrooms have grown from three to 25 locations, and the program has expanded to Los Angeles. In May, the toilets in San Francisco recorded nearly 50,000 flushes, all logged by attendants.

Like what, with a clipboard?

Attendants who are paid the city’s minimum wage of $16 an hour check after every use and knock on doors to make sure people are not doing drugs or other illicit activity. The bathrooms must shine or they do not open.

Sacramento, which is in a county where a one-night count of the homeless increased 19% in two years, tried a Pit Stop but stopped after a few months because it cost too much.

Great job libruls! You've made business costs so exorbitant that you can't even pay someone to clean up poop.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2019, 02:49:19 AM »

Offline tomplatz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2019, 06:24:33 AM »
Hi. It is really weird thread but it can be very helpful if you like traveling. Thanks for the information.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2019, 09:06:50 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/golden-toilet-worth-over-1-163036443.html

Golden Toilet, Worth Over $1 Million, Stolen from Birthplace of Winston Churchill

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2019, 04:59:26 PM »
Churchill had a golden toilet?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »
Is this the ultimate Japanese innovation? Could the world get any worse?

"Loo with a view: transparent public toilets installed in Tokyo parks"

Yes, you read that right.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/18/loo-with-a-view-transparent-public-toilets-installed-in-tokyo-parks

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2020, 07:27:04 PM »
Ryan Reynolds but why. gif

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2020, 09:02:24 PM »
I saw those in action on imgur a week or so ago. When you flick the switch on the door to occupied to automatically frosts the glass so no one can see in or out. (Or at least that's what the person inside thinks.... :evil; ). The comment that stuck with me, though, was someone saying that you know these toilets had to be somewhere like Japan because the glass would have been all smashed or tagged with graffiti if it was in the US (although I'd extend that to Canada as well). That comment has stuck with me and is another sad indictment on the negatives of the culture we have. This is why we can't have nice things.  :'(
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2020, 06:11:14 PM »
When you flick the switch on the door to occupied to automatically frosts the glass so no one can see in or out. (Or at least that's what the person inside thinks.... :evil; )

What happens if there's a power outage?

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2020, 11:45:23 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasa-is-launching-an-experimental-23-million-toilet-to-the-space-station-on-thursday-but-its-designers-worry-it-s-too-stinky/ar-BB19m8tM

On Thursday evening, NASA is sending a new, $23 million toilet to the International Space Station.

It's meant as a test: Astronauts on the ISS will test the toilet out before NASA installs an upgraded version on its Orion spaceship, which is slated to fly a crew to the moon as early as 2023.

But Jason Hutt, the Orion spaceship's engineering lead, said there's still one kink with the UWMS: It's too stinky.

Because Orion is only the length of a small powerboat and must house four waste-expelling adults...

-_-

The tests require human noses, so NASA has "certified sniffers" at its White Sands Test Facility in New Mexico. True to their title, these employees are paid to smell the toilets after they've been used to evaluate whether odor-control measures are working.

This is what scientists are doing instead of solving Covid or inventing hoverboards smh

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2020, 08:12:47 PM »
I imagine the Russian shitter was just fine. Also, each SpaceX Starship will cost about $40 million.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 08:15:36 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #189 on: October 06, 2020, 12:08:39 AM »
More of a "Publicly Funded Toilets" discussion now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2022, 02:13:24 PM »
The Bathroom of the Future Is Here: From High-Tech Toilets to Self-Filling Tubs

https://www.wsj.com/articles/high-tech-bathroom-11642720799

The Washlet+Totos come with bidet seats and conceal attendant water lines and power cables. Choose the S550e (from $2,111) for an automatically opening and closing lid, catalytic deodorizer, auto-flushing option and a system that pre-mists the spray wand and bowl with electrolyzed water, to cut down on grime. Despite those high tech features, the Drake looks like a toilet, and not, as some high-tech commodes do, “like a pod,” said Ms Kohut. “Not everything has to look futuristic…to function in modern times,” she said.