Author Topic: Lindemann Syndrome Anonymous (LSA): The Backlog Thread.  (Read 35553 times)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Lindemann Syndrome Anonymous (LSA): The Backlog Thread.
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »
Man, I forgot what it's like to beat a game for once (it was the DS version of Batman: The Brave and the Bold). Feels so good.

The DS Phat is simply magnificent when it comes to 2d platformers/action games, whether they be on the DS or GBA.

Yay a game beaten, take that Lindemann Syndrome! Congrats haha, on to the next one now?

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2017, 10:05:55 PM »
With a Switch preorder in the bag, I have begun The Great Wii U Purge, aka everything on my Wii U must be beaten before I move on.

This is a very unrealistic expectation, as I have more than a few meaty games on there, but I feel pretty confident that I'll finish off my full retail and eShop games before I make the Switch. Games currently unbeaten on my Wii U:

Virtual Console:
Earthbound (Roughly 75% complete)
A Link to the Past (Not started)
Super Metroid (90% complete)
Advance Wars (2% complete)
Mega Man X (Garbage, remaining incomplete)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (5% complete)
Golden Sun (5% complete)
Mega Man Battle Network 2 (55% complete)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Prime- 90% Echoes-35%)

eShop Games:
The Swindle (Not started)
Elliot Quest (90% complete, could go straight for neutral ending)
UNEpic (65% complete, **** the Great Neuron)
Affordable Space Adventures (80% complete)
Runner 2 (35% complete)
Trine 2 (No idea, but not too worried about it)
Stealth Inc 2 (30% complete)
Citizens of Earth (Not started)
Swords and Soldiers II (Not started)
Runbow (Not started, likely remaining incomplete)

You might think that's bad, but I've got 27 other eShop games I've beaten on there, in addition to 10 digital retail games. Whoo!
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2017, 12:22:08 PM »
Just found Rhythm Heaven for the DS priced at a mere 4 bucks. This is wonderful because now the amount of games I've bought this year already outweighs the number I've played/beaten, and we're not even past the first month!

Materialism!

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2017, 02:22:05 AM »
I'm planning to pick up the SNK arcade classics collection on Wii. It will get me 16 Neo Geo games at a nice price and if I find something I like (for example the first Metal Slug game I suspect will a hit with me) I can get collections of several of SNK's more long running series' like Metal Slug or King of Fighters if I end up craving more.

This is going to do wonders for my backlog.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 02:28:07 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2017, 12:52:19 AM »
I just got Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice from the sale on the eshop.
Just to be clear I still haven't finished the third Ace Attorney game nor have I started Apollo Justice which is the fourth mainline game in the series.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2017, 08:40:18 AM »
Just to be clear I still haven't finished the third Ace Attorney game nor have I started Apollo Justice which is the fourth mainline game in the series.

Lol, out of curiosity what series do you have the most unplayed entries of? I think for me it might be Donkey Kong: got the Wii game, DK Jungle Beat, and Tropical Freeze - all of which I've tried just once and finished only a few levels of so far. Well and the Civ bundle I got yesterday, that's also 3 games with a bunch of expansions.

Oh and I've got several Platinum Games titles in the backlog, but I guess those aren't really a series (Madworld, Viewtiful Joe 2, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101). Consumerism is so ridiculous haha.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2017, 08:43:08 AM »
Well for Shyguy it's Undertale!  :@
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2017, 03:46:47 AM »
It's a common Catholic tradition to give something up during Lent. I have decided to use this opportunity to try to stop purchasing new games and focus on playing the games I have instead.

Whether or not I will actually manage to resist purchasing a new game before April 13th is another story.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »
Good thing there's nothing significant coming out any time soon.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2017, 12:25:06 PM »
It's a common Catholic tradition to give something up during Lent. I have decided to use this opportunity to try to stop purchasing new games and focus on playing the games I have instead.

Whether or not I will actually manage to resist purchasing a new game before April 13th is another story.
I support your decision and may join you.
Does taking games out of the library count?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
So I plugged those collection disks I purchased last month into Backloggery. Hot doggie, that left a mark.

I support your decision and may join you.
Does taking games out of the library count?
I don't  borrow games from the library so I won't say.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2017, 06:42:13 PM »
As the once and future Forum Pope of NWR, I can say that borrowing a game is not the same as purchasing. However, neither a borrower nor a lender be so I'm not even sure why this is a question....
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2017, 07:49:11 PM »
Jonathan Metts once ruled that exchanging Club Nintendo coins for a game didn't count as buying a game, so going by that I think borrowing from the library is in the clear.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2017, 03:20:03 AM »
I caved in and ordered the Wii U version of BOTW just now.  Except according to Amazon the earliest i can expect the copy to arrive is the 10th of April so there we go.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2017, 07:14:07 AM »
Amazon did that with my copy as well. Estimated an April delivery but still sent it within a week.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2017, 07:38:11 PM »
Since the launch of the Switch, I have bought the following:

Wii U

Sonic Lost World
Game & Wario
New Remix Pack
Just Dance 2015
Just Dance 2016
Just Dance 2017

3DS

Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma
Pokémon Sun
Pokémon Moon
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of a Forgotten Past
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

All of this has still cost me less than buying a Switch. Normally, I wouldn't have bought so much at one time but the Gamestop equivalent of Canada has had a special sale going on since March 3 that is running until April 2 which is that if you buy 2 used games then you get the 3rd one free. Used games are cheaper than brand new copies plus if you have a high enough membership card, you can get a bit more of the price. If I take the price of 2 games and divide it over the three, it makes for a price point I would gladly take if they were sold at that cost individually. The highest price labelled for the games (and majority labelled price for the games) I bought is $35.99. 2 games at that price with tax is just over $80 but when I take that total and divide it over 3 games, that comes to about $26.87 with tax per game which is about 50% off the normal price as most of these games are retailing at $49.99 CAD and that's before tax. The only thing is that I have to buy a bunch of games at once to take advantage of the price compared to if it was just a 50% off sale for one or two titles. However, having not really purchased a lot of games the past couple years because of the rising price of games, (3DS games used to sell around the $35.00 mark with some games $5.00 above or below that depending on the title) I'd held off on buying stuff until a found a price point I was happy with. Being able to now reach this price point, I've begun taking advantage of it. It's probably helped that with the launch of the Switch, some people have traded in newer games or at least good copies of them so that I've been able to pick up some of the newer released titles at a good price.

Ironically, the one 3DS game I probably most want has been one I've yet to see used anywhere despite checking 7 EBGames stores in my local and surrounding area and that is Kirby: Planet Robobot. I'm also ticked I missed Best Buy's discount of Paper Jam for $14.97 which is a killer good price. Likewise, there have been no copies of Paper Jam for me to pick up in this deal yet either.

Anyways, thought I'd bring this up in case others have the means to take advantage of it as I think it is worth it. The only problem can be when you can find 2 games you want but can't really find a 3rd. I wasn't really interested in Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins and only picked it up because the store I was in couldn't find the copy of Mario and Sonic at the 2014 Sochi Olympics despite having the case on the shelf. It was the only thing priced right with the other games I was buying and that I thought might have been ok reviewed (it did become a Nintendo select title) to purchase aside from getting something I already owned and trying to sell off the extra copy later. At this point, my last dream find would be a store that has Planet Robobot, Paper Jam and Story of Seasons although I'd be willing to consider Mario Party: Star Rush, some other Harvest Moon titles, Hatsune Miku Project, or even remakes like Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.

At this point, for the Wii U, I think the only titles I'm still looking to buy are:

Ducktales Remastered
Pokken Tournament
Super Mario Maker
(depends on price because I still wonder how long online services will last and then one can no longer play other people's creations)

The following are games I'd be open to buying but not worried if it doesn't happen since I clearly have more than enough to play from these recent purchases:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics 2014 and/or 2016 (Haven't played any of the M&SatO games but Phil and I think Mop it up seem to be fairly positive about them so I'd be willing to give them a try)

Twilight Princess HD (my initial thought was pass on this title since I have the GC version and I just didn't see myself ever revisiting this game but BotW has me re-energized in Zelda that I'm now curious to try this again with a game in the height of the old style of dungeon and Zelda design but I still might pass since I've got the GC version to replay if I need to)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (ShyGuy seemed impressed by it back in the day if I recall. Can't say it interests me too much but it look nice and it's a different type of game than I normally play)

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (why not? I hear it's only medicore and not outright terrible like other Sonic games. As well, I hear and think it doesn't take long to beat so I may not have to make it sit long in my backlog. Sometimes it's nice to have a simple game to quickly complete.)

Sonic All-Star Racing (I hear it's actually good and was the Kart racing game of choice before MK8 took over that title as expected.)

Lego Batman 3 (I bought the 2nd one of Wii U because it was under $10 despite not owning the first. Haven't played it to know what the quality is like but it's almost at the same price point being around $13.00)

Epic Mickey 2 (I know this didn't get good reviews when it came out at the start of the Wii U's life span and the Epic Mickey franchise since died after 2 middling games but part of me is still intrigued by the property to pick it up anyways at a low cost despite not playing the first)

Splatoon (That's right. Lumped with all these other games is Splatoon. I really don't play Shooter/combat type games that this is styled off of nor am I much of an online gamer. With those 2 factors along with the fact that the single player mode is relatively short means I'm unsure I'd really like this title. And with Splatoon 2 soon releasing on Switch, it could be the more Splatoon players carry on playing it there making the Wii U version and online crowd more obsolete. Probably not going to happen at this point)

If anyone wants to chime in on whether something is worth buying or skipping on these Wii U titles, I'm open to hearing about it.

I think you should stop spending so much on videogames :D ;D
Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Any other suggestions?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2017, 01:37:38 AM »
I got Severed (Wii U/3DS Crossbuy) Pandora's Tower, the two Dillon's Rolling Western games, and Another World (Wii U) through sales and Mynintendo discounts.
Man even Mynintendo is against me.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2018, 01:43:33 PM »
So I've owned a Switch for like two months and I already have 16 games on there for the backlog.

Oh the horror.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »
So I've owned a Switch for like two months and I already have 16 games on there for the backlog.

Oh the horror.

Physical or digital?  I only have 3 physical games for switch (Zelda, Mario, Mariokart 8, but I've bought a lot of digital games, including Splatoon.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2018, 03:50:01 PM »
I'm probably going to get a PS Vita now to deal with the backlog of games I have on the PS3 that have crossplay. If only sony had gotten to me sooner.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2021, 10:54:51 PM »
My backloggery is a nightmare now. Holy ****.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2021, 11:16:24 AM »
My backloggery is a nightmare now. Holy ****.
I was happy to see you were back.
Your numbers look pretty bad (82.6% unfinished :o), but have you updated with everything you finished in the past few years?

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2021, 11:23:33 AM »
Nope. I still have my PC and Switch download stuff to add.