Author Topic: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Game Over!  (Read 69301 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 1!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2021, 10:18:55 PM »
Gonna go with JT and the Big Family - Moments in Soul
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2021, 10:25:44 PM »
Looks like I half hijacked this thread to be my baby announcement thread ;) Thanks for the well wishes all. Wife had a beautiful baby girl. Had some minor complications but after a week in the hospital momma and baby are home safe. Its our first so been a major learning experience. Thankfully between my awesome company and local state family leave program I get three months of paid leave to stay home and be fully there with the family. I thought that would mean some extra time for games between feedings but its not quite gone that smoothly yet.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2021, 02:31:53 AM »
Unfortunately, the new baby has caused Stratos to be a bit sleep-deprived. Thus, he was not at his best when performing leading to this unfortunate moment:

Now recuperating in the hospital, Stratos had to cancel all upcoming tour dates which means JT and the Big Family won't get their big break either by being able to open for him. With no one else hiring them for fear they are a jinx there's only one thing for this agent to do and that's cut them loose because they're of no value to me anymore.

That said, I still have a reputation to keep and I need to show everyone that you can't wiggle out of a contract with me like Stratos is trying to do by getting injured so I arranged to have the hospital where he is staying blown up.

Now that's what I call... very persuasive. :evil;
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2021, 02:32:57 AM »
So, with his selection of the bomb word, Stratos brings an end to Round 1. That means Insanolord gets control of the bomb word to start Round 2.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2021, 09:19:47 AM »
Oh no Stratos!!!   The dream of being a family man and going on tour was too much for him and he fell off the stage and into the hospital.    King Gong is one of those types of agents which work you till you are grinded down into dust and he what?!?  Blew up the hospital!!!  That is wild. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2021, 10:22:15 AM »
Yes, that's the events I'm going with. It's all true. Don't question it further....

Insanolord has selected a new bomb word. Round 2 is now on!

Mop it up has the first selection in Round 2. She can choose from the following acts:

49ers - Don't You Love Me
Bizz Nizz - Don't Miss The Partyline
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
Jimmy Somerville - Read My Lips (Enough is Enough)
Mantronix - Got To Have Your Love
Orbital - Chime
Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
Technotronic - This Beat is Technotronic

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 2!
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2021, 11:02:43 AM »
Nooooo Stratos you were the chosen one! Even had a family themed song. This is messed up Khush. I'm reporting this thread for multiple breaches of the Geneva convention.  >:(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2021, 11:31:53 AM »
You're only realizing this game is messed up now?

Maybe this will push me into the Top 5 of the Geneva Convention's Most Wanted list. King Gong is going to the top, baby!!!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2021, 01:13:17 PM »
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence because I do indeed enjoy silence, quiet down in here with all this noise! Just a buncha noise!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2021, 02:42:42 PM »
Story is very unnecessary
When there is no harm

Mop it up is safe. Our next contestant to try their luck is TOPHATANT123! He can select from the following:

Orbital - Chime

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2021, 04:15:09 PM »
All right Mr Gong, I've listened to your demo, and well... There's going to have to be some changes.

There's this one song however, couldn't get it out of my head! How does it go? Badum cha, badum cha, yeah that's it, Jimmy Somerville - Read My Lips (Enough is Enough). Book 'im, I want the lawyers down there with the paperwork before close.

Oh and congratulations Stratos!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2021, 04:42:41 PM »
My demo? You mean a sampling of the artists I represent? (Or did I make a demo at some point and not remember it after a night of hard partying....?)

The contract is agreed upon, the deal is done and the match-up of TOPHATANT123 and Jimmy Somerville is a total success. (Something I definitely expected to be typing on these forums when 2021 began a couple months ago.) However, it turns out it is never enough as the fans want more so it is back to the recording studio for TOPPY!

And now we come to the man who's initials are My Amazing Stratos Bomb, MASB! The true guilty party! Can this harmonica man find an act that works within his sphere of musical expertise?

Orbital - Chime

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2021, 05:07:41 PM »
So much for making it a family act! Better luck going back to being a solo artist ;)
My Game Collection

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2021, 10:52:57 PM »
My career may be on the upswing! Some character named Qui-Gon Khush wants me to do a benefit concert for a hospital. Usually you do this stuff to help buy some equipment or build a new wing onto the hospital. But apparently, this benefit is to build a new one from scratch! I feel honored that they asked me to get in on the ground floor. Little fuzzy on what happened to the old hospital. People act like it went up in smoke...

I was asked to do a cover song for this performance. Here's one for all the ladies! Mantronix - Got To Have Your Love

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2021, 03:01:58 AM »
MASB and the New Blood's benefit concert is a huge hit and exceeds the donation expectations. Not only did I get a share of those proceeds but it seems like I may end up getting a hospital named after me. This may turn out to be the best sabotage work I've done in my life to this point!

It sounds like BeautifulShy has now added a tour into the heartland and needs an opening act again for these new dates. Such short notice! I'm afraid all I have to offer at this point are:

Orbital - Chime

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2021, 04:16:06 AM »
Heading into the heartland I ponder to myself, should I cater to the people and sing something that they like or something that works for me.  Anyone that knows me knows that I tend to march to the beat of my own drum.   Something me and with a nice jumpy beat.

I am sure everyone will love 49er's Don't You Love Me.

It is a song that has a nice beat and brings about self adoration. Sometimes it is nice to get that going for oneself to lift up said person.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2021, 10:21:52 AM »
BeautifulShy's "My Own Nice Jumpy Drum Beat" Tour connects with the fans and the tour is a big $ucce$$. I'm going to be like Scrooge McDuck here if this all keeps up! Of course, I'll actually need to save up some money instead of BLOW-ing most of it to make that happen. That's a pun there!

On that matter, I better keep my river of cash flowing. nickmitch is looking for an opening act again as he now does a Caribbean tour. Who is going to join him for some fun in the sun?

Orbital - Chime

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2021, 12:12:11 AM »
Aw, jeeze.  Is it hot in here, or is it just me?  What was in that pill you gave me?  Am I supposed to be this sweaty?  And who the hell is Molly?

Nevermind, I'm just gonna dance this off.  Let's put on some Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2021, 01:30:02 AM »
In his effort to get comfortably numb, nickmitch suffers some consequences from the mix of pills given to him by one of his roadies and loses touch with reality. The reason it is so hot in here is that he has stumbled into a volcano and mistaken the bright lights and loud roaring for a concert arena.

After giving what he thought was an awesome performance for an hour, he then made the unwise decision to really hype up "the crowd" by jumping into it for some crowdsurfing.

(Pulled a Micheal Jackson and went white too according to that picture. ;) )

A sudden eruption of lava caused by the disturbance of nickmitch's burning body was the finale to this sad chain of events.

Meanwhile, the whole experience has got my client so upset at me for locking her into this tour fiasco that she's used it to fire me as her manager and hire someone else. Well, whatever. Just some one-hit wonder. I'm sure no one will be thinking of Paula Abdul in a few years and I don't think her next album is going to be all that hot. I got plenty of other clients who don't want to make love to anthropomorphic cats. I say this is still a victory for me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2021, 01:36:53 AM »
nickmitch has chosen the bomb word for this round and has been eliminated. That means control of the bomb word has shifted to BeautifulShy.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2021, 01:37:05 AM »
And on a different note, although I made a dismissive remark about it in the story, I actually do like Paula Abdul's second album, Spellbound.

I listened to this a lot as a kid. Whenever I'd go driving with my parents, I'd always want them to put this in the cassette player of the car (how OLD AM I?) or would put it into the home stereo system and listen to it. I had the songs all memorized for a time. Writing this little blurb up got me to look that album and those songs up and, man, the memories of this stuff can rush rush-ing back. Maybe there's some nostalgia there but I still thing some of the songs on that album are fantastic. Can't believe I'd forgotten about it all these years.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 17: Now That's What I Call... Round 3!
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2021, 10:38:19 AM »
Bomb word has been selected and Round 3 is now on!

Mr. Bungle is the player who starts this round. Which act will he choose to kick things off?

Orbital - Chime

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2021, 12:08:32 PM »

Our second album, Disco Volante, is perhaps our most experimental. Released in 1995 the album blends everything from Death Metal to Tango. But there is a very strong Italian influence. The album title itself is Italian for "Flying Saucer" and the track "Violenza Domestica" is sung completely in Italian. For most people the album is too difficult to understand but I remember Gianfranco Bortolotti really digging it and asking us to collaborate on a follow up to 49ers-Don't You Love Me that would be released the next year as the single "Lovin' You"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 06:29:31 PM by Mr. Bungle »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2021, 12:41:29 PM »

Disco Volante? I'm pretty sure that's the ship of the villain in Thunderball, SPECTRE's number 2, where they keep the warheads. *Click on the link* Yep, confirmed. I know my Bond trivia.

Mr. Bungle's collaboration is a smart choice and anticipation is now growing on what their next album may have in store.

Next up is Discord.RecordSS. What tubular and gnarly act do they want to have further their reputation as the hip place to be for music lovers of the day?

Orbital - Chime

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2021, 11:41:43 AM »
Don't Miss the Partyline!