Community Forums > General Chat

NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto

<< < (589/596) > >>

BlackNMild2k1:
Anyone watch that Lakers Celtics game?

has there been a worse referre'd 4th quarter specifically so far this season?
Calling fouls that didn't happen... both ways, missing obvious fouls that the Ref was literally staring at from several feel away (Lebron Layup end of Regulation), stupid flagrants....
This 4th quarter was just fucking awful, and despite all that, the Lakers should've won in regulation.... but apparently, just as when Embiid help WB's wrist a few weeks ago, apparently Tatum didn't slap Lebron's arm down on that layup to end the game.

Lakers gave up in OT.... AD not getting back on D and just watching Brown run past him... that's when I knew it was over... even though there was still about 2.5m left in the game. and then WB with the block by the rim....smfh. comical, especially since Lebron was open in the corner right in front of him.

I feel Lebron's frustration.

Adrock:

--- Quote from: BlackNMild2k1 on January 29, 2023, 12:03:05 AM ---Anyone watch that Lakers Celtics game?
--- End quote ---
Of course, I did. Bad reffing cost the Lakers three games definitely, possibly four. It is what it is.

--- Quote ---Lakers gave up in OT
--- End quote ---
Ehh, I felt they were deflated from that non-call. They kept it within reach despite the circumstances. I give Davis a pass. This was his second game back, and he played well over his 20-24 minute minutes restriction.

This game isn’t close if Westbrook is average. The Lakers lost leads every time homeboy checked into the game. And if Pat Bev makes that one free throw, maybe we don’t have this conversation. If he doesn’t foul Brown, maybe we don’t have this conversation. That putback dunk was filthy though.

Also, Pat Bev is disgustedupvote.jpeg for me, but showing the camera to the ref was hilarious. I saw this on Reddit:

BlackNMild2k1:
Holy **** at this Warriors game tonight..... I just .... can't.

of all the things that went wrong, they literally stall in the last 5 seconds to give the Warriors an opportunity to challange that foul on Klay's pass, which was called a foul on Looney who didn't even touch anyone (it was Klay being hit trying to pass to Looney)... Game was tied, Warriors in the bonus...

If Kerr had called the challenge and won (he would've, they showed the replay), Klay would've had 2 Free Throws to put the Warriors in the lead with under 5 seconds in regulation. Then we don't need to watch the Ice Cold Dubs Show continue to **** the bed in the 4th and OT.
What a disaster.... and now the Dubs fall from 5th to 8th in one loss.

So many things led to the loss tonight, but the above mentioned could've bailed them out of this one, and not put as much pressure on having to play the Nugz tomorrow.

BlackNMild2k1:
True, but the it's very likely had they called that foul (like they should have), Lebron would've made attleast 1 of the 2 freethrows and the game would've been over. Then that Pat Bev moment would've never needed to happen.

Just like the one in the 76er game against WB where Embiid was literally holding WB's wrist for a solid second or two.

and the other 2 games where the same exact thing happened.

BeautifulShy:
This ref nonsense has cost the Lakers 4 games.  Had those games gone the other way the Lakers would be the 4th or 5th seed instead of 11th and with a win versus the Pelicans on Saturday another game up in the standings.

There were the Mavs, 76ers, Kings and Celtics games the refs screwed up. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version