Author Topic: FFV-VI GBA  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
FFV-VI GBA
« on: October 05, 2005, 01:39:50 PM »
Is anyone else really disappointed they're making all these for GBA? FFIII looks fantastic in 3D on the DS. I'd LOVE to see FFVI like that. It's disappointing the final remake of the two best FF games are just going to be straight ports.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: FFV-VI GBA
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 01:53:54 PM »
Who said it's the final remake? First they'll milk the GBA for straight ports, then they'll remake those ports on the DS.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 02:01:42 PM »
FF III is "special" since it was the only Final Fantasy not released in the states, thus the 3D treatment. I'm not that disappointed with VI just being on the GBA with (supposedly) no improvements - I'm just glad it's there.
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
    • View Profile
RE:FFV-VI GBA
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 02:36:55 PM »
but they have confirmed they are adding on to the game, they are ports with additional content....................

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 10:16:23 PM »
I'd be happy with a European release already, I think we only got the PS versions of the early FFs and they seem to be rather sloppy ports.

Offline jakeOSX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 05:51:56 AM »
i too am excited about the GBA ports for the FF games. I like the DS and all of its 3Dness, but the GBA fits better in my pocket...

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 06:05:11 AM »
Is it just me, or does FFIII look mind-blowingly beautiful in those two screens that we have?
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 09:36:40 AM »
I don't like that they're on the GBA and not the DS but not because I want a complete remake.

I'd like them on the DS because (a) it will be much easier to read the text, menus, etc on the DS and (b) the DS has the proper number of buttons.

It's been questioned on other threads, but is it possible for a GBA game to be programmed to take advantage of the additional buttons (or possibly even the second screen) on the DS?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 10:47:43 AM »
The button thing really isn't an issue... i mean... its FF.. did the SNES versions even use the shoulder buttons?  I don't remember.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Mr. Segali

• PAY YOUR RENT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 11:55:02 AM »
To run away from battles, yeah.
Imported Super Princess Peach

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 01:59:34 PM »
 cant.. stop looking... iwata's chest...
I'll shut up now...

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 02:29:35 PM »
Didn't many people think PSP would be the system for FF-gamers?  Maybe the two FFs+Mana coming out for DS will win some RPG gamers over?
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 09:39:32 AM »
Yeah, and all the PSP has so far is that diablo wanna-be "Untold Legends". We've at the very least got Lunar. Plus a huge library of GBA games.