Author Topic: Bye Bye Gamecube  (Read 20265 times)

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« on: June 12, 2003, 05:20:40 PM »
Today I gave my Gamecube and Animal Crossing to my little sister. I took my 12 other games + the N64 and a few N64 games we had and sold them at GameStop for a brand new PS2. For about $80 I bought a PS2+Broad band adapter, SOCOM, GTA III, and Midnight Club Street Racing. My GameCube just couldnt satisfy my gaming needs, although I will pick up a GBA SP for classics and Mega Man games. Tomorrow I'm taking a trip to Best Buy for some speakers and an ethernet cable to run from my network card to my PS2. Well so long..
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 05:25:28 PM »
NintendoKID, if you didn't live in the States I'd have killed you by now.
I hope you enjoy you PS2, however, but you SUCK!
UGH!
*Storms off crying*

But you still have your Gamecube! Play it! PLAY IT!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 05:29:47 PM »
Well, if all you had was Animal Crossing, I can see why you would be hurting for games.    Although I probably would have bought some new games rather than buy a PS2.

Just curious though.  What game on the PS2 is it that you really want?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline bubba23

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 05:46:30 PM »
A true Nintendo Kid would not do such a thing. It's time to retire your forum name, because you don't deserve it.  
Bubba 23

Atari 2600  - NES  - GB - Genesis - SNES - N64 - Dreamcast - PS2 - GBA SP - GC (with GBP)  - XBox - PC

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 05:57:48 PM »
Can you delete youself, or ask Rick or Daniel to delete you?

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 06:04:20 PM »
Now now people.    Just because he doesn't own or like Nintendo consoles anymore doesn't mean that he has to give up his name.  (Unfitting though it may be)
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2003, 06:33:54 PM »
What's the point of this?  Really?  You gave up your GameCube, good for you.  Now retire your forum name and go over to some $ony fanboy site and shut the hell up  Seriosly who gives a cr*p if you gave up your GameCube.  What psychological problem makes you feel anyone cares or even wants your opinion on the matter?  What are people supposed to feel bad that you no longer support the GameCube?

Here's some food for thought, GTA is actually cartoon ultra-violence for 10 years olds, even though its a supposed "mature" title.  Also Socom has been totally ruined by online cheating.  Seriously, I own it myself.  Enjoy  

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 06:37:47 PM »
Imagine:
NintendoKiD on the PS2 forums.
"Hey n00b, why you have the 'n' word on your name?
"Cause it was my name on another forums."
"Well why you not have SonyKiD? Why have N******oKiD? GO away you N******o lover!"

"Hey PGC, can I come back now?"

As you can see, Nintendo is a rude word to Sony and M$ fanboys. It is banned on their forums.
You'll be back, NintendoKiD. Believe me!
YOU'LL COME CRAAAWLIN' BACK HERE!

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2003, 07:30:37 PM »
Considering his tag read -playing Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker - exactly what do you hope to find on PS2 to meet your gaming needs?  SOCOM?  Sonny, as it looks like you already have a CPU, if online gaming is what you want, there's a helluva lot better out there than SOCOM.  As for the other two you are so proud of picking up, I can't think of many GC games whose jocks those games could hold.

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 07:32:59 PM »
clap* clap* clap*

..thank you... my life is now complete  
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline mojorizin

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2003, 07:53:13 PM »
Yes, dumping your cube and going to a PS2 to "satisfy your gaming needs" reminds me a bit of Hugh Grant turning his back on 'Liz Hurley and paying Divine Brown 10 bucks to "satisfy HIS gaming needs."  

Both of you tossed out something spectacular, got screwed and have nothing to show for it.

Offline NIN10D0

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2003, 07:55:01 PM »
I think you made a mistake, there are great games coming out later for GC.

Resident Evil 4(this game alone is worth keeping GC for me)
Metroid Prime 2(same here)
Killer 7(I have a high expectation for this game)
Viewtiful Joe(LOVED playing the demo)
New Mario(another high expectation)
New Zelda(with realistic 3d graphic it will be awesome)
and more...

And some of the games, I will treasure them in my collection.
RE0-1, Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime, Ikaruga

I understand lack of game quantities for GC, that's why I recently bought a PS2 after $180 price cut, since I've felt that way as well(and I am a big FF and Capcom action game fan). But I'd NEVER even consider selling my GC.
Well I guess you could still buy GC games and play on your sister's GC, so it's not a total loss.  

Offline SilverBack1138

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2003, 08:05:52 PM »

Originally posted by: mojorizin
 SOCOM?  Sonny, as it looks like you already have a CPU, if online gaming is what you want, there's a helluva lot better out there than SOCOM.  As for the other two you are so proud of picking up, I can't think of many GC games whose jocks those games could hold.

Actually, SOCOM wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't a great game either.  It's still fun though.  There are better soldier games out there but most of them are on the PC.  Ghost Recon is awesome, but the console version sucked.

I really think that's too bad that he sold of his GCN.  It's a great system.  I also have a PS2 and I love it, but Nintendo is where my heart is.  I think that there's room for multiple platforms because each one doesn't cover all the different games out there.  The only one that I don't have is XBox, I almost got one until I realized that the library was way too limited.  Mech Assault and Crimson Sea were awesome, but the rest of the games suck.  As much as they brag about Half Life 2, Doom 3, Ghost Recon, Counterstrike and other games, some of these games have been on my PC for over a year.  Why get a system that has PC games when those games will be better on their native platform?  For every person that got rid of their GCN I hope you rethink it, because it's a great system that is getting even better.

Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2003, 09:14:29 PM »
It always upsets me when people buy a ps2 for those games.  I bought my ps2 for games like FF, Ico, DDR, kingdom hearts, etc.  Those games are worth it.  They are actually original things (or sequels to original things =P).  Not just mind numbing time killing things like gta...

ehh, i guess this is flamebait, but i don't care.    
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2003, 09:27:12 PM »
First of all I'm not really into PC gaming, I do not like sitting in my computer chair for 4-6 hours straight playing a game, I would much rather sit on my comfy couch in my room and play video games. Secondly, GC has no online plan, and I guarentee the cube does not go online. Thirdly, the games on the PS2 are far superior to the selection on the GC IMO. Its even backwards compatible so I can play FF7. The PS2 also has excellent wrestling games, sure GC will get that new Wrestlemania, well ok thats one game..wheres the others? Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker were cool until I beat them, now what? As far as this list goes...

Resident Evil 4(this game alone is worth keeping GC for me) - Tons of RE Games on PS2
Metroid Prime 2(same here) - Not a Metroid fan
Killer 7(I have a high expectation for this game) - Haven't played
Viewtiful Joe(LOVED playing the demo) - Haven't played
New Mario(another high expectation) - SMS gave me a huge disapointment so I'm not looking forward to any new Mario game unless its  a Super Mario Bros game.
New Zelda(with realistic 3d graphic it will be awesome) - I heard the next game will be following the Cel Shaded path, if its realistic 3d yeah that'll be cool, but I'll live.

Its not like I will be missing out on all the Nintendo action, I am going to pick up a Flame GBA SP. And IMO SOCOM is an excellent game. By far the best online game available for the 2 online systems. The PS2 has a better game in each genre and by far it blows some of Nintendo's games away. The 3rd party games for Nintendo are usually crappy half ass games that are just thrown to the side, and come out a few months late.  I just cant see where you can say GC has better games, PS2 has the GTA series, FF series, Tekken, Midnight Club Stree Racing1 & 2 (both excellent), Grand Turisimo, Socom, Everquest Online, Breath of Fire, Dark Cloud, Exellent Wrestling games,  Contra, Devil May Cry,  Dynasty Warriors,  Fatal Frame, The Getaway, Half-Life, Jak & Daxter,  Max Payne,  and I can name many more.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2003, 10:01:52 PM »
cant say i will miss you i still find it funny that you put the fact you think my room is crap in your sig, ahhwell, byebye now

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2003, 10:05:41 PM »
Bon Voyage!  

Speak for yourself.  Insulting others is a great way to get banned. - Jonny

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2003, 10:07:12 PM »
Woah! Look who's defending the PS2 now!
I bet before you were like: "Nintendo rules! NO one is better!"
Then a few weeks ago, you're like: "Each console has it's good games. Sony has heaps of games though."
And now your like: "Sony is teh bommb! I can name every single PStoo game in da maaaket! Nintendo is good for a couple of games, but dey suck ass compared to PStooo!"

Note the sarcasm.

"Eternal Darkness and Wind Waker were cool until I beat them, now what?"

Well, you could say the same about all the PS2 games you mentioned, except the level/stage games like racing (which there also happen to be on GC as well).

Once you turn into a Sony/M$ fanboy, you just name all the games to try and make a point. Why? We know it has heaps of games. Don't pin it on us just cause you're OPENLY praising the PS2 and knocking the GC.
I'm sorry, but any fanboy who says he likes Gamecubes, but PS2 is better is just asking for a beating.
I know for a fact that you're so comfortable with your PS2 cause now you are cool. You can bask in the fact that people are gonna pat you on the back and say "what took you so long bro?" There are so many games you named that were good, so go buy them. Now. Go on. I dare ya. But not using your parent's money. Your own. Now you see my point that some of us don't NEED so many games? I only have 6. I envy you if you're a rich bastard, but hey, that's the only way you're gonna get all those games (and if you have a job), but if you're not, it'll be a while before you own a library of games like that.

And what are you still doing here?

I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but the fact that you're still here talking about PS2 reminds me of Jirachi, who just kept talking about how good Xbox was. But he was banned. You're leaving voluntarily, so that saves all of us some trouble right there.

EDIT:
And PIAC's room is great the way it is. Show us you're room then Richie Rich.

Offline Cube323

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2003, 10:10:02 PM »
NintendoKid is a fool who probably never even owned a GameCube.  Don't waste your time with him.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2003, 10:13:03 PM »
Hmm, the fact that he said he gave his sister his GC and Animal Crossing wasn't an indication?

Offline Matrix

• View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2003, 11:11:31 PM »
Smells like flame bait to me. You pretty much knew what the response would be.

It's your Cube, though. You're free to do with what you want.

Though, I don't understand how people can't get good gaming experiances out of their cubes. I have a new game I'm drooling over every month.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2003, 11:13:54 PM »
Wow, NintendoKID

Did you really think this was a worthwhile topic? I mean, wow. You got rid of your GameCube and got a PlayStation 2. And? Did you want a pat on the back for trading in all that stuff? Enjoy your Midnight Club (Please don't tell me you got the original) and um, whatever.

Oh, and how the hell can you claim The Getaway is a great game? No. Just.... No.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2003, 11:21:10 PM »
the goal should be to have fun on all consoles, not lose one for another.. i sorely learnt that mistake... twice.. selling my snes to get an n64 was stupid! as was getting rid of my GBC and games for ehm... money to waste -___-

i want more consoles, more i say!

and nolongernintendokid is stinky

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2003, 12:04:48 AM »
actually Nintendo kid has made a few posts i beleive over the last few months...but why ever on his earth would he let us know he acted liek a complete idiot and sold his cube. It reminds me of this kid i once knew who was the little step brother of a freind i know. Anyways he sold his n64 and all hsi games and bought a playstation and tomb raider..he was caught jerking off to Lara croft.....

ps2 has good wrestling games HAHAHAHA. The last good wrestlign game to come out is Def Jam Wrestling and thats multi console. The smackdown series has always sucked...and i don't know wtf thq is thinking anymore. AKI games are great, and id rather play with cool well animated wrestlers then sick looking untalented wrestlers(not that they are the games just makes htem appear that way).  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Bye Bye Gamecube
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2003, 12:18:32 AM »
Don't give videogames to kids.

Badabing!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.