Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Shocktober 4: The Final Chapter

<< < (2/7) > >>

lolmonade:
Does Subnautica count?  Between running out of air, getting mauled by deep sea creatures, and just the quiet dread of the depths, man is it stressful.

Actual horror-wise? 

My podcast is going to do a retrospective on Telltale's The Walking Dead: Season 1, so that'll be fun. 

Signalis is on my radar, so I might pick that up and give it a go.

I've got the original Dead Space in my backlog, maybe will revert to that.

So i've got more ideas than time, but that's my shortlist.

RABicle:
I got scared and watched the cricket last night instead.

Khushrenada:
Online Communication For Wii U And 3DS To End In April 2024

Yikes!! Shocktober just got REAL! I wasn't prepared for this level of dread...

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: Khushrenada on October 05, 2023, 11:27:37 PM ---Online Communication For Wii U And 3DS To End In April 2024

Yikes!! Shocktober just got REAL! I wasn't prepared for this level of dread...

--- End quote ---
It really is the Final Chapter for the last generation's online access.  :o

Evan_B:
So, I finished Evil Tonight! Man, that was fun, in a spooky way. It understands the fundamentals of survival horror with its level design being focused on economy of space and claustrophobia, and it has a number of enemies that are extremely intimidating. The writing is also quite strong, in that the game mixes a decidedly 90’s aesthetic with some genuinely sad and unsettling content. I would hope to see more from the developer in this style, but it’s honestly so succinct and well-crafted I’m not sure how they could one-up it with a sequel. Maybe by including a map, but I kind of see how that was a stretch considering this insanely impressive product was entirely crafted in Game Maker(!!).

Looking back at the picks I posted earlier, I’m not really all that sure I want to delve into any of them. So instead, I’m delving into a zombie-themed game, Ender Lillies: Quietus of the Night. Love me a good Metroidvania.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version