Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1157229 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #4350 on: April 14, 2020, 04:20:25 PM »
Raimi more or less confirms involvement with Doctor Strange: MoM

https://www.superherohype.com/movies/480394-report-sam-raimi-may-have-confirmed-that-hes-joined-doctor-strange-2

Quote from: Raimi
“I loved Doctor Strange as a kid, but he was always after Spider-Man and Batman for me, he was probably at number five for me of great comic book characters,” Raimi described. “He was so original, but when we had that moment in Spider-Man 2 I had no idea that we would ever be making a Doctor Strange movie, so it was really funny to me that coincidentally that line was in the movie. I gotta say I wish we had the foresight to know that I was going to be involved in the project.”
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 01:22:04 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:06 AM »
Who's ready not only for the 7th Season of AoS!!! but also the Final Season of AoS :(

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Simu "Chang Chi" Liu talks about his AC: New Horizons obligations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3tbqEBbqzs

and in other news.....

She-Hulk is done in the writing room.
and Secret Avengers, Iron Heart, Young Avengers and Ghost Rider all in the works.

It's a damn shame Disney didn't do the MCU/Feige Marvel take over on the lead up to Endgame (instead of afterwards, as we all knew it needed to happen).
Could've been 12 months ahead on these projects and D+ making a killing, when it comes to my time spent, since I would've had all my MCU content being delivered during this time in Shelter in Place.

Everything they were working on now would've been in Post Production months ago, and probably ready for release now, and all upcoming projects would get more time to bake the scripts and get the castings/cameos/crossovers lined up.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Problem is if they moved all the D+ stuff forward it may very well cause timing/crossover issues. I am fully expecting to see some crossover between the fallout of Black Widow and Falcon and Winter Soldier. Moving all the D+ TV content forward would be a problem as they've timed it all out under the assumption most viewers would have seen and be aware of events already happened in other movies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It was so coincidental how events in the MCU could be related to real life stuff.

Kinda like the Snap causing 50% of life to disappear, and now Coronavirus keeping 50% of people at home. A very light correlation, but just using that to transition into this....

According to this link (https://t.co/HNcDzLG8Qz) Falcon & the Winter Soldier was gonna have a PANDEMIC Storyline that linked into Wandavision.....

now imagine if they had been 8-12 months ahead on these projects and started releasing some of these at launch or earlier this year....

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Was?  I hate when companies change story beats and plans because of the real world.  Like Lilo and Stitch is infinitely a worse product because suits got their hands on it.  And edited the original vision.  Then the sequel to the TMNT was written and directed to make all the fights more cartoony so children wouldn't imitate the violence.  And that 2nd movie SUCKS!!!  Just release the original vision.  We can handle a little does of reality in our fiction.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The article makes it sound like WandaVision is removing a reference to the pandemic storyline in post editing....

I’m delighted to bring some positive Disney Plus/Marvel news to you all today, I’ve heard through a trusted source that WandaVision has finished filming after all and possibly VFX on the series is done as well. All that’s left is the editing (barring any reshoots, of course). Previous information was that there was still a bit of filming left, signs indicating that it had to do with references and changes to The Falcon and the Winter Soldier pandemic storyline. But it sounds like it will be straightened out in editing, at least in WandaVision’s case.
[...]
There is also the matter of finishing up The Falcon and The Winter Soldier’s filming, 3 weeks at least, before WandaVision airs. The shows were originally scheduled in a certain order for a reason, and if WandaVision has things that spoil The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, even without the reference to the pandemic story line in it anymore, it is unlikely that WandaVision would be moved ahead of it unless there are major changes and reshoots to that show.

Doesn't make it clear if FatWS is removing that part of it's story as well.... I figure that could lead to major reshoots if a Pandemic was a major plot point being removed.

Although, I think if they do reference the Pandemic, it could make the show even more popular (even if it may be a little too soon and hard to watch for millions affected by and suffering loss from coronavirus) as it touches on real life as if the MCU is really happening in our world.

The "while we were all in Quarantine..... this is what was happening out in the world" approach.

but considering I haven't suffered any due harm from the ongoing pandemic, i may not be as sensitive to the topic as others may be.

So in short, Spak, I agree with you, but on the other hand, I understand why it could get removed.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Oh, I understand it.  I just hate it.  I wonder about classics that I love how much better they could have been if the original vision wasn't compromised.  But you know that is just life. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Thsi is a pretty dope edit.

For..... me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaWIBRvSWE8

I need some new MCU content in my life.... :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 04:42:47 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Agents of Shield is back if anyone still cares. Was enjoyable. Mac is really cheesing me off. Why did they make him Director again? Last season has been so long ago I had to rack my brain. Deak is cool, promoted from git. The suffering of Fritz Simmons continues unabated. Coulson is back to being cool. Premise for the season is intriguing.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Agents of Shield is back if anyone still cares. Was enjoyable. Mac is really cheesing me off. Why did they make him Director again? Last season has been so long ago I had to rack my brain. Deak is cool, promoted from git. The suffering of Fritz Simmons continues unabated. Coulson is back to being cool. Premise for the season is intriguing.

I'm glad its back, but they should really have dropped a "previously on" in the episode because after a year i've totally forgotten.

I like Mac. He is a bit steadfast compared to Coulson but then he also looks like he'll wreck everyone else with not much effort. Sad the show is ending but glad it got to end.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I don't know if it was mentioned, but this season is supposed to tie back into the MCU somehow. at least that's what i heard.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
I'm most pleased it's back though I was quite hesitant after the awful season 6.

I like Mac. He is a bit steadfast compared to Coulson but then he also looks like he'll wreck everyone else with not much effort. Sad the show is ending but glad it got to end.

As do I. I've always like Mac. He's just got some charm that I've always admired. And he's such an unreasonably large man. I've always thought he'd have made an excellent Luke Cage. Though I was disappointed that the weapon he was provided to fight the bots wasn't his shotgun axe. Haven't seen that for too long.

But yeah, solid start to the season. Already has me more interested than season five ever did. Also, I still hate Deke and want him to go away. Exasperated Fitz needs to make a return too.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but this season is supposed to tie back into the MCU somehow. at least that's what i heard.

Oh you better believe it does.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 04:43:27 PM by Shorty McNostril »

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
My problem with Mac is he isn't much of a leader. His lingering freak out over angles and demons last season really put me off. Like, how many years at SHIELD now? Steadfast wouldn't be the word I would use, obstinate with non-plans, events out running him, out played, getting undermined, usually by Daisy as the team does its thing. They know what to do, yet he tells them what to do like he doesn't trust them. Add on top he got the job because Daisy turned it down displaying of leadership that made her first choice. Coulson's return really put a nail into a coffin. Mac comes off like baggage with muscles stuck on an airport conveyor belt.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
AOS is the only show where i keep noticing them redressing the same sets.

In the first episode the kitchen for the restaurant was the same set as communal area for the Lighthouse and initially the SHIELD base. In the most recent episode the research facility was the same set as the battle arena on the lighthouse (i think?). The corridors have been redressed repeatedly to be all sorts of places.

It keeps the costs down, for sure, but i dont know how i keep noticing it with just AOS.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
They have redressed it so often it would be weird not to notice it's the same set. An entire season was a bottle show on that set.

The "Battle Arena" of two white boxes was on the space station thing that was somehow also the light house in the far future!? Ughh what a horrific season, literally better off if they didn't make it. They had staged play not TV money.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: August 28, 2020, 11:54:12 PM »
Yeah, this is terrible.

Colon cancer has a high survival rate. My uncle had it and survived. He smoked for years and as far as I know, he still smokes yet colon cancer was the cancer he got. It’s unpredictable.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: August 29, 2020, 12:22:19 AM »
He also played Jackie Robinson in his biopic 42, and today happened to be the day they observed Jackie Robinson Day in Major League Baseball. It's usually in April, but since the season was suspended at the time they moved it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: September 14, 2020, 12:38:47 PM »
Jonathan Majors of Lovecraft Country cast as
KANG THE CONQUEROR in Ant-Man 3

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonathan-majors-ant-man-3-marvel-universe-1203028234/

After a star-making turn in HBO’s hit series Lovecraft Country, Jonathan Majors is now ready to make his mark in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a big way. Majors has been tapped for one of the lead roles in the next Ant-Man movie opposite Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily. The studio had no comment, but sources close to the project say he is likely to play the super-villain Kang the Conquer.

Sources add that like with so many new characters in the MCU, there could be a twist with how the character is featured in future films, but as of now he is likely to be one of the main villains in the next installment in the franchise.

This could be the lead in to a Fantastic Four movie, and/or something to help setup Young Avengers as well.

The second Book of the MCU is gonna be wild. They have really big shoes to fill, so I hope they come it swinging with Black Widow and the D+ offerings.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 12:45:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4371 on: September 14, 2020, 02:06:43 PM »
Sounds like their going full on with the cosmic side, and I love it.  They're pretty well set up for it with Captain Marvel and Dr. Strange taking the reigns for hopefully a while and F4 waiting in the wings.  Speaking of them, Kang being heavily tied to the F4 makes me think we can see them in the MCU sooner than later.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4372 on: September 15, 2020, 12:16:12 AM »
I would have never guessed Kang the Conqueror would be used for Ant-Man 2.  Since Ant-Man is comedy, I wonder how they will change the character up?  I think Marvel was forced into a corner only being able to focus on Avengers in the MCU...but ultimately I think that is a good thing.  Avengers story arc is finished, but being able to bring in Fantastic 4, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, X-men...they can really focus on building the universe without having to ask questions about where is Iron Man, why didn't Captain America help?  And this is good...It also allows for us to see how the Avengers really inspired young heroes to step up.  It also could explain why these teams form that are not connected to any Governments and could lead to the persecution storylines that are so strong in them.  I think the of all the movies I would like to see right now the most would be a Doctor Strange and Fantastic 4 team up movie.  It has sorta been done with Tony and Doctor Strange, but the whole Magic vs. Science story arcs are interesting, and well with Doctor Doom being a Magic and Science wielder having a Doctor Strange team up could be fun.  I am also really sadden about Chadwick Boseman's death and that we will never get the original Black Panther trilogy that I am sure Marvel was planning, but it also means we can step back into that world and dig deeper.  I wouldn't mind a Shuri Black Panther movie.  I am sure some people will say, that gender swapping, but to me it would just be a cool story...you can even have a vengeance storyline...start the movie with the Death of Black Panther make it a mystery thriller with Shuri and Okoye being the main leads.  Tie it to the Winter Soldier and Falcon series with them appearing briefly in the movie. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: September 15, 2020, 11:59:33 PM »
Johnathan Majors is ripped AF. He doesn't need to get into shape to be in Marvel movies. Might probably be all CG though...
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post