Author Topic: I know why the banned user sings.  (Read 9488 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I know why the banned user sings.
« on: February 17, 2017, 01:45:30 AM »
Okay, I'm about to get really serious here, and I know it's the Funhouse, but honestly, I'm just scared and disappointed, but mostly, I'm just so angry that I needed to come out and say this somewhere. There's going to be some pretty raucous language here, so even though I find all of this hard to bear, I hope you'll stick through until the end.

There's relatively few things in this world that mean a great deal to me. Sure, my family will always be important, and getting a good education and entering into a career are long-term goals. I might even want to start a family of my own, someday. But sometimes, I go onto this fucking message board and I see the kind of absolute horse **** that makes me fear for my future children. I mean, there's a lot to be afraid of nowadays. Technology has given rise to an ever-present feeling of awareness, and that brings anxiety with it.

"But Evan," You smugly remark, sipping your weird 9-Volt Coffee Mug because he's such an important and relevant character in whatever bizarro universe you hail from, "You should just raise your children responsibly and gradually integrate technology in their lives. Allow them to enjoy the outdoors! Let them bask in the warm glow of ignorance."

Well that would be all fucking well-and-good if I hadn't already witnessed the sort of atrocities that are being shared in and around places like this. There's this creeping feeling that, someday, my children are going to be curiously browsing the web, or whatever virtual-reality PlayStation VR first-person hallway simulator they turn the internet into in the next 20-25 years, and they're going to stumble upon the kind of horrors I have already seen. I mean, look at me, am I perfect? Hell no, Pokepal tweeted my rant about Smash Bros. being a steaming pile of **** out to some twitter handle and my reputation pretty much crumbled to fucking dust after that. But I can at least manage, you know? At least I have a crappy webcomic I can fall back on to spout my opinions through.

No, I worry that they're going to come across the fucking alternative facts or whatever the hell you want to call what people post on this site and think that it's true. God forbid, they go out of their way to follow the advice of what some of you monsters claim. To be frank: I don't want to raise little Shulk and Rosalina and Luma B in a world where people actually have the gall to enjoy Paper fucking Mario Color Splash. And honestly, I don't get why you all just sit back in your preferred furnishings and LET PEOPLE POST ABOUT THAT KIND OF ****. Are you out of your damned minds? Have you seen the kinds of tripe people are spouting? "I actually enjoyed Sticker Star," and "You get to increase your paint bucket, so battles have a purpose!" You can't just SAY those things to someone who hasn't played them, you get it? You might be the tipping point! You might get them invested in something their heart isn't ready to handle! I try to keep myself as pure as I can these days, especially after having hit the Sticker Star sauce back in my college days, but the fact that you would willingly post positive impressions of something that I don't like, and will never like because I will never play it, it's just... gosh.

WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE ACCEPT THE LORD AND SAVIOR THOUSAND YEAR DOOR INTO YOUR HEART? And don't even get me started on that "Mario and Luigi is superior" bullshit. BOTH series have ARGUABLY ONLY HAD TWO GOOD ENTRIES, and I SURE AS HELL AIN'T TALKING ABOUT PARTNERS IN CRIME AND SUPER PAPER MARIO!

What's worse is this- I'm subjected to this hellish torment by the bumps. Mother of christmas, the fucking bumps. Reminding me that, yes, this dumpster fire of an "action adventure" game might just be your last Wii U purchase and, Miyamoto-willing, maybe even be considered the swan song of the console. It makes me physically ill. Not digitally ill, mind you, I'm not trying to amass a hard-drive of illnesses that I can't even transfer to the next console because WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY THESE DAYS?!

I'm sick of trying to be the last bastion of positive energy on a board that seems to be hell-bent on systematically breaking down my soul. I won't let you bump that damn thread with positive impressions ever again. You are mocking me. NEXT THING YOU KNOW, YOU'LL START POSTING NEGATIVE IMPRESSIONS OF MINISH CAP AND I'LL HAVE TO TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS.

If you ever, EVER think about liking something that I don't like because you've actually experienced it and I haven't ever again, I will wage a war of ****-posting on this site so terrible, so unspeakably vicious, it would make Lucario tremble in his kangaroo-loving apron, or whatever the hell he wears.

...Color Splash sucks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 12:30:34 AM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: I can no longer bear it. (A Rant)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 02:49:08 AM »
Awwww. But we were a team. Each building off the other's posts as we did our best to fight the negative impressions people were quickly forming about the game with our positive spin on it! What a great time to be a poster here. You've changed, man, you've changed.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 04:02:05 PM »
I was in high school when I saw Tub Girl, and Goatse.cx. Xbox wasn't out yet.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 04:07:29 PM »
Wait. You censor the word "****" but not ****? ?_?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 04:38:55 PM »
This is a good post. I like you.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 10:05:30 PM »
RL;DR
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 01:06:55 AM »
Apparently Shaymin liked the post so much he gave Evan_B a new title. You're very lucky!

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 01:09:53 AM »
You know, my stress levels were dropping after Lucario flubbed it in Safe Words, but this new mockery of all that I hold dear has pushed it to the next level.

I warned you.

I warned you all.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 01:10:42 AM »
Prepare yourselves.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 01:15:30 AM »
Prepare yourselves.

Wait just a moment....

(Khushrenada punches his moderator time card to sign out for the weekend leaving the moderating to Insanolord)

Ok. I'm all set! Do your thing!

(Khushrenada drives away from the forum at a very illegal amount of high speed)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »
Prepare yourselves.

Please don't double post so quickly.  :@

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 12:08:42 AM »
Oh God, you guys actually did it. Hang on.

*Grabs popcorn and 3D glasses*

I'm ready now!  :cool;
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 12:29:49 AM »
it's like therat without as much language
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Re: Evan_B's "Freeze Peach for Color Splash" Support Thread
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »
NEWS UPDATE: Sunday, February 19th
In yet another attempt to control the populace, the monsterators- sorry, moderators- have deleted another one of my topics in which I simply wished to channel discussion towards the greatest game ever. While this is disappointing, I can only wonder and dread when this blatant abuse of executive power will begin to extend its reach over other users, as well. Of course, my love for free speech and forum-wide liberty is only equal to the level of irritation caused by a recent title change.

That is to say, it will be immense.

Resist! Peace.

"If you're looking for a caper, play some Mario Paper. If you're looking for trash, play some Color Splash."
Evan_B

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 01:09:00 PM »
Keep the shitposting in the Funhouse where it belongs. Last warning.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 01:13:37 PM »
Considering his signature contains the message that some men just want their accounts deleted, he strikes me as a man with nothing to lose. I have a better suggestion. Since Shaymin proved my point that he can dish it out but not take it by immediately changing his custom title from the one I gave yesterday, it only seems right that I change Evan_B's title. Let's see if that has a better effect.

Since Evan_B is reminding me of Fawful's quote "I have fury" and doom seemed to work well for a title before let's see what happens when we avoid the Paper Mario series completely and try a Mario & Luigi quote on for size.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:17:16 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 01:56:51 PM »
Oh Khush. You darling boy! How did you know I also hate Mario and Luigi with a fiery passion?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 02:01:59 PM »
Where did Khush's huge explanation post go? I wanted to reread it due to the quality writing it contained. And I think he tried to blame me in part for this situation because I tried to convince him that Ducktales was a game worth getting.

(In my defense, I actually had no idea what thread that was, as I was just replying to threads where I had already posted, so forgot that thread was even about Best Paper Mario.)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »
UPDATE: February 19th
Hoping the last bastion of free speech might be found in the General discussion forum, I was once again thwarted by the moderators. Perhaps my brand of viligante justice is unfit for these times. The moderators are ruthless in their persecution, quickly stifling any sort of meaningful discussion I attempt to create. And yet, I cannot resign myself to the designated Color Splash thread. Not after Phil commited such bumping atrocities.

Maybe... it's not Paper Mario that is obsolete, but me...?

Resist! Peace.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »
Stratos, I managed to snap some screenshots of Khush's glorious transcription right before the moderators wiped it from existence. I'll throw them up later today.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 07:44:53 PM »
Where did Khush's huge explanation post go? I wanted to reread it due to the quality writing it contained. And I think he tried to blame me in part for this situation because I tried to convince him that Ducktales was a game worth getting.

(In my defense, I actually had no idea what thread that was, as I was just replying to threads where I had already posted, so forgot that thread was even about Best Paper Mario.)

It, and the whole thread it was in, was deleted by Shaymin. It's one of the most dangerous things I've noted about Shaymin. Allow me to elaborate.

A few months back as I was stickying random threads from the past to the top of the Funhouse, I came across one in which Shaymin had proposed doing a Jeopardy style game on the forums. Re-reading the thread, it looked like it could have been a fun idea but only a few people signed up for it and the game never happened fading away into the pit of past Funhouse threads. Thus, I stickied it because it was a neat reminder of something that could have been and to declare myself the winner of the game since I was one of the few willing to sign-up.

Well, for some reason, Shaymin didn't like this. I don't know why since he never said anything to me about it. Maybe he thought I was trying to make fun of him or something but that was not the case. I thought it was a great idea on his part. Anyways, about 10 minutes after I stickied the thread, Shaymin came along and unstickied it. Maybe he hoped it would drop to the bottom of the Funhouse from where I just pulled it up but that didn't happen because I had also posted in it after stickying it to declare myself the winner of the game. Since it stayed at the top of the Funhouse page, ShyGuy saw it and made a comment in it and there might have been another poster or two who said something also. Well, the next day, Shaymin must have come along and seen that the thread was still there at the top of the Funhouse so he moved it to the Recycle Bin of the forums where we send most spambot threads or a deleted post will go.

This action surprised me since I saw no reason to take that kind of action. I sent Shaymin a pm to ask why he thought he needed to remove the thread and to let him know that I did not bump it out of malice but legitimately liked the thread and idea. He never replied but he's never replied to any pm's I've sent him. The only time he did was when he made a title change on Lucario last year that I knew would probably cause an issue with Lucario being upset by it so I changed Lucario's title back to what it was and sent a pm to Shaymin to let him know why I did it and that I wasn't trying to keep him from changing titles on the forums. He just sent back "Whatever" as a reply and that's been about the majority of the communication I've had from Shaymin. It's similar to how I knew Evan_B's title change was going to lead to some problems. If the man was willing to make the rant you see in the OP just because the Color Splash topic got bumped up in the Console section then he's probably not going to react well to having his title mention the game. Since Shaymin didn't seem to appreciate my looking out for him before I let this title be to see what developed.

However, back to the story of the bumped Jeopardy thread and Shaymin's removal of it. I decided to let things be but apparently it wasn't enough for Shaymin. The next day, he then decided that the thread existing in the Recycle Bin was still too much so he permanently deleted it from the Recycle Bin and the forums. That thread is now gone from forum history. Why? I don't know. You'd have to ask him but Shaymin doesn't seem interested in explaining his actions. Now, one can say that it was his thread that he created and if he wanted to delete it then he could just like a user can go back and edit one of their posts or remove it. Of course, deleting a thread removes other peoples posts with it so I'm not sure it's fully comparable to just deleting one's own post but there's still that right of self-editing on these forums at play. I didn't bring it up with anyone at the time but the incident definitely changed my view of Shaymin. If he was willing to just permanently delete threads without a reason, he struck me as kind of dangerous. What else might he decide to just remove because he can?

Well, we now have the latest answer. Either two things happened. The first is that Shaymin came on and saw the new title he had and the updated title of Evan_B's thread and was unhappy with it so he just deleted the thread and changed his own title. Or he read my post and decided he didn't like my explanation of his title change on Evan_B causing this or the reason why I was changing his title as well and wanted to remove all trace of the message just like he had with the Jeopardy thread. In either case, unlike the Jeopardy thread which was his own creation, this is someone else's created thread which contained a couple worthwhile posts among Evan_B's crazed suggestions. He saw something he personally didn't like and took it upon himself to try and permanently remove the unliked thing. As such, it again puts Shaymin in a bad light. Even though the post might not be there, the actions he has taken still exist and other users are aware of them and the actions alone are probably worse than the post or thread that was removed.

Now, I've spent some time talking about Shaymin but, to be clear, Evan_B also wasn't in the right. I'm not sure what his intentions were or how to make that boy sane again. Maybe he wanted a title change or maybe he just wanted to get banned. He's got a 1 day ban which surprises me since he really persisted in making his Color Splash threads all over these forums and clearly was testing the patience of Shaymin. I'm just surprised that for someone willing to permanently delete threads on these forums why he'll go to that extreme but not another when it came to banning. I had hoped changing Evan_B's title would end the madness as I had surmised but it did not. So, guess we'll see what happens when he returns.

Likewise, there's nothing that says that Shaymin has to like me. Not liking me doesn't make him a bad person so don't think that is my intention of this post. Being aware of that is why I left him out of the Khushrenada Week events I had going on. I'm not looking to accidently annoy him further so I give him his space. It's my intention to try and have a positive relationship with everyone on this board. I know such a thing is impossible but, even in a case where the relationship might be strained, I'm not going to try and provoke anything in the hopes of at least keeping a peaceful cohabitation possible. My intention is simply to warn others that you may want to start backing up your data and posts on these boards, particularly if it relates to Shaymin as history has now shown, because you never know if someone might try to delete it on you. If you save it so that you can repost it then that method of removing it will no longer be effective and you win. Of course, you still have to follow the guidelines of proper forum posting but as long as you've done that then you'll be in the right to post what you want. It's what I've done with this post in case Shaymin decides to try and delete it as well.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2017, 01:04:55 AM »
It, and the whole thread it was in, was deleted by Shaymin. It's one of the most dangerous things I've noted about Shaymin. Allow me to elaborate.

A few months back as I was stickying random threads from the past to the top of the Funhouse, I came across one in which Shaymin had proposed doing a Jeopardy style game on the forums. Re-reading the thread, it looked like it could have been a fun idea but only a few people signed up for it and the game never happened fading away into the pit of past Funhouse threads. Thus, I stickied it because it was a neat reminder of something that could have been and to declare myself the winner of the game since I was one of the few willing to sign-up.

Well, for some reason, Shaymin didn't like this. I don't know why since he never said anything to me about it. Maybe he thought I was trying to make fun of him or something but that was not the case. I thought it was a great idea on his part. Anyways, about 10 minutes after I stickied the thread, Shaymin came along and unstickied it. Maybe he hoped it would drop to the bottom of the Funhouse from where I just pulled it up but that didn't happen because I had also posted in it after stickying it to declare myself the winner of the game. Since it stayed at the top of the Funhouse page, ShyGuy saw it and made a comment in it and there might have been another poster or two who said something also. Well, the next day, Shaymin must have come along and seen that the thread was still there at the top of the Funhouse so he moved it to the Recycle Bin of the forums where we send most spambot threads or a deleted post will go.

This action surprised me since I saw no reason to take that kind of action. I sent Shaymin a pm to ask why he thought he needed to remove the thread and to let him know that I did not bump it out of malice but legitimately liked the thread and idea. He never replied but he's never replied to any pm's I've sent him. The only time he did was when he made a title change on Lucario last year that I knew would probably cause an issue with Lucario being upset by it so I changed Lucario's title back to what it was and sent a pm to Shaymin to let him know why I did it and that I wasn't trying to keep him from changing titles on the forums. He just sent back "Whatever" as a reply and that's been about the majority of the communication I've had from Shaymin. It's similar to how I knew Evan_B's title change was going to lead to some problems. If the man was willing to make the rant you see in the OP just because the Color Splash topic got bumped up in the Console section then he's probably not going to react well to having his title mention the game. Since Shaymin didn't seem to appreciate my looking out for him before I let this title be to see what developed.

However, back to the story of the bumped Jeopardy thread and Shaymin's removal of it. I decided to let things be but apparently it wasn't enough for Shaymin. The next day, he then decided that the thread existing in the Recycle Bin was still too much so he permanently deleted it from the Recycle Bin and the forums. That thread is now gone from forum history. Why? I don't know. You'd have to ask him but Shaymin doesn't seem interested in explaining his actions. Now, one can say that it was his thread that he created and if he wanted to delete it then he could just like a user can go back and edit one of their posts or remove it. Of course, deleting a thread removes other peoples posts with it so I'm not sure it's fully comparable to just deleting one's own post but there's still that right of self-editing on these forums at play. I didn't bring it up with anyone at the time but the incident definitely changed my view of Shaymin. If he was willing to just permanently delete threads without a reason, he struck me as kind of dangerous. What else might he decide to just remove because he can?

Well, we now have the latest answer. Either two things happened. The first is that Shaymin came on and saw the new title he had and the updated title of Evan_B's thread and was unhappy with it so he just deleted the thread and changed his own title. Or he read my post and decided he didn't like my explanation of his title change on Evan_B causing this or the reason why I was changing his title as well and wanted to remove all trace of the message just like he had with the Jeopardy thread. In either case, unlike the Jeopardy thread which was his own creation, this is someone else's created thread which contained a couple worthwhile posts among Evan_B's crazed suggestions. He saw something he personally didn't like and took it upon himself to try and permanently remove the unliked thing. As such, it again puts Shaymin in a bad light. Even though the post might not be there, the actions he has taken still exist and other users are aware of them and the actions alone are probably worse than the post or thread that was removed.

Now, I've spent some time talking about Shaymin but, to be clear, Evan_B also wasn't in the right. I'm not sure what his intentions were or how to make that boy sane again. Maybe he wanted a title change or maybe he just wanted to get banned. He's got a 1 day ban which surprises me since he really persisted in making his Color Splash threads all over these forums and clearly was testing the patience of Shaymin. I'm just surprised that for someone willing to permanently delete threads on these forums why he'll go to that extreme but not another when it came to banning. I had hoped changing Evan_B's title would end the madness as I had surmised but it did not. So, guess we'll see what happens when he returns.

Likewise, there's nothing that says that Shaymin has to like me. Not liking me doesn't make him a bad person so don't think that is my intention of this post. Being aware of that is why I left him out of the Khushrenada Week events I had going on. I'm not looking to accidently annoy him further so I give him his space. It's my intention to try and have a positive relationship with everyone on this board. I know such a thing is impossible but, even in a case where the relationship might be strained, I'm not going to try and provoke anything in the hopes of at least keeping a peaceful cohabitation possible. My intention is simply to warn others that you may want to start backing up your data and posts on these boards, particularly if it relates to Shaymin as history has now shown, because you never know if someone might try to delete it on you. If you save it so that you can repost it then that method of removing it will no longer be effective and you win. Of course, you still have to follow the guidelines of proper forum posting but as long as you've done that then you'll be in the right to post what you want. It's what I've done with this post in case Shaymin decides to try and delete it as well.

aint nobody got time to read that
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2017, 01:25:12 AM »
Why can't we all get along?  :-\
It's not like we're rich in members, so we should appreciate the community we do have. Of course, if someone does something to intentionally irritate or break the forum rules, they should be dealt with, but what's with all the drama, mama?  :'(

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2017, 01:31:26 AM »
I say we should all form an angry mob and show this Shaymin fellow who's boss around here.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2017, 01:33:26 AM »
My mom doesn't allow me to play with fire anymore, so someone will have to hold my torch for me during said angry mob.  :'(