Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1195957 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3250 on: February 10, 2015, 04:02:33 PM »
I haven't seen BCS yet but that's sort of how these types of shows go.  They assume you've seen the other one initially.  They can always do catch-up episodes later if need be.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: February 12, 2015, 02:53:08 AM »
Person of Interest. One of the show's key strengths is the producers deliberate choice to have a binge of mythology and arc-heavy episodes Elias, Dominic, Samaritan, Root then just drop it all entirely and return to season 1 styled "case of the week" episodes while sprinkling a dash of the long arcs in between to suggest that it is all still going on.

They even went so far to say that while they were dealing with this "major issues" (the series arc episodes) several people was killed as a result of their inability to help. Fringe attempted this balancing act between "monster of the week" and mythology-heavy but POI has totally nailed the balance.

Plus it's always great to see Zoe again. Fusco dropping that line "you don't get to choose whether i help you or not" was so welcome - great to see him that way.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: February 12, 2015, 03:31:07 AM »
Gotham: So at the end of last weeks episode we see Fish attacked by pirates. She runs towards them, and then the episode cuts out, suggesting we're going to see this big battle this week.

NOPE!

Next shot of her is of Fish waking up in prison, no clue how she got there, followed by kissing up to the "man in charge" (who has the only knife) followed by her stabbing him with it. No idea how she got the knife in the first place.

I really am trying to like this show, but at this point in S1 it should have become less frenzied between serious, comic and camp and more knowing of what it wants to be by now.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: February 12, 2015, 05:25:17 AM »
Do you know what was really special about that last episode of POI? No one died on screen, no gunfire, no kneecaps claimed. It was a great come down episode and the attention to narrative detail is great.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:25:43 AM by oohhboy »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: February 12, 2015, 12:44:25 PM »
Last episode was cool, not mind-blowing or anything but it worked.

What bothered me the most was the English teacher using poor grammar. She said something like "....doesn't get helped" instead of "isn't helped". It threw me off for a few seconds, as I thought about her character and who wrote for her. Minor issue, but if she's an english teacher make her believable.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: February 13, 2015, 05:16:50 AM »
I think POI needed to do that, just slow the pace down just a bit because it would get exhausting otherwise. And the kneecaps are safe this week!

Arrow: This is the first time in maybe half a season that i've felt that the story has actually pushed forward properly. Amazing how Oliver told her and said simply "thank you!", even after finding out Roy, Diggle and Laurel was involved and was completely trusting of everything, yet threw all her angst at Merlyn instead.

Still not too pleased at how Diggle, the only one with military training and experience, is left in the arrow cave with FELICITY! so Laurel can get more experience. They're not even trying to explain it away either.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:22:42 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: February 13, 2015, 11:03:05 AM »
Because Diggle is a daddy now so they don't want him risking his life?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: February 13, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »
That was the conclusion I reached watching it. I laughed at first when Oliver needs someone else and he's got Diggle who's been with him since nearly the beginning and lots of experience or Laurel who, he's been criticising all season and he chooses Laurel. Thatsracist.jpg So, after I laugh and yell at my screen why wouldn't he take Diggle, I started thinking about why and then remembered in the first episode how he sat Diggle out because of family and figured it must still be because of that. It hasn't stopped Diggle from participating in some action since then like when they went to Corto Maltese or The Flash crossover but both those cases involved Argus so it is family matter and that seems to be the only excuse he gets to participate in the action. I chalk it up to the show just not explaining that well enough or the writers thinking they made the point clear and don't realize the audience is confused about it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: February 13, 2015, 11:55:06 AM »
They should fix that by having Diggle give Laurel some "field" training in the down-time.

Diggle needs some action. He serves almost no purpose at this point. Maybe have him testing new arrow heads and weapons tech for the team to take out on missions or something.

« Reply #3259 on: February 15, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »
I actually watched a part of the episode where his sister finds out the truth and was totally lame how she still had no idea after all this time and she acts surprised to learn all the men in her life are still keeping secrets from her despite her constantly saying how much she hates that. I didn't catch that much else of the episode but it was so bad I have no regrets walking away from this show.

Did anyone else watch Fresh off the boat? it airs while I am at work so I caught the pilot and thought it was alright. Not what I was expecting from the commercials but I liked it. Comedies are getting harder to find that I like.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: February 18, 2015, 03:33:11 AM »
Dat Flash ending. OMG

*spoilers*

"Dear God..."
Not God, GRODD."

And then a 1 month/4 week break.
The Flash won't be back till March 17

There was a lot of good in this episode. I feel bad for The Flash to shame Arrow so hard during it's rookie season.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 18, 2015, 02:06:50 PM »
Over The Garden Wall 10/10

I was gonna write a review, but just check out it's IMDB page. The reveiwers say it better. The whole season is up on cartoon networks site and can easily be enjoyed in one or two sittings.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 18, 2015, 03:44:39 PM »
At this point in the season, Gotham should have started to tie itself all together. Instead its several unrelated plots that MAYBE clash into each other.

And *please* get rid of Barbara. She comes home to find two kids in her house and she just starts talking "and who are you guys?" UGH.

This show has so much potential to be good and it just fails at every chance it gets.

The only thing it has got right consistently is some of the actors (penguin, fish when she's standing on the man as a podium), and the art style of gotham itself.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:48:04 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 18, 2015, 04:46:54 PM »
At this point in the season, Gotham should have started to tie itself all together. Instead its several unrelated plots that MAYBE clash into each other.

And *please* get rid of Barbara. She comes home to find two kids in her house and she just starts talking "and who are you guys?" UGH.

This show has so much potential to be good and it just fails at every chance it gets.

The only thing it has got right consistently is some of the actors (penguin, fish when she's standing on the man as a podium), and the art style of gotham itself.

Gotham is entertainingly bad though. It's cheese filled with more cheese, and once in a while you get a solid and almost crunchy bite of breaded and meat.

Barbara needs to go though for real. The show was so much better when she wasn't around. And Morena Baccarin is SO DAMN CUTE. Long hair (firefly) Short hair (V) and somewhere in between (Homeland & Gotham), it all works on her. she just does it for me. Barbara is a major downgrade in both looks and character.
Barbara is such a pathetic character, that upon finding 2 dirty street rats squatting in her penthouse, she decided to hang out with them, take Man advice from them and then proceed to do a fashion show for them thinking that they would know better how to seduce her ex-bf better than she would (and they were right, but that's besides the point). It only gets worse when she got "Radioactive'd" in the GCPD locker room. I can only imagine how much lower Barbara can go as character.

still so much better than S3 of Arrow so far though.
(I think I've expressed enough thought on that show so far)

but honestly, The Flash is currently shaming all airing comicbook shows atm.
Explaining the the different effects that time travel might have by referencing movies that used time travel differently, just saved them 5 minutes of audience losing science jargon, and instead created an instant understanding as to what they were talking about. Very smart.

Cisco with the commentary "Dude, that was like week 3....."

the pace of the show and direction they are taking, is definitely setting up The Flash to be the S1 comic show to beat so far. [edit: Can I also just add that the special FX have been surprisingly good for the most part considering the channel and the suspected budget of the show. very impressive. most other shows should be embarrassed after seeing what the CW is able to accomplish with such a small budget.]

Agent Carter has also gotten more interesting in the last 3 episodes as well. Last episode was pretty good, and next episode should be the best yet. Ratings have also taken an uptick, mostly in post live viewings, but a 2nd season isn't a certain thing, so fingers crossed. Dottie (aka Black Widow) descending the stairs was pretty awesome, and the Carter dropping the truth on the "good 'ol boys" club of agents to their disbelief was pretty good as well. Still wondering how this all wraps into the One-Shot as the finale, but my guess is it won't be as clean cut as that. The One-shot being more of a summary of events in 10 minutes vs an accurate conclusion to the current depiction of events.

Constantine is done. I doubt there will be a 2nd season, and it just started to get kinda interesting in the last few eps, but I'm not invested in the show whatsoever, so I won't say that I'll miss it if it gone, not even sure I would continue to watch it should it come back. I was really hoping it would take the place of Supernatural in that type of show slot for me, but it won't.

and Agents of SHIELD returns in 2 weeks, so I also look forward to that. The Flash being on break for the 1st 3 weeks of it's return might help it get that #1 spot back, which should be pretty easy if the 2nd half is just as strong as the 1st. but The Flash has certainly tightened whatever gap there was between 1st and 2nd place on my list.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:37:30 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

« Reply #3264 on: February 19, 2015, 12:42:10 AM »
I am so sad Gotham has started to fall so soon, I loved it at first but these last two or three episodes were just not cutting it. I still love the Penguin and I think they are betting on Red Hood getting people excited again but I wish they would get Barbara and Fish both off the show.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: February 19, 2015, 03:14:41 AM »
Agent Carter: I'm glad i stuck with this show. Hayley Atwell (Carter) is a joy to watch and thoroughly entertaining. She's far more commanding on screen than her male counterparts (even against her superiors).

Person of Interest: I thought this was going to be a simple one-off, but very rapidly it evolved into Samaritan using emotional manipulation via siri with the idea of creating a ready market for Fetch and Retrieve for profit?

At this point, Samaritan alone could probably defeat both SHIELD and Hydra with ease. Can we just merge POI into the Marvel universe?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 19, 2015, 06:33:40 AM »
Samaritan is the Insight Program!?

Samaritan is Hydra!?

Or even worse, Samaritan is Ultron....
= Earth is Fucked.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 19, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »
The Flash: This series is really REALLY good. This show knows its place as being leaning more heavily towards the cheese, but it is glorious.

Or even worse, Samaritan is Ultron....
= Earth is Fucked.

If Ultron was the analogue interface to Samaritan, then everyone is totally fucked.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 04:59:07 PM by Plugabugz »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: February 20, 2015, 01:00:27 AM »
Fish had a perfect moment to exit the series for a while and return either in the finale or next season. She can be an interesting character at times but she can overstay her welcome. I agree Barbara needs to go. Fast.

Pity some of these shows are starting to falter. I had a lot of hopes for them. At least some of them are turning out to be real gems.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 20, 2015, 01:56:13 AM »
Fish had a perfect moment to exit the series for a while and return either in the finale or next season. She can be an interesting character at times but she can overstay her welcome. I agree Barbara needs to go. Fast.

Pity some of these shows are starting to falter. I had a lot of hopes for them. At least some of them are turning out to be real gems.
I like Fish, I really do.

But Barbara.... I'm predicting that she continues to sink to new lows. She will become attached to the gutter kids, probably becoming more of a Den Mother to them. She may eventually be forced to move out of her penthouse apartment, and down into the gutter with her new street trash family.
I wouldn't be surprised if she started to organize them into an underground thieving sewer militia of sorts, which leads to Jim finding her at an all time new low.
Turns out she went crazy in the sewers and she gets committed to Arkham Asylum, where we don't hear much from her again. Jim lives on happily ever after with Morena Baccarin <3 Dr. Thompkins...

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: February 24, 2015, 02:49:11 AM »
To take the sting out of reading the dark, tragic classic novel "Frankenstein" I decided to watch The Munsters. I caught it a little bit on Nick at Nite but I appreciate it a lot more now. Herman's monster-y mannerisms and hulking gait are fun to watch. A good show if you're staying "up late".
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: February 24, 2015, 02:53:31 AM »
To take the sting out of reading the dark, tragic classic novel "Frankenstein" I decided to watch The Munsters. I caught it a little bit on Nick at Nite but I appreciate it a lot more now. Herman's monster-y mannerisms and hulking gait are fun to watch. A good show if you're staying "up late".

speaking of The Munsters, now I really wish NBC had picked up that Mockingbird Lane pilot that aired as a holiday special a few years back. I thought it had potential, unfortunately it wasn't given much of a chance.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 24, 2015, 08:54:29 AM »
Better Call Saul is still good, but not great.  Worth watching in terms of enjoyable television, but Saul is the only interesting character worth watching at this point other than the callback characters from Breaking Bad.  Really feel like all the "new" characters for this show are fairly lifeless & severely lacking character, although maybe i'm expecting too much from a show that's what, 4 episodes in?

I'm definitely keeping up with it though.  I think Bob Odenkirk does a spectacular job, it's just that he's the only reason to watch it so far.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:36:22 AM by lolmonade »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: February 24, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
That guy was fantastic as the "Michael Scott" clone on that one ep of The Office.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: February 24, 2015, 04:49:26 PM »
Gotham: Fish did WHAT?

I'm on the edge of dropping this show entirely. I like Jada but Fish has no reason to be in this show, and Barbara is just edging on creepy to extremes now.