Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1196187 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3150 on: December 16, 2014, 09:24:38 AM »
In the end the Arrow fight was so jarring for BnM because Arrow had less gaffs than AoS or Flash in that area if I'm reading that right.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: December 16, 2014, 01:00:23 PM »
It's not really a comparison between shows. It's a comparison of previous fights in Arrow with the one against Ra's.
They were really out in the freezing cold, so I'm sure they wanted to do it as quickly as possible, but it was just a sub standard fight for even Arrow.

I'm sure they'll step it up in the 2nd half though.

« Reply #3152 on: December 16, 2014, 03:19:08 PM »
just finished season 2 of Arrow, losing interest in this show. I am beginning to think these types of shows really can't go past one season.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: December 16, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
2nd season was the best, but faltered in the final 3 episode finale. S3 hasn't really picked it back up yet either, but there are a few decent episodes, just nothing that even sniff's at S2 just yet though.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: December 18, 2014, 06:57:55 PM »
Haven't seen it posted but Marco Polo (netflix) is turning out to be one helluva show. I'm halfway through season 1 (ep 5 of 10) and it really is wonderful television.  The one thing that sticks out is just how stunning the show looks. It appears Netflix spared no expense in the production of this show. I already like it as much as GoT at the same point it  that season. Plus it has NAKED KUNG FU!

Highly recommended

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: December 18, 2014, 08:17:10 PM »
Gives extremely high hopes on Daredevil and the other 4 Marvel productions they are handling.

They are trying to challenge HBO when it comes to original content and quality after all. Gotta chase those Emmy's.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »
Right Now, I would put Netflix and HBO neck and neck. I hope we get away from throwing random T&A into a show just because they can...AND as I type this "that" Game of War commercial comes on the TV.
(...boy I bet her sweat taste like champagne, vanilla and freedom!)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: December 18, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »
I finished House of Cards a week or so ago. It's good though I find it difficult to follow most episodes' political stuff. I get the gist of Frank-needs-this-to-happen, but I don't understand a lot of the political maneuvering and specifically why Frank needs it to happen. I don't know what half the characters on the show do, what their titles are. It's strange how a character will show up in one episode, barely do anything, then be super-important a few episodes later. I suppose ultimately all you really need to know is by the end of season one Frank manipulated his way into the vice presidency and by the end of season two Frank manipulates his way into the presidency.

That said, I can see the show realistically going for at most two more seasons, including the upcoming season three in February. Frank has one year in his current role before the title of the show starts making sense. There are clear signs of Frank's apparently obvious downfall. Tom Hammerschmidt is still around and wasn't bullied like Janine. I have a feeling he's going to come back especially given the current status of Rachel Posner/Discount Eva Green. Liam McPoyle from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia may pose a problem. That scene of him in the car with Nathan Green (that really douchey looking FBI agent) later in the season was one of my favorites in the show for reasons that I don't feel like tagging for spoilers. Personally, Frank taunting Martin Spinella was probably my absolute favorite.

I find almost every storyline revolving around Claire Underwood to be particularly boring and terrible. She's like the Daenerys Targaryen of House of Cards, except Daenerys at least has an end game. Claire's subplots just seem like they're there because a few episodes needed more conflict to fill the time quota.

Zoe Barnes' death was the biggest surprise for me. At first, I totally thought it was going to happen given the setting then the conversation made it seem like it wasn't and then it actually happened. That part happened so fast I had to pause the show and collect myself. It did kick off one of the more interesting subplots of the show even if Lucas Goodman is one of the least interesting characters. Still, it seems like it's eventually branching off into two subplots: whatever Liam McPoyle is up to and whatever Tom Hammerschmidt is up to. If the latter finds Rachel Posner, I can definitely see the pieces falling into place as the show moves toward the finale. That isn't a spoiler since it didn't happen. I'm just speculating.

Anyway, I feel like the show relies on coincidence far too much. Any setbacks Frank encounters are minor and he typically just wins all the time (besides the catalyst for basically everything that happens being a massive political loss). Even Walter White, despite how smart and manipulative he was, hit a few snags. Frank, for example, embarrassed himself on national television, but that barely affected or changed anything. The show is seemingly setting him up for a major fall, but I keep thinking the writers won't go down that road because it's so obvious. What if Frank just wins and is never held accountable for all his crimes? That would certainly be shocking despite so far, two straight seasons of Frank just generally having an A+ time.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:27:28 AM by Adrock »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: December 19, 2014, 07:41:03 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about House of Cards. I need to finish that series before it all gets spoiled to me. I really enjoy all of the political intrigue.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #3159 on: December 20, 2014, 05:36:17 AM »
is Downton Abby worth watching? I been getting mixed reviews from it, I am not sure exactly what it is supposed to be but it apparently pretty popular. I don't even know where it airs or streams so it might not be something to check out but I keep getting it recommended to me.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: December 20, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
I just finished Green Lantern on Netflix.

At first, the animation style was off putting, but then the story was intetesting enough to get over it rather quickly.
Too bad there wasn't a second season, but I was wondering why at the very end, if Razer really wanted to find Aya why didn't he just go to the Pink Lanterns and have them being her to him, or at least open the portal to where she is at.... Or maybe that was his first stop. Who knows since Netflix doesn't have a second season for me to watch.

Next in my list is either Clone Wars or Avengers Assemble, and I know everyone will suggest Clone Wars over AA, but has anyone actually watched AA? Is it any good at all? Is there a better suggestion or there?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:10:23 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: December 20, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
There is no 2nd season and Razer wasn't exactly on friendly terms with the Pink Lanterns.

I hate to say it but I'm sure I watched Avenger Assemble at some point but, I don't remember.  Clone Wars is a lot like Starship Troopers.  Its a little slow that way.  I'm not saying its bad but its just a good watch not much more.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 11:01:36 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: December 22, 2014, 07:50:25 AM »
I recently started Avatar: The Last Airbender. The animation isn't great, but this is an American cartoon so unless it's something like The Simpsons or Futurama, that's expected. Still, the animation isn't terrible. The colors are perhaps too bright.

The show is surprisingly not awful. I had low expectations since it's a Nickelodeon cartoon (and I haven't liked one of those in quite some time). It does, at times, seem to really want to be anime, but it, thankfully, doesn't get too crazy with anime-faces that I find overdone in actual anime.

The story is interesting enough to keep me watching. My brother said it doesn't get good until the middle of the first season which is where I am right now. He also said that I don't need to watch it to start The Legend of Korra, but I'd rather watch them in order and I don't believe it's on Amazon Prime anyway. I did pretty much figure out who Korra is after the third or fourth episode. Aang, Katara, and Sokka were looking at Avatar statues and saying how the Avatar is reborn in a different tribe on a cycle. I've only seen Korra wearing blue so that seemed pretty obvious. I don't think I'm the world's greatest detective for figuring that out. However, it's becoming pretty clear that, despite my best efforts, I might have some trouble avoiding things like that. I may have clicked the Korra thread a few times, but I've been avoiding it like the plague for a while now. Korra being the next Avatar is the only thing I current know about the follow-up show which I don't consider to be that major of a spoiler. In any case, my brother said the first season of The Legend of Korra is not very good and the second season is okay, but seasons three and four are excellent. At the rate I'm going, I should be finished Avatar: The Last Airbender around the first week of the new year.

I'd like to get a little further in Avatar: The Last Airbender before discussing plot and whatnot. However, I will say that the writers do a good job of addressing questions while not feeling obligated to divulge too much too soon such as Prince Zuko's scar. I like that they're letting the story play out naturally.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3163 on: December 22, 2014, 08:21:14 AM »
Watching Avatar will give you no clues who Korra is...not really. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »
I just explained that it did. My guess has already been verified.

Knowing who Korra is isn't that important since I'm still not aware of what she does and what happens. It has been a bit difficult to avoid spoilers lately on the Internet because some articles have flat-out mentioned major spoilers in the article title/description. I saw one where the name of who Korra fights at the end was right in the description. I don't remember who that was thankfully. Waiting so long to start shows certainly has some major disadvantages.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:57:28 AM by Adrock »

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: December 22, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
The animation isn't great,

That's really funny. I almost thought you were being serious.

Let's hope you don't let what your brother had said ruin your enjoyment of Korra. If you don't look at it in the shadow of what came before it (A:tLA) then it's an amazing show worth your time.

All you need to know is that unlike Avatar (it was planned from the beginning to be a 3 season, 61 episode show), Korra was planned to be a 12 episode mini-series. Then after it was written and storyboarded, Nick increased it to a second season with 14 episodes. Then after THAT was written and storyboarded, they increased the episode count to another two seasons, each 13 episodes long. Then Nick decided to cut their budget for the last and final season. Just keep that in mind watching the show. It really is a fantastic sequel to what I consider to be the best animated American TV show of the last 30 years.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: December 22, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »
Ehh, the animation is okay. Maybe it gets better in later seasons. I'm on episode 13 or 14 of the first season and it's nothing to write home about. It's middle of the pack, not the best but far from the worst.

I plan on watching The Legend of Korra because it's there and my life is a big time waster. I've also heard good things about it. My brother has been trying to get me to watch at least The Legend of Korra so if anything, he's encouraged me to watch it. I asked him which he preferred, Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra, and he said collectively the latter is the better of the two based almost entirely on the last two seasons so they left quite an impression. Even with an apparently mediocre start, he still gave it the edge though he said he hasn't seen Avatar in a while. He lauded the story and the fighting in The Legend of Korra. I didn't ask him about the ending. Despite my attempts to avoid discussion of the ending, I've seen mostly polarizing views. I was lucky enough not to read spoilers, but from what I've read, people either loved it or hated it. Still, it was only a small sample size. I'll get there soon enough and post my thoughts in your thread.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 01, 2015, 01:06:40 AM »
StarWars Rebels.

Barf mostly. Comprised of a bunch of SW tropes thrown on to a wall to see what sticks in a prequel like kid friendly package. It is horribly inconstant internally because of it. Also why have a fucking kid, kids, even teenagers ruin shows and he is a fucking Gary Sue. Uninspired CGI animation. Had a couple smirk worthy jokes. LOL at Agent Mutton Chops.

Avoiding like Ebola.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 01, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
I'm hoping that Rebels grows into something better as the series goes on. Clone Wars got better as it went on so there is hope. It just needs to find it's footing. Though I think Ahsohka Tano should be a lead role to better connect the shows.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 01, 2015, 02:57:08 PM »
Clone Wars got better as it went on so there is hope.
I can't say about later seasons, but first two were pretty underwhelming and complete disservice to original Clone Wars series by Tartakovsky which was my favourite SW-related thing (outside of Jedi Academy games).

On Rebels -- i am not surprised that it's bad. Greg Weisman lost his marbles after his last good show (Spectacular-Spider-Man). It broke my heart seeing him turn to ****.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: January 01, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
Terrible Opinions all around I see.

3D clone Wars > 2D Clone Wars

Rebels is
StarWars Rebels.

Barf mostly. Comprised of a bunch of SW tropes thrown on to a wall to see what sticks in a prequel like kid friendly package. It is horribly inconstant internally because of it. Also why have a fucking kid, kids, even teenagers ruin shows and he is a fucking Gary Sue. Uninspired CGI animation. Had a couple smirk worthy jokes. LOL at Agent Mutton Chops.

Avoiding like Ebola.

Well Ezra is set to be the same age as luke once the timeline gets too ANH, also its a kids show and like Clone Wars with Asoka writers feel that the viewers need a POV character to help them along. Ezra is essentially that character, and for all the bitching about him, do none of you remember how insufferable Luke was in the first star wars film.

Now the CG overall is pretty terrible overall especially the way they use the same character models for big set pieces. There's a scene in empire day where you see the same 3D models right next to one another.

The newest episode Path of the Jedi was pretty good even if it plays into how big of a Mary Sue Ezra is.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 01, 2015, 05:12:08 PM »
Luke might have been a bit bitchy but they didn't give him "Character" by giving him an energy sling shot that does more damage than a fucking blaster or do super human feats 5 minutes into the show or has his own space needle full of adventures he already had. Luke aside from one character trait which he loses has nothing in common. Ezra is infinitely more punchable. Sure Luke blows up the Death Star, but he grew as a person first and by the end of the movie he was almost a different person who seen some serious ****. As ANH moves on the need for a audience surrogate disappears. ESB and ROTJ doesn't even have one. The obsessive need for a audience surrogate kills shows as they make the mistake of trying to relate the audience with someone so inherently unlikeable and/or badly written Gary Sues and not trusting the audience to make do without one.

It didn't help that any sort of tension they were going for gets tossed time and again with people standing out in the open during gunfights or having long chats while getting shot at near point blank range or having the Empire so staggeringly incompetent has to be almost a Loony Tunes cartoon. Agent Mutton Chops is so terrible in fact he doesn't seem much more than a lead in for more obviously "Villainous" looking characters.

Also **** force users, they ruin stories with Dragon Ball power escalation disease.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 04, 2015, 12:05:03 AM »
So... Over the Garden Wall.

This was apparently a 10-part, 15 minute (11 after commercials), series on Cartoon Network during the time when DISH was in dispute with Turner, cutting me off from them.

They ran the entire series today (and are re-running it tomorrow).  It's nothing ground breaking or genre defining by any means, but it's a pretty fun story.  I'd throw money at them to release it on home video.

Set your DVRs to watch it tomorrow.  Cutting out the commercials, you're looking at about two hours, a good movie time. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: January 04, 2015, 12:08:55 AM »
The X-Files Season One Episode One - I just started a two month trial on Hulu Plus and decided to go back and re-watch the entire series (not sure when I stopped watching), as well as the two movies (first one after season five, second one after the series ends) since I've never seen those. Awesome pilot for any series to start off with, this was my favorite show back in the day.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3174 on: January 04, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »
Wrestle Kingdom 9 - Totally worth the $40 I paid for English commentary (Matt Striker and Good Ol' Jim Ross BAI GAWD). Opener was a spotfest, the other title manages had me freaking out for the punishment these guys were taking, and the semi-main is the best match I've seen for an Intercontinental championship since Savage/Steamboat. Only complaint is some of the booking - I really wanted the young gun Okada to win in the main event - but the storylines out of it have me intrigued.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.