Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 215565 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: Brotherhood of the traveling furniture.
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »
Sure, sounds good. See you then.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:19 PM »
by the way, what are your turnip prices at?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:48 PM »
Things didn't work out the way I had hoped last night. I should be free tonight after work though.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2013, 02:24:37 PM »
Unfortunately, I won't be. Weekend looks like the best bet again for me.

That said, I'd like to try something out this weekend. I've done a bit of time travelling this weekend and gotten ahead in the week. Currently it is Nov. 1 and 2:30 pm at my town. However, I've also got turnip prices at 406 bells a piece. I've racked up some good coinage from this but I'd like to try and take advantage of it further. What I'd like to try is for one of you, either Mop it up or yourself to work ahead a bit or keep up to Sunday. Meanwhile, I'm going to leave this game alone and not touch it until you are ready thereby keeping the town fozen at this 2:30 pm time and turnip price. Once you are ready for Sunday morning, have your time set for 6:00 am when Joan is supposed to show up and open your gates. I'll come over buy some turnips and take them to my town. If the turnips don't wilt and I can still sell them for 406 a pop, then I'd like to do a bunch of turnip runs back and forth. Filling up my locker in your town, coming to mine and selling. Whoever wants to help me on this is welcome to also take advantage of my fortuitius turnip prices and rack in some good dough. In fact, by giving you this advance warning, if you don't have a lot of bells, this will give you the chance to save up for this weekend and buy a bunch of turnips also.

Joan sells turnips from 6:00 am - noon. Re-tail is open until at least 10:30 I think so we have a large time window to take advantage of this. Even if turnips are sold at 115 bells, that is 291 bell profit per turnip. If you free up the entire space in your locker, the maximum you can store there would be 18,000 turnips. 18,000 turnips at a sell price of 291 per turnip is a sale total of 5,238,000. Subtract from that an estimated cost of 2,070,000 for buying the turnips, that gives you a gain of 3,168,000. Every trip back and forth between our towns would be worth that much. Let's say we can only make two trips per hour to buy and sell and we do this for three hours. That's 19,008,000 bells we could make. Of course, if you make a day out of it and do the full 6 hours, you should be able to double that to 38,016,000 and money will never be a problem again in the game. This is all based on turnips selling at their highest cost and not including the fact that one can also load up their pockets in addition to their locker each trip.

Still it all depends on whether we can actually buy turnips in one town and take them back in time to another town to sell. If that can't happen, then this pipe dream goes down in flames. The only other option would be someone being able to go backwards in time to Sunday Oct. 27 and buying the turnips then. You can time travel forward with them no problem but you can't go back without them spoiling.

Who wants to try?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »
Sorry it's been a bit, had some site troubles.

First, a couple of things, just to make sure you know. If you have a disconnect, then for some reason it turns off your friend messaging, so you'll have to go and turn it back on. Secondly, when someone on your Best Friends list comes online, it will automatically send you a message with their name saying "I'm online!"

Anyways, tomorrow is Sunday. If you can wait until then, I'd be willing to try out your little trick. I don't want to mess with time traveling in case it'd mess anything up, but my town is permanently set six hours behind because I typically can only play at night. So, if you can be available sometime between 12 and 6PM, then we can give it a try.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 07:50:57 PM »
Yes, I've had the online message show up when people on the best friend list are on. At the same time, I haven't been active since Wednesday in order to preserve the time I've got these high turnip prices. But I'll double check if friend messaging is on, next time I turn it on.

Tomorrow afternoon would work for me if you want to try this out. Really, from 12 and on, I would be available so let me know what works for you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 08:43:17 PM »
Sunday will hopefully work out good for me. I'm running on fumes and I have to set up a freezer I bought on craigslist. We are getting a whole half of a cow to put in the freezer so all that will be taking up my time. But with the time change I'll be refreshed tomorrow with an extra hour of sleep!
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
I'm going to be around for the next hour or two, come visit when you're ready, Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2013, 02:25:19 PM »
I'll be online in about 15 minutes. Just got home and want to have something to eat.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
I'm sorry I didn't have more time for us to go back and forth, it sure took longer than I thought it would to do this stuff. It doesn't help that the interface is kinda slow. I mean, why isn't there a "select all" option for when you're selling and storing stuff? That alone would speed things up significantly! An ATM in the store wouldn't hurt either...

Anyways, how much did you end up making today?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2013, 12:52:47 AM »
Well, I was able to get just over 3 and half loads of turnips. Not really sure what the total amount is but, I started out with a think around the 14 million mark in bells and my total in the bank is over 36 million so that's about 22 million bells I was able to cash in on. Not bad. I was hoping to get to the 50 million mark but considering that 2 weeks ago I only had 1.1 million bells in my bank, I'm quite happy with where I'm at. People say the island has negated the stalk market but I think it is the way to go.

By the way, I've got Katie in my town and need to take her somewhere else. Anyone want to open their gates for her?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 03:08:38 PM »
Sunday will hopefully work out good for me. I'm running on fumes and I have to set up a freezer I bought on craigslist. We are getting a whole half of a cow to put in the freezer so all that will be taking up my time. But with the time change I'll be refreshed tomorrow with an extra hour of sleep!

So, meat boy (I love the story of your last post), think you can take a few minutes to stop playing Pokemon X (I see you online) and stop by my town to pick up my latest stockpile of items and take yours home? Shouldn't be more than 10 minutes at most.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »
That actually wasn't me. My wife took the 3DS. I'm trying to convince her to get her own because she's started playing it a lot more. Either she is on the one computer so I cannot post, or she takes the 3DS so I cannot play. It is kind of a good conundrum to be having but still a conundrum.

And now you want to compare me to Super Meat Boy? I'll take that nickname ;)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 06:31:22 PM »
Holy cow!

Anyways, we kind of cheated the turnip system so it isn't really fair to say that it's the best. :P Normally, the island is the fastest way to make money... but it is also the most time-consuming. Playing the stalk market typically uses less time, at least, if we did it properly. Then there's also perfect fruit, which is another nice way to make money that requires little effort.

Really, there are lots of ways to make money, and none of them "negate" another. It's best to participate in them all to make the most dough, and how fast you want to make it depends on how much time you want to devote. It brings me back to, "There's no wrong way to play Animal Crossing."

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 06:48:13 PM »
Well, take away the trading I did with you and I still went from 1.1 million to 14 million bells in 2 weeks. It's a shame you have to go through so many screens of selecting turnips or moving turnips as buying in bulk is the way to go. I just needed the cash to do so and now that I have it, it's even easier to make a profit on turnips. From my time testing the market, it seems that at some point, there is a sell price of at least 50 bell gain. Thus, I can make 50% of what ever I put in. Now, if I put in 30 million, I should be able to sell at that gain and get 15 million profit. And so on and so on. It's just the matter of buying and storing over and over that will be tedious.

Basically, I've always gone by the rule that if a game allows something, it's a legal move. So, since we were allowed to trade turnips like that, I consider a legitmate facet of the game. I agree, there's no wrong way to play because it is also up to the player to decide what their objective is or what they want to get out of the experience. That's what gives it such an interesting dichotomy where you have sort of acheivements or goals to meet and yet none of them really matter or are that important. You can spend so much time in one area and yet still have vast amounts to do in others as though you haven't taken accomplished a thing yet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »
Congrats on the haul of bells!

I've been slowly gaining by placing half of what I make into savings. I had hoped to reach a point where the interest of bells was enough to take out and 'live on' in-game. Maybe I'll try my hand this week if I have time. It is frustrating that I am without wifi for the 3DS on the weekends until after 7pm.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:26 PM »
Basically, I've always gone by the rule that if a game allows something, it's a legal move.
In general I agree with this, but time travel is a little different. I don't think it's something the developers intended people to be able to do or want them to do, the problem is that there's no way to prevent it. Even if they removed the in-game option to change the clock, it could still be done on the system level, and there's nothing they can do to stop that. They could make greater punishments for changing the time, but then that would harm people who use the time option simply to adjust for their lack of ability to play at certain times... like myself.

I guess I don't consider it cheating since I was your accomplice, but I would understand anyone's perspective who does think it's cheating and doesn't participate in it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »
So, did you want to meet tomorrow or Sunday? I forgot about the game on Monday and Tuesday but I've been buying stuff since then. We could also try some island games or something like that if you wanted.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
Sunday would probably be best. I've fallen behind in my game. First to sell turnips and then I had Katie show up and finally arranged with someone else to trade off Katie with her so we can ship here back and forth and get the items she gives it. As such, I want to try and catch up. I'm about 5 days behind current date. Doing so will give me more furniture.

Although if Stratos can show up one day and grab the stuff you've already touched, it would really help in my getting my town less cluttered also. I've got about 12 new items for you Mop but will have much more if I catch up.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2013, 09:53:15 PM »
Hopefully work tomorrow will be slow and I can catch up in AC. I'm still on Halloween day in the game.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2013, 11:22:12 PM »
Really? Can you get me some items? I had them but had left them in the town square for you to pick up and add to the catalogue if you wanted. But then Katerina appeared and her tent covered some of them and they disappeared when she left.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2013, 10:25:32 AM »
That can happen? I figured they would save the items. That's a bummer.

I can come by tonight. Unfortunately I cannot connect to the wifi at work with my 3DS. The system cannot view the login page for the wifi.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
If you have already built a police station, then the items will end up there at the lost and found. If you have not built one yet, then the items are gone. The game actually attempts to move those items one space over, but if that space is also occupied by an item, then the items will disappear instead.

In City Folk one of the gatekeepers would have the items that were in a space where something was just built, so I have no idea why they made this feature something you have to build instead of being there from the start. Same with the recycle bin.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »
That is my last major building and no one seems to feel the need for it. Should I start harassing the townsfolk to make them feel the need to be 'protected'?
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »
That is my last major building and no one seems to feel the need for it. Should I start harassing the townsfolk to make them feel the need to be 'protected'?
-insert political joke here-