Author Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising League!?  (Read 6682 times)

Offline pandaradox

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Kid Icarus: Uprising League!?
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »
Ok, so I'd like to start a League for the game.  That way, everyone can grow together and maybe learn some new things in the process.  It'll probably follow the format Neal introduced for the tournament.  Every week, teams will have a league match to perform in and we'll track stats and whatnot.  It can be individual or team based or both.  We can do basic 1v1 or Light vs. Dark and introduce point caps and themed months (i.e. Club week or... *snickers* Palm Sunday) and really take this game for it's full potential. 

SO... this thread is to start throwing ideas around.  What did you like with the tournament and what improvements can we do?  Please keep the suggestions fairly legitimate as I'd like to get this league going sooner than later. 

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising League!?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
After some of the debacle-like stuff and the realization of how much of a commitment running such a league would involve, I know I don't want much of a part in organizing this.

However, I am in full support of this, and would be willing to help out in any way I can, as long as it doesn't involve a large time commitment from me.

Basically, I'll totally keep stuff updated on NWR or something, and I can also be some sort of administrator who is a non-involved third party for rule disputes.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NachoCrunk

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:52:04 PM »
How about a solo based Kid Icarus Community Game Night? Each week would bring a weapon set-up to help players. Providing with the weapons name, powers, and a short description of the tactic used.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »
I would be extremely open to you Kid Icarus pros sending that in to me to put up on the site.

It would be a great way to spread the word on the competitive aspect of the game. Reading the little I could about the matches in the tourney, I'm amazed by the variety of tactics.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline pandaradox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
That's great!  Nacho and I will start working on stuff. 

Offline iDraTion

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
I definitely think it should be team based.  That's where I think a lot of the strategy and fun of this game comes from.  1v1 would be good for improving mechanics and practice, but I don't think it should have a part in the league.

Offline pandaradox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 09:58:15 PM »
True, but it's easier to schedule 1v1 instead of LvD.  Still, I'll have brackets for both forms.  I'll have to write up posted on here soon. 

Offline pandaradox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
Kid Icarus League!

This League is hereby founded on sportsmanship and a desire to better your skills in Kid Icarus: Uprising.  As such, fairness and honesty are paramount.  There will be various red tape to go through as a precaution and to ensure a better, less dramatic, experience.

I’ll get this out of the way now by saying that any cheating or general dishonesty will not be tolerated.  Of course, all accusations will be backed by photos and transcripts of the event.  In order to head off most cheating, players will be assigned a 6 digit number that will be emailed out at the start of each season.  This is designed to prevent false identities as the ID numbers will be messaged to each contestant, providing a unique and traceable ID.  When results photos are sent, this ID must be sent with it to validate the results as coming from the player.  Match settings will be agreed upon and must be photographed by both players as the pre-game practice room as this will indicate the settings are locked in.  Lastly, Results screen must be photographed by both players such that the points and rank are visible.  Please hold on to photos so that you may contest issues if necessary. Photos will only be sent to me and assistants and will not be public, so possible tactics and weapons foreknowledge will be minimized. 

Note: Attached are examples of report pics required

Points and Ranking:

League seasons will probably last around two months though seasons can be longer if everyone agrees.   Rounds will last one week, allowing players to schedule their matches and report.  You’ll be awarded points scored in match plus 100 for the winner and 50 for the loser. Matchmaking will be decided by total points earned as the season progresses. 
Matches will consist of two matches with determined game settings (we'll discuss the details later).  Photographs must be submitted to validate points.  Again, ID numbers are required with the reports to prevent forgeries.

There will be two forms of the League: Light vs. Dark (LvD) and Player vs. Player (PvP).  A contestant may enter in both, but cannot double up in a form (i.e. you cannot be part of two different teams.).  Team leaders will be given the ID number and are expected to coordinate with their team to ensure that all players involved are their teammates.  It is recommended to use skype to simplify this. 

At the end of the season, points will be totaled and rankings will be posted accordingly. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:12:04 PM by pandaradox »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 10:51:44 PM »
I'am in if anyone's still doing it
Made you look ****.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 11:50:52 PM »
This whole league thing is too confusing.

I just want to play this amazing game, man.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks