NWR Interactive > NWR Feedback

New Forums

(1/5) > >>

PGC-Agent Cooper:
Remember this is still in BETA

We're getting errors and a few mishaps with the new forums and the new server.  Please be patient.  Moving to a new server always has its hiccups and crap like that.

Hope you all like the new home.

Please post any bugs or things that need to be fixed in here.  

baberg:
Damn, I just made a thread that explained my problems... here they are again:

- At the top of each page, above the PGC Forum logo, is some text that varies depending on where I am on the forum.  Looks like they're variables that the forum software is spitting out, things like date, page completion status, etc.  The main homepage (planetgamecube.com) is also displaying this text at the top, above the banner ad.

- Every once in a while, using my browser's back button, the page I return to is not rendered.  The HTML code is still there, but for some reason it's displaying it as plain text and not HTML.

- "New Messages" tags aren't refreshing correctly for me.  I go into a category or thread and several messages are marked as "new".  I exit the thread, reload the main page (or forum page) and they're still displayed as new.  This might not be a bug with the software, but just my problem dealing with this new UI.

I'm running IE 5.0 on Windows 2000.  My connection is from my PC, to a 100Mb hub, to a gateway running Windows 2000 Internet Connection Sharing, then out to the Internet over a 56k modem (yes, it's a bit of overkill).  Other webpages are rendering fine.  

RickPowers:

At the top of each page, above the PGC Forum logo, is some text that varies depending on where I am on the forum. Looks like they're variables that the forum software is spitting out, things like date, page completion status, etc. The main homepage (planetgamecube.com) is also displaying this text at the top, above the banner ad.
--- End quote ---

Fixed.  

Every once in a while, using my browser's back button, the page I return to is not rendered. The HTML code is still there, but for some reason it's displaying it as plain text and not HTML.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a problem with your browser.  There's nothing in the code that could keep it from displaying.  Regardless, there are breadcrumb links at the tops and bottoms of the pages you can use to navigate.  Perhaps avoiding the back button would help.

"New Messages" tags aren't refreshing correctly for me. I go into a category or thread and several messages are marked as "new". I exit the thread, reload the main page (or forum page) and they're still displayed as new. This might not be a bug with the software, but just my problem dealing with this new UI.
--- End quote ---

That's intentional.  New messages added when you refresh manually will still appear, but the ones there when you first log on do not.  Why?  Because we don't want you to miss which ones were new if you have to refresh due to a page that didn't finish loading or whatnot.  If you want to refresh the new messages, use the "Refresh" button at the top of the forum page.  

nitsu niflheim:
The biggest problem I had was that I could not log in.  That seems not to be an issue at the moment since I am here now.  I ran into the same problems baberg mentioned.

Also the forum news, I think, the first topic has only one post but before you go in says there are more.

I run both MSN Explorer through MSN 8 and IE 6.0 depending on what I am doing and got it on both, here at the forums and at planetgamecube.com.

At least it's nice to know it's not something I need to fix

Please disregard my email.

RickPowers:
MSN8 and IE6 both use the IE6 rendering engine, as do many other browser "replacements".  If you have problems in one, you'll have them in the others as well.  One thing to keep in mind is that you want to avoid blocking cookies from PlanetGameCube.com.  They aren't "evil" cookies, I promise you.  In fact you REALLY don't want to do that, since some things we might do later might need them.

The only types of cookies anyone really needs to be concerned about are "third-party" cookies.  Those are cookies that are served to you by a different server than the one you're on.  Those tend to be used for tracking you.  We only use them so that the server knows who you are.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version