Author Topic: Episode 738: An Entire Timeline Devoted to Panther Caroso's Pheromones Lingering in an Elevator  (Read 1578 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile

There's only three timelines. One involves a fake moustache. It isn't this one.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/58289/episode-738-an-entire-timeline-devoted-to-panther-carosos-pheromones-lingering-in-an-elevator

James is back and kicks-off the show with a retelling from the story of Dr. Metts' wedding, in which Jon is the predictable villain. After an introduction that is in no way whatsoever self-indulgent, he allows Jon to redeem himself with a report on his newfound love of roguelikes, and in this case for Dead Cells. Guillaume is playing the recent re-release of Quake, one of the seminal first person shooters. James has a deep dive on the somewhat shallow Indie World title Islanders. Lastly, Greg concludes New Business with final thoughts on Axiom Verge 2 before advising you go watch NWR's documentary on Star Fox Command.

After a break we tackle a trio of Listener Mail. This week we pad the Switch's launch line-up, excoriate bad endings, and play a dumb Amiibo trivia game. You can send us your quizzes via the inbox.

RetroActive number 50 is at hand. Little King's Story's time will soon follow. Post comments here.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
Im glad the amiibo quiz was a bit of fun. It wasn't made super clear during the show, but all of the questions were fun facts from the Amiibook.
It was hard to choose ones that could be turned into a quiz.

Offline Cool Uncle Vince

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
I thought it was a fun segment.

How'd you mail it in so only Jon saw the answers?  I've been wanting to email them a quiz of "What games are on the back of the console box?" (ex. What screenshots are on the back of the launch GBA?) but haven't gotten it together yet.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
    • View Profile
I attached a text file to the email with just the answers

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I loved that Amiibo Trivia game. I will proudly say I managed to get all of them correct, although that last question stumped me and I had to think on it for awhile. Great inclusion!

As far as bad endings go, I really struggled with thinking of something. A lot of my favorite games, especially first party Nintendo games, have endings that are the least enjoyable part of the game (the third floor Boo hunt in Luigi's Mansion, Corona Mountain in Super Mario Sunshine, the backtracking of Chapter 7 in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, etc.) but none of them ruined the game for me. The Zelda series has several games where the last act of the game isn't as enjoyable for me (the Triforce hunt in The Wind Waker, the Ganon fight in Breath of the Wild, facing the Imprisoned and collecting Tadtones in Skyward Sword, etc.). If I had to pick one game with an ending I didn't really care for that kinda stepped a bit harder on my enjoyment of the whole package, I guess I'd go with Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy. I won't spoil anything, but I think the conclusion was not quite what my expectations were hoping for, and narratively, it spoils just a bit of the mystique of the prequel series' arc.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com