Author Topic: New game idea thread  (Read 8351 times)

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
New game idea thread
« on: March 06, 2007, 09:02:13 PM »
Type of game: Action RPG
Maximum Players: 4
Point of View: TMNT-type side-scroller

Imagine playing a very dark and moody TMNT-type side-scroller. Your heroes would be knights. Your weapons would include many medievil weapons, but you'll mostly use your sword and shield. You move around with the joystick and attack by swinging the Wiimote. The moves wouldn't be one-to-one, but it can tell in what direction your striking and if your stabbing. Also, your nun-chuck controls your shield, allowing you to block, parry, and attack your foe. Other moves include: duck; jump (a small jump); dash; kick; dive/slide; grab/throw; and a context-sensitive button (such as use item/open).

The game will be very realistic in that one good swing will kill most of your enemies (and you too). A second blow is almost always needed though in order to finally kill the person. If you don't strike a second time, enemies will grab onto you as the bleed to death, and disrupt your fighting of other enemies. It'll also be very gory, allowing you to dismember and behead opponents. Also enemies are always few in numbers, but fierce. This allows you time to kill foes. Later levels will require you to kill faster, but that's where the RPG element comes in, in the form of new moves and weapons.

Now, enemies will appear from the side of the screens. Their movements will be puzzle based and brash. For example, a sword enemy begins to swings his sword downward from up above his head. At this point, if your quick enough, you can bash him with your shield or kick him to disrupt his flow. Then let's say you stab him in the chest. Now you have some options: you can pull out your sword and behead him; you can pull out your sword then grab him and throw him; you can leave your sword in and grab him and fling him off your sword; or you can leave your sword in and kick him off of it. I told you it was gory.

Point is: the game is very realistic in the sense of how you can kill an enemy. Attack combinations can be formed and will be needed. In the end, you will figure out how to best each type of enemy.'

Levels will range from walking to horseback to protecting or attacking a fortress. Each level may have a particular event that changes the gameplay for a bit. For example a level may start of by walking, but may get to apart where you must run as quick as possible in order to avoid exploding catapult grenades.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE:New game idea thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:44:48 PM »
meh
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:17:46 PM by KDR_11k »

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 01:13:13 AM »
Name: Rome's Finest
Type: Hybrid
Point of View: First-person

Basics: This game focuses on combat almost exclusively. To the point at which movement is on rails. Combat will focus not on combos or juggles, or anything like that, but will be handled by a first-person view. The Gladius is a stabbing weapon, the key point of the game. It doesn't matter how many blows you throw forward, what matters is if you can actually nail a weak spot. In some cases the game becomes almost a puzzle, trying to get your enemy to leave himself open for that one critical strike.

Controls: The Wiimote handles where and in what direction your Gladius is pointing, with the nunchuck handling the velocity of the blow, and blocking with either your sword or shield. The Wiimote also handle the hurling of the pila. Also, remember to pull your weapon out of the foe when you're done.

Levels: Each level is its own battle. One level you may be part of a scouting party ambushed by a Gallic warband and forced to defend an area until reinforcements arrive, the next in a huge clash between armies, or sieging a town. While the player technically has unlimited lives, they must be careful, as health does not regenerate until after the battle.  "Crisis Points" in the battle will serve as checkpoints, and the health system focuses not on some number, but on where you're hurt, so an arm would would weaken your blows, and a leg wound slows you down.

Graphics: Graphics will focus mostly on the enemies and friendlies near you, with less detail for troops farther away. The game will need to project an epic feel to make it seem you really are in the middle of a war.

Storyline: The game has four selectable campaigns: A tutorial scouting campaign against the Gauls, a war against Gaul, an Excursion into Greece and finally one of the Roman Civil Wars. Just read up on history and slap some of that in here as a storyline. Make it edutainment.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: New game idea thread
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 04:28:02 AM »
Champions of Norrath 3
5 local similtaneous players + online capabilities
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 05:36:14 AM »
Plan and simple.

Imagine Elebits. Now imagine Magneto from Marvel comics

Put them both together and what do you get? A kick ass game!!!

A FPS where you control Magneto, you can use his magnetic powers to move stuff around.

As you get deeper into the game your powers get stronger.  

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 06:07:09 AM »
Didn't we already have a thread like this?

Anyway, I'd definitely love to see a good 4-player co-op beat 'em up for the Wii, side-scroller or not.

Damn KDR, how long did it take to do that?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:27:19 AM »
Damn KDR, how long did it take to do that?

Dunno, I tend to write down game ideas I have and elaborate on them over time. It's intended to work as a design document, after all. I've got a few more but some are in German while others aren't very fleshed out or have no use for the Wii controller at all.

Offline Mesu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:10:55 PM »
Type of game:footracing simulator(marathon)
Title: I haven't thought of one yet
control: 1 remote

I got this idea while playing excite bike 64. The way the turbo system is in that game resembles what its like to ran long distances in some ways. Pushing yourself too hard isn't always benifitical, you should take it too easy either if you want to win. Its about finding and keeping the perfect balance. In excite bike 64 the emphasis of approaching hills is also interestingly similar.

The game would revolve around repeating arm movements, you would hold a remote in one hand and a counterweight in the other hand(another remote thats turned off would work best). The game interprets your movements to detrimint how fast you are attempting to go. When you start the game your created character can't go very fast with tiring quickly. But with practice your characters stats increase and you can attempt faster movements.

People might think this would be restricted to people in good shape, but they shouldn't worry. The amount of work required would be an extremely small fraction of what it would take in real life. You could run a 4 minute mile(use to be world record not too long ago) while using around what it takes to walk than a 1/8 of mile. Also you can play this game from a wheelchair or with a broken ankle.

After build up your create character you would enter into footraces of various lengths ranging from 5k to the marathon(don't enter one of these unless your prepared to race for 2-5 hours). You know how in F ZREO you have that giant field of 30 other racers while in the bolder boulder you can race in a field of over 10,000. Ideally it could get all the major roadraces such as boston marathon to be used in the game(an olympic games lisence would be much more expensive and less necessary if there was a fictional substitute).

I would buy this game if I thought it was well executed.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 06:10:17 PM »
Track & Field Wii. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Offline Mesu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Track & Field Wii. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm hoping for something more specialized then that. A track and field game where you use 4 remotes for 1 player could be really good though(one strapped to each limb to create motion capture suit effect).

99% of the game wouldn't be in a stadium. The game would have a more natural scenary. There could be a lot of different locations(there's even a anual race in anartica).

And the point of the game isn't the glory of winning. I want it to play more like a puzzle game that you play forever. Where you finish in a race is only a measure of progress. It should be virtually impossible to get a perfect race. I would like to make 12 miles per hour to feel really fast like how crazy taxi makes ~50 miles per hour seem fast.

Offline Koekoenutt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
I would really like to see a Mario Dodgeball. I loved Super Dodgeball for NES, and think putting a Nintendo twist to it would be great. Mario characters and items would be a good start, and recreating everyone's powerhits like Mega Man Soccer did on SNES. Give it maybe a good control scheme with the Wiimote's motion controls and online play, and I think it would be a pretty solid addition to Mario's sports games.  
My Game IGN Game Collection List

Nintendo Wii Code: 4255-0170-3378-8998

Tetris DS: 370317-922331
Mario Kart DS: 060219-722474
Clubhouse Games: 3479-8100

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 08:22:40 PM »
Just a quickie:

Name:  MiiPG

Basically take Mii Characters from within your system and port them into a RPG game instead of the same ol Wiisports game.  you could find your party members include your family members and the overly evil characters to be your friends and families or even those little Mii celebrities that we all have made on our systems.

I could go on and on but i understand the ramifications.  (u might not read on, KDR's post for example )

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 01:40:02 AM »
I like the MiiRG idea. It'd be cool if you could create the storyline and towns and dungeons yourself. Yeah, kind of like RPG maker, but perhaps easier to work with.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 06:25:22 AM »

Originally posted by: WuTangTurtle
Just a quickie:

Name:  MiiPG

Basically take Mii Characters from within your system and port them into a RPG game instead of the same ol Wiisports game.  you could find your party members include your family members and the overly evil characters to be your friends and families or even those little Mii celebrities that we all have made on our systems.

I could go on and on but i understand the ramifications.  (u might not read on, KDR's post for example )

You're not the first person to have that idea.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 06:52:47 AM »
Rub it in... Throw some salt in his eyes while you're at it. Jeez.

And I seem to have misspelled "RPG." I once misspelled the letter "A" on a school paper too.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 06:59:06 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock

I doubt he meant any harm by it. He stated that everyone wants an RPG where the stars are the Miis.

Just think about it, that idea sounds AWESOME. I would so make S_B the villain and me the plucky young hero.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »

And I seem to have misspelled "RPG." I once misspelled the letter "A" on a school paper too.

I added the wink for a reason.

I wasn't ragging on him, I was saying it for friendly purposes.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 08:13:19 AM »
You know, after reading Shiggy's keynote about the Miis and Talent Studio, they should bring the idea back and use the Miis.

It would be awesome if you could stage movies, choreograph dances, customize your Mii even further and more.

I would KILL for a game like that...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:32 AM »

Originally posted by: pap64
You know, after reading Shiggy's keynote about the Miis and Talent Studio, they should bring the idea back and use the Miis.

It would be awesome if you could stage movies, choreograph dances, customize your Mii even further and more.

Better watch out Smash.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 08:20:39 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

Originally posted by: pap64

Better watch out Smash.

Better watch out NWR... I do have half of NWR on my Wii, you know.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 08:23:13 AM »
I'M IN UR PLAZA, KILLIN' UR MIIS!!!!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »

pap64 wrote:
Just think about it, that idea sounds AWESOME. I would so make S_B the villain and me the plucky young hero.

I'd think Ian Sane would be the villain because everyone is always ragging on him all the time.

Smash_Brother wrote:
I added the wink for a reason.

I wasn't ragging on him, I was saying it for friendly purposes.

Well, you added the the wink after I posted my comment, but it doesn't matter either way because I was joking. You can say what you want, I don't care. Most of my posts are sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek in nature. We're on an internet message board. Who takes any of this crap personally?

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2007, 03:58:27 PM »

pap64 wrote:

I'd think Ian Sane would be the villain because everyone is always ragging on him all the time.

That would require him getting a Wii and sending Miis like crazy. But that would be cool, though. And Pittboi would be his silly evil sidekick!

And dude, yeah we are on an internet forum, but that doesn't stop the fact that it can be HARD to determine whether someone was being serious or joking, especially if you don't drop hints or gain the rep of being funny.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2007, 04:02:16 PM »

Well, you added the the wink after I posted my comment, but it doesn't matter either way because I was joking. You can say what you want, I don't care. Most of my posts are sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek in nature. We're on an internet message board. Who takes any of this crap personally?

I said in another post that I added the wink because I didn't want to make it seem hostile, not because I was trying to deceive you. But yeah, I'm sure many people take this stuff personally (not necessarily in this case, but in general). I've seen too many indications to the contrary.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 04:08:54 PM »
I'm just saying that I meant nothing by my comment and for future reference that I'm not about to start with anyone since this is an online message board. I read so many biting insults and petty exchanges. I think, "Dude, internet. Stop. Please."