Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Anyone had experience with a Backwards compatable PS3?

<< < (2/2)

Phil:
One of the biggest shots to the stomach in my hardware history is getting PS+ to store my 60GB PS3 game saves to the cloud and then having it YLOD the same day. :(

pokepal148:
And I once again I ordered a PS3 phat. Let's see how this works.

Edit: The seller canceled it. Apparently he had a friend who wound up buying it.

Order.RSS:
When my friend's launch model died the guy at the store told him it has system back up feature and you could apparantly store gamesaves on a USB drive for backup too. You might've already known this, but hey maybe not.

Sidenote but I made so much fun of him for spending $600+ on the console and Resistance 3, only for us to still mostly just play PS2 games on it. I remember thinking he got ripped off with the controller too since they looked identical to the previous 2 dualshocks to me. Later the PS3 got really great games, but I feel like that took years.

pokepal148:
I found a refurbished unit from a seller with a solid reputation for this kind of thing.

--- Quote ---A refurbished Sony Playstation 3 60GB Hard drive model number CECHA01, backwards compatible PS3 in perfect working condition. It's on 3.55 Official Firmware. 100% Fully Operational. Console is not banned from PSN. Console has been professionally reballed. Thermal paste has been replaced with high quality Arctic MX-2, including under CPU IHS & GPU IHS. Internal components have been cleaned. It has 4 USB ports and plays PS1, PS2, PS3 games & SACD's. There are scuffs and scratches on face and body of the unit. (Please see pictures).

This is our best performance PS3, It runs cooler and quieter than others.

--- End quote ---
$275 is a lot of money to throw at a last gen console (I got free shipping though.) but this seems like it's my best bet. I already ordered it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version