Author Topic: Adam Sessler thinks Reggie and Iwata should be fired  (Read 18784 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Sessler thinks Reggie and Iwata should be fired
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
It feels like Wii U is in the grasshopper position when you would expect Nintendo to take the ant position.

Hey! This is a family oriented site. Take your talk of sexual positions elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:55:33 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 04:50:14 PM »
um.......
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »
I think it's a stretch to describe this site as "family-oriented," unless you're being really loose with that description.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »
I think it's a stretch to describe this site as "family-oriented," unless you're being really loose with that description.

Oh..... Guess that explains why my kids seem to be growing up so weird....

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
How are investors the problem?  The Wii was losing money and a new round of consoles was starting.  It was inevitable they would release a console and releasing a year before the competition has long been considered an advantage in the console wars. 

I don't think shareholders caused the lack of games to be available.  I think Nintendo mismanaged their resources because they didn't have games available.  They should have been building up teams 3 years ago to work on Wii U games and they didn't.  I don't think that is because of shareholders.

This is a great point. Nintendo put themselves in a bit of time crunch with the Wii U launch. However, I'd argue that continuing to take the hit of not having hardware on the shelves wouldn't not have been too appealing to investors. Nintendo had the money to afford to wait until March.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:20 PM »
If it wasn't for the 3DS eventually taking off I'd be clamoring for Iwata's head on a pike too.

The Wii U I don't see going anywhere, bar a fantastical series of unlikely events with third parties

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »
If by a year from now the Wii U is booming then miracles will truly be a real thing.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2013, 01:01:02 AM »
If by a year from now the Wii U is booming then miracles will truly be a real thing.

prepare to have you faith shaken....

The Wii U will likely suffer a long and drawn out near death existence. much like the Gamecube, only worse. some big games will come, but they will be too late. They may sell well, but it won't matter. Nintendo will keep chugging along until the next system, existing in their own vacuum sealed bubble and pretend that everything that is wrong with this generation has nothing to do with them and their choices. The majority of us will still be here, buying the system for Nintendo games, yet still hoping for system parity in features and support, hoping beyond hope that one day Nintendo will relive the golden age of "NES" again.

But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2013, 01:42:53 AM »
If it wasn't for the 3DS eventually taking off I'd be clamoring for Iwata's head on a pike too.

The Wii U I don't see going anywhere, bar a fantastical series of unlikely events with third parties

Which is rather funny because people were calling for Iwata's head when the 3DS was doing poorly it's first year and saying it was beyond saving as well.  Hell, at this time last year many were still bitching about the 3DS because of it's poor holiday 2012 lineup and lack of games announced for 2013.  And yet now everyone is sucking the 3DS dick and acting like it's the greatest thing ever made.

This is why people saying the Wii U is doomed are beyond foolish.  They did it with the DS and 3DS are were proven wrong in both cases, and after this Fall will be proven wrong with the Wii U as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2013, 01:45:10 AM »
And yet now everyone is sucking the 3DS dick and acting like it's the greatest thing ever made.

Everyone is what?

I think one of us is playing with our 3DS wrong...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2013, 01:51:41 AM »
And yet now everyone is sucking the 3DS dick and acting like it's the greatest thing ever made.

Everyone is what?

I think one of us is playing with our 3DS wrong...

LMFAO!!!

"You're doing it wrong"

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2013, 02:35:01 AM »
You know the thing is.  Nintendo does make good hardware...and except for the Wii, which Nintendo probably felt it waa taking too much of a gamble on, in the first place had fairly good hardware.

And people mention the Gamecube.  If Nintendo's Wii U gets Gamecube level support with Gamecube quality 1st and 2nd party games, then I will be happy with the system and have no problems.  The Gamecube was a great product and had some great games to play. 

However, I don't see Gamecube support coming yet.  I see this years Christmas for the Wii U and I am thinking how can 3rd parties still not support the system.  It has users.  It has more users than the PS4 and Xbox One.  It will likely continue to gain and continue to have more users for the next year.  After that, Nintendo will probably fall behind.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2013, 04:06:08 AM »
And people mention the Gamecube.  If Nintendo's Wii U gets Gamecube level support with Gamecube quality 1st and 2nd party games, then I will be happy with the system and have no problems.

Yet this is the third THIRD! console generation running in which they failed to plan correctly and there is spikes in output (launch), nothing afterwards (N64...), third parties fail to pick up the slack (the N64 onwards) because of consistently changing goal-posts - last time it was hardware, this time its sales - and now they're saying they're unprepared for HD development?

Nintendo has almost no interest in actually managing their teams' outputs properly, instead hiding by the "it'll be released when its done" mantra. The result was the good years of Wii (years 2 and 3?) followed by a sustained crash thereafter.

They should really try to fix THAT as its entirely within their control.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2013, 09:46:39 AM »
The dearth of first party titles on Wii U is inexcusable because it's not like this is a new concept. People buy consoles for games and people especially buy Nintendo hardware for Nintendo software. That's why it's even a thing. If Nintendo can't support their own console, why should consumers or third party publishers support the console either?

I understand and appreciate that Nintendo doesn't release their major titles until they feel the games are worthy of release, but seriously, plan accordingly. They've been making games for over three decades; they know how long development takes. If Nintendo has to pad their lineup with ports and remakes, so be it, but that **** needs to be released at or around launch, not a year later unless it's the second round of those releases.

I see Nintendo launching a successor in 2017 because Wii U will be fine albeit unspectacular (I see a turnaround, just nothing like 3DS) and I think that could be their last home console if they can't turn things around. At that point, they would probably just focus at what they're good at which is handhelds. If their next console could be their last, they should go all out. I don't particularly like the idea of taking a loss on hardware, but desperate times, right? Take a loss to launch what is the equivalent to a decent 2017 PC gaming rig which should trounce PS4/One at that point. Go x86-64 for easy porting. Make deals with third parties to get the PC versions ported day one. Launch with Mario Kart 10 (I presume Mario Kart 9 will be portable and launch first). And for the love of blob, market the thing like there's no tomorrow simply because there may not be one for their consoles. This is all, of course, assuming they get the basics right. For example, the operating system should be complete enough that the console isn't a dick when you plug it in and turn it on. Maybe you can be playing a game within 10 minutes (after setup) while the first system update downloads in the background.

Will this be enough? Honestly, I have my doubts. However, if Nintendo creates what is essentially "the anti-Wii U," the same old excuses from third parties won't apply anymore. I actually expect new, lamer excuses. "It's too powerful?" "There are too many different vowels in 'Nintendo.'"

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:16 AM »

You see? As soon as you say this isn't a family-oriented site, suddenly everyone thinks they can post whatever sexual deviency they want to talk about!

I'm surprised someone hasn't posted that Iwata and Reggie must like S&M and are using the Wii U as a way to fulfill that need for pain.

You stay classy NWR.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 11:18:25 AM »
You know the thing is.  Nintendo does make good hardware...and except for the Wii, which Nintendo probably felt it waa taking too much of a gamble on, in the first place had fairly good hardware.

And people mention the Gamecube.  If Nintendo's Wii U gets Gamecube level support with Gamecube quality 1st and 2nd party games, then I will be happy with the system and have no problems.  The Gamecube was a great product and had some great games to play. 

However, I don't see Gamecube support coming yet.  I see this years Christmas for the Wii U and I am thinking how can 3rd parties still not support the system.  It has users.  It has more users than the PS4 and Xbox One.  It will likely continue to gain and continue to have more users for the next year.  After that, Nintendo will probably fall behind.

To be completely honest I think by this time next year the Wii U will be the worse selling of three next gen consoles and maybe selling worse than the Vita.

The problem is despite having actual units sold we have no real indication that software support is backing up the number of consoles sold.

Alot of those core launch day gamers who buys nearly everything in the launch window decided to skip the Wii U but wll be their at launch. You also have the fact that Sony decided to prepare for the next generation and actually have proper support for downloadable software unlike nintendo. The Console Makersand third parties are betting that due to steam/XBLA/PSN alot of those guys who are buying day one will be digital sales.

Plus Wii U has no killer app on the horizon.

3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »

Which is rather funny because people were calling for Iwata's head when the 3DS was doing poorly it's first year and saying it was beyond saving as well.  Hell, at this time last year many were still bitching about the 3DS because of it's poor holiday 2012 lineup and lack of games announced for 2013.  And yet now everyone is sucking the 3DS dick and acting like it's the greatest thing ever made.

This is why people saying the Wii U is doomed are beyond foolish.  They did it with the DS and 3DS are were proven wrong in both cases, and after this Fall will be proven wrong with the Wii U as well.

I feel that in terms of hardware the 3DS had the tools to succeed while the Wii U does not.  Nintendo owns the handheld market and their competition is pretty damn weak.  While the PS Vita is more powerful, it isn't backed hard enough by Sony.  Multiplatform development doesn't really exist with handhelds so there is no real need to match up to certain hardware standards.  With consoles the competition is fierce and multiplatform development is how third parties do business.  The Wii U is a PS3/360 equivalent, not a PS4/XB1 equivalent.  It will not be included in multiplatform development because it simply isn't compatible.  And with jack **** third party support I don't see how Nintendo with their ridiculously slow development time can possibly fill the release schedule enough to make the Wii U enticing to the public.  The 3DS has third party support.

The Wii succeeded because it caught on as a mainstream fad.  Once the fad was over and we were just left with an outdated console with virtually no third party support and Nintendo releasing like two games a year Nintendo experienced financial losses.  As for all the big first party franchises that will come later and sell Wii U's, they didn't sell Gamecubes.  They were big and successful on the mainstream fad Wii, where there was a large userbase of casuals that came to the table for Wii Sports and decided to have some Mario Kart while they were there.  What is so exceptional about Mario Kart Wii that made it completely squash Double Dash's sales?

The Wii U is a lost cause with third party support because it's last gen (or I guess it's current gen until this fall).  The casuals have moved to smartphones.  Nintendo was caught completely off guard by HD development and can't make games at a decent pace.  I just don't see it going anywhere because it is too restrictive for Nintendo to truly turn it into a worthwhile product.  It will always be feast or famine with the odd first party game coming out every so many months and nothing else in between.  It's going to be like the Gamecube if it had N64 level hardware and how well do you think THAT would have sold?

I think the Wii U's only chance is if the PS4 and XB1 completely flop and the market effectively forces the industry to stick with this gen for a few more years.  The Wii U has the ability to compete on those grounds.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 02:33:01 AM »
Adam Sessler is BALD.

His opinion doesn't matter.
"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 02:44:33 AM »
His sideburns scare me.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 02:27:55 PM »
I have never seen such incompetence from a major video game company before. How do you kill off the Wii way too early, yet STILL not be prepared for HD development and Wii U development, after KNOWING for SIX YEARS that HD development takes a lot of resources?

Just fire everyone. It's a total joke.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »
I have never seen such incompetence from a major video game company before. How do you kill off the Wii way too early, yet STILL not be prepared for HD development and Wii U development, after KNOWING for SIX YEARS that HD development takes a lot of resources?

Unless you live in an alternate universe where the Sega Saturn never existed, this statement is hyperbole in it's purest form.  Oh and apparently Sony never released the Vita in this universe you live in either.

Plus the Wii wasn't killed off early, it had a 6 year life cycle which is the longest any Nintendo home console has gone in the West since the NES.  Hell the Wii had more games released in it's final year then the N64 and Gamecube had released in theirs.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 03:59:01 PM »

Unless you live in an alternate universe where the Sega Saturn never existed, this statement is hyperbole in it's purest form.  Oh and apparently Sony never released the Vita in this universe you live in either.

Plus the Wii wasn't killed off early, it had a 6 year life cycle which is the longest any Nintendo home console has gone in the West since the NES.  Hell the Wii had more games released in it's final year then the N64 and Gamecube had released in theirs.

Nintendo stopped supporting Wii with big software long before the 6 year life cycle ended. I don't care how long the console lasted until its successor. That only shows that Nintendo is even more incompetent that they had six years to work with and still weren't ready with their obviously rushed launch. The last major game launched was Skyward Sword in 2011. A full year before the Wii U launched. Xenoblade Chronicles launched that spring, but that was limited to GameStop and Nintendo's online site. Your point about Wii having more games than GameCube and N64, two consoles that failed to generate much third-party support by the end of their lives, would make more sense if the Wii hadn't been mercifully held up third-parties. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo was done with the Wii essentially long before then.

And yes, that was hyperbole to say it was the worst incompetence. You are right. I meant to say in recent times. In the Vita's case, Sony isn't even trying, it seems. Unlike the Wii U, Sony can happily have the Vita die a slow painful death. Their big business in gaming isn't handhelds. It's consoles, and the PS4 actually has hype for it. The Wii U really never did. Meanwhile, Nintendo is successfully killing any hope they have of having a foothold in the console market because of the Wii U. I know I certainly will not after the 3DS and Wii U ever buy a Nintendo platform near launch. And if I were a retailer, I wouldn't be ordering lots of stock for their next platforms, either.

I've never seen a fall so bad than a first-place Nintendo with the Wii (a 100 million unit selling system) to the Wii U (which at this rate will be lucky to pass the GameCube). It's rather sad, but I can't blame anyone but Nintendo. And no, that line isn't hyperbole.

I had a meaner post here since you were condescending, but I changed it. Not worth resorting to that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:08:32 PM by Phil »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
I think Adam Sessler should be fired.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile