Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 272056 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #575 on: February 16, 2019, 12:16:22 PM »
I am sure Nickmitch, that if you go far enough back every team up imaginable has happened in comic books.  That said, I don't think he was ever a regular in the lineup.  I think they are introducing him, because he is a fan favorite and can easily play more normal straight guy/leader in a few seasons.  As for the rest of the team, I think it is pretty impressive what they are doing with a television budget.  I like concept, but I have a feeling it is going to be dark like Titans and probably graphic like Titans, and I don't care for the violence.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #576 on: February 16, 2019, 05:35:35 PM »
So Matt Bomer and Brendan Fraiser can basically do voice over work for most of the series.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Well, DC has a bit less stuff now with the news that Arrow will be ending with a 10 episode 8th season in the fall.

Going to be sad to see it go but I am curious about what that 10 episode season will be like. With less episodes to stretch things out and knowing that it is the last season, I'm hoping it feels like the later season one / season 2 era when things just seemed crammed with action and quickly moving developments.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
It's time.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
It's past time.

And I still watch The Simpsons.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
This is good news.  Arrow I think is still a great show, but I always thought these shows should exist and then transition into different shows.  So I could have seen Arrow launching the Flash and then 2 seasons later having both the Flash and Arrow turn into the Brave and the Bold being a team up show with both of them.  That introducing new characters which eventually turned into the JSA.  (Because Justice League should remain just for the movies.)

For that matter I think a shorter run knowing that a series would only be on for 3-4 seasons max could help focus the stories.  The Flash should have never had 3 Speedster Big bads.  It would have been much better to do an entire season with the Rogues developed from seasons 1-2 teaming up against the Flash led by Captain Cold as a true mastermind.  Flash is very powerful, and few of the rogues would ever be able to take him down...but he can only be one place at once.  Exploit that weakness and make bank. 

I am hoping the CW does Crisis on Infinite Earths and blow us away with brand new shows like the comic book world used to do.  Releasing right after the end of the series.  Maybe even simplifying the line up.  Right now having Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. 

Why not have only 2 or 3 shows that are more intertwined.  Heck even allowing more interplay and crossovers freely instead of events.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 12:11:49 AM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Oh, that's right! The Arrowverse did tease that they were doing a Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover next / this coming winter. And in the last crossover of Elseworlds, Oliver clearly made some kind of negotiation to save Barry and Kara with the Monitor. I wonder if that will tie into the end of Arrow. Perhaps Oliver will die at the end taking the place of Barry and Kara who died in the comic original Crisis.

As for your point about these shows ending and transitioning / setting up other series, that might be happening here. CW is apparently moving ahead with a Batwoman series after the debut of the character in the Elseworlds crossover. Rumour currently is that this new Batwoman show may be taking the place of Arrow.

As for Arrow being past time, I disagree. Yes, season 6 ended up being a bit of a disaster although I feel it was able to salvage itself a bit near the end of the season. And I've been enjoying this current season so far. It's definitely rebounded from that season 6 although I think all the Arrowverse shows are having a bit of a rebound season this year aside from LoT which was easily the best of the bunch last year. Unfortunately, the writers did hurt things with some of the decisions made and how they used the cast which has required some twisted logic and dubious character motivations along the way to create certain situations or fixes. Yet, there's always been some well done moments to appreciate over the poorly done and it's managed to keep me still watching up to this point. I'd say Legends of Tomorrow is the best cast right now but of the remaining Arrow shows, I still find the Arrow cast to be the second best overall and ahead of Supergirl and The Flash's cast. During the summer, I was thinking in my head what I would do to fix Arrow if I was the showrunner. I might share a bit of the idea yet one of these days but I saw a path to make the show last up to a tenth season with possibly an eleventh season for a longer send-off. I even thought about it as a shortened season so it is weird to see season 8 announced as a shortened season. Still, I guess what this long paragraph is about is that I'd actually rather see Arrow stick around. Heck, if I was cutting one show, I think I'd pick The Flash right now over Arrow but I might be the only one to feel that way.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
I think after season 3 The Flash is dead to me.  Season 2 was boring as heck and I don't even want to think about season 4 and on, because I gave up on the series.  Legends to me was a fun first season but the logic and writing made Doctor Who seem like legit Sci-fi, which it isn't. 

Arrow easily was the most grounded of the series which means it works the best.  I didn't season season 2 of Supergirl, but I hope the rumor is true that they are just making a true Superman show with both Supergirl and Superman being regulars.  They can even focus on Superman retiring somewhat with his family, but training and mentoring Supergirl and still being available to fight. 

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Rumored new characters for James Gunns SS2
http://collider.com/suicide-squad-2-new-characters/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter#images

King Shark
and Polkadot Man?
And more....

Not to mention Idris Elba rumored to be taking over for Will Smith as Deadshot.

edit: fixed the link
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:20:20 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Suicide Squad is great because you can easily change up the team for different dynamics.  I think the first team was rather weak, with almost no character developed or interesting diversity. 

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'd rather Idris Elba not play Deadshot and instead be someone else.  I'd like to see the door left open for Will Smith to come back.  I'm also kinda tired of people leaving the DCEU while it just limps on.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
What if Arrow ending is because they want to do a Green Arrow film? Would be cool to try and blend the more successful shows with their cinema efforts. Though more likely they will just recast Oliver Queen for films and put out a mediocre film.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Isn't 'Idris Elba play xyz' just a meme at this point? I can't for the life of me remember watching a single movie with him in it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I wouldn't call it a meme, he's a really good actor and People's sexiest man alive so he gets linked with a lot of things.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Isn't 'Idris Elba play xyz' just a meme at this point? I can't for the life of me remember watching a single movie with him in it.

You don't remember watching any of the Thor movies?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Also, although given oohhboy's attitude toward recent Trek I'm not sure, but I believe he's said he's seen Star Trek Beyond, which Idris Elba played the main villain in (though it seemed like kind of a waste given all the makeup/CG they hid him behind).

J.P. Corbran

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Apparently, Idris Elba is forgettable ;)

I liked him a lot in Luther.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
He was incredible on The Wire. Maybe the best character on a show full of great characters.

J.P. Corbran

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Oh in that case I have seen Idris Elba in something. It was a thing.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Idris Elba is the weakest part of Star Trek Beyond.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I liked it when they played Sabatoge

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
That's the only Star Trek movie I've ever seen...and will ever see.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
That's the only Star Trek movie I've ever seen...and will ever see.

Of the new ones, the old ones, or any? Because Wrath of Kahn is a must-watch for any film fan.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
Undiscovered Country is not far behind it.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
I'm fond of Star Trek 4, myself. It's right behind 6 & First Contact on my list of fav. Star Trek films. And it's the hands-down favorite for non-Trek fans.

It's also the most goddamn quotable film in the franchise.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.