Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 271114 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I just read an article about the WW "armpit drama". Pretty funny people got bothered by her shaved armpits when Greek culture (which WW is based off-of) were pioneers of shaving and hygiene. Issue is pretty odd on all fronts.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
And the JL rumors begin....
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-reshoots-rumor/

Massive reshoots... Movie basically remade twice. More reshoots on the way.

Discuss

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
It's DOA. Simple as that.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It sounds like WW was pretty decent though... possibly even good.
Maybe they oust Snyder and Patty Jenkins takes over directorial duties for JL2 and Snyder is used specifically as a visuals coordinator.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Snyder needs to be kicked to the curb and used as an example how NOT to do DC characters.

They screwed up so much following his direction. 

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
They went full steam ahead with JL despite BvS not having been seen by critics or fans.  I think that might've been their ultimate mistake.  That article made it seem like they scrambled after people basically shat all over BvS.  I can't help but think that making an extra movie or two in between could've helped a lot.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
http://mashable.com/2017/05/22/zack-snyder-justice-league-joss-whedon/?utm_cid=hp-n-1#l7i9_AeCwqqV

OK.  Well I can't say I'm sad that Snyder is no longer helming the project, but I certainly didn't wish it to happen this way.  The poor man.

But Joss Whedon taking over.  This is great news in every respect.  Let's hope he can work his Avengers magic on this and get it on track.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Well, the movie is filmed aside from a few more reshoots, right?  And post editing?  How much can you fix what Snyder's already done?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
Who knows?  It probably is just wishful thinking.  But Joss Whedon knows what he's doing.  Assuming he has the leeway to do it.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
The movie is basically finished.  Joss can't change the final edit.  All he can do is add a few scenes, maybe help trim the fat.  This isn't going to save the film, the design, story, themes of the story are already established and impossible to change this late in the game.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
He might be able to edit a smile on Henry Cavill's face.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
He should be able to edit a coherent story, and with the addition of some extra scenes, tie it all together into something we all at least somewhat enjoy and understand withing the confines of the 2.5hr theatrical run.

But besides taking over Justice League, and prepping to write and direct Batgirl, do you think DC will get Joss to take over the "World Building" oversight of the DCEU? That might be the biggest news to come out of this... the man has experience doing this after all ;)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
I thought that's what Geoff Johns was doing after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Murder garnered so many bad reviews. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get Joss Whedon in there. Considering how inept DC and Warner Bros. are, I wouldn't be surprised if they run Whedon out of town sooner than Marvel did.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Thee first thing he is going to dump would be the music video soundtrack.

2.5hr is really long which would require some very extensive reshooting as there would be plot threads everywhere he has somehow got to tie togeather to resemble some thing called a "Movie".

If I was them I would forget trying to use this movie to setup for the next one. Make it a good self contained movie. If it is good you can branch off characters for their own movies which would effectively give you a soft reboot.

The older movies will still be "Canon" if you care about that, but building on a good movie is far better than trying to integrate all the ****.

I expect the movie to be unrecoverable as the base ingredients are already spoiled.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Especially since they still plan to make the November release date.... I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed into next year, but then it has to be eclipsed by Infinity War... or maybe Joss is Marvel's insider to sabotage the DCEU before they ever really get a foothold....
naw, that wouldn't make sense, as they were already sabotaging themselves, Joss would only accidentally improve **** by really wanting to make this into something at lease resembling something enjoyable.

But seriously, depending on the state of the movie... I wouldn't not be surprised if Joss throws his weight around to get EXTENSIVE reshoots done and this movie turns out very different than what Snyder had left on the editing room table for Joss to assemble. Of course that would also probably require a large budget increase, and a release date delay.
But what was it that Shigeru had said, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
DC should remember that, now that they got Joss to take the helm and put his name on this.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
It's funny how that's more true for movies than games now.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
It's funny how that's more true for movies than games now.

Mainly because movies cannot get day one release updates?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Best you get is the director's cut on blu-ray.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Best you get is the director's cut on blu-ray.

and yet BvS is still terrible, because they didn't directors cut that theatrical release.... in the theater, during the previews, before I watched it. Not that I think it would have helped.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The only way a director's cut could've fixed that movie is by cutting it out entirely.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The only way a director's cut could've fixed that movie is by cutting it out entirely.

Well... cutting out pretty much everything except for the Bruce Wayne and Batman warehouse scenes.and then just extending all of that into a solo Batman movie that didn't introduce Leto-Joker or Zuckerberg Lex.

BUt I hear Wonder Woman is really good, best DCEU movie yet... and that's meant as a major compliment, not just a slight backhanded one.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
BvS would have been better as a romcom with Batman and Wonder Woman, for sure.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Green Arrow did Ninja Warrior
https://streamable.com/s9a1x

Public Salmon Laddering on display.
I honestly think he could have gone further if he didn't try to do the 2nd course with no rest inbetween

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
First he gets into pro-wrestling, now this?!