Author Topic: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)  (Read 269318 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! DC's got stuff too... (Official Thread for the DCU of Movies and TV)
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
I feel most bad for the actors in this mess. Margot Robbie and Jason Momoa are great, and it would be a pity to see their chances at new films shot because of the ensuing train wreck.

I keep hoping that Marvel will swoop in and pick up some of the talent for their own shows.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »
Wasn't Justice League supposed to be a 2-parter or did that get changed at some point?

It was supposedly reduced to a single movie, and the 2nd is to be decided upon at a later date and time. I really think WB & DC just don't have confidence moving forward w/ what they are doing as they didn't set up a plan before hand, and instead just let the directors do what they wanted and figure out how to connect it all as they went along. They brought Geoff Johns in way too late to be the overseer of the DCCU, and too many projects were already in motion to drastically make changes or just flat out halt them and reset the project so that they can come up with a consistent thread that is linking these stories along.

I really feel like they don't trust Snyder to run the ship but he was too entrenched to uproot him.
I feel like Batfleck is not feeling Justice League, but can't right the sinking ship on his own, and especially after Live by Night failed harder than any movie of that caliber EVER, does not have the pull right now to overrule anyone's say... so maybe he's just not into it anymore.
I feel like if Wonder Woman is not a moderate success critically and commercially, Justice league is DOA as far as general audience and crossover comic fans are concerned.
and I feel like that is why WB put a hold on everything (except Aquaman and a hopeful The Batman) post Justice League because their phase 1 test of WW & JL need to succeed.
Aquaman is the last project to start pre-production before Johns got involved, so The Flash getting a complete rewrite, Cyborg being put on ice, Justice League 2 now in limbo and The Batman attempting to be fasttracked (I have no idea what's up with that rumored GL movie, nor the somewhat unconnected Black Adam and Shazam movies) is all an attempt at Johns fixing this mess of a cinematic universe.

But if Batfleck bails.... hopefully they can Snyder and use The Flash to go back and reset the timeline before The (recasted) Batman movie and then use Justice League 2 to show all the other changes that took effect.

as a matter of fact, they should use The Flash to hit reset on all this mess anyway, regardless of Batfleck bailing or not.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2017, 03:48:51 AM »
The Dark Knight trilogy is a bit of an outlier, especially in modern day action movies (not just comic book ones) because Nolan always opts for clarity and practical effects over 3D and both Nolan's prefer to write in slower, more literal terms (look at Person of Interest and Westworld...). Then it made a crapton of money and the studio liked their design and ran with it.

Thus no zany Snyder-edit cuts and zooming in aggressively to make something look stylish.

The best thing about Man of Steel was the soundtrack.

The Arrowverse's only weaknesses is the CW's love of soapy elements and in fight scenes (especially in Arrow and Legends) the use of stunt actors sticks out sometimes - the latter i don't mind really but you do actually see it. I'm fine with the CGI issues sometimes (like supergirl this week with the crane, but it's a TV budget!).

The DCCU's weakness is the filming style (much too aggressive black), the cart before the horse attitude (a whole bunch of characters appearing before they had a reason to be there, hence BVS), the horrible editing designed to hide the fight scenes as much as possible and the real lack of humour. Which is nearly everything except the actors.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2017, 09:12:28 PM »
Just what the first one was missing - antisemitism.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »
WB is swinging like a drunk man, hoping to connect with quality. If Affleck does leave, I don't see much reason to continue this disaster.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2017, 09:58:36 PM »
wow, could be the first really good WB movie. We could see Andrew Garfield join the DC universe.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2017, 10:03:00 PM »
Andrew Garfield as.... Bronze Tiger?

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »
Andrew Garfield as.... Poison Ivy! Makes about as much sense as everything else they're doing these days.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
I walked into safeway and I saw this Poison Ivy action figure

all I could think was "she'san eco terrorist who poisons people"

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
I have no idea what iteration of the character that might be from. If you hadn't told me it was supposed to be Poison Ivy, I wouldn't have made the connection that's who it was.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2017, 06:01:36 PM »
just some weird toys interation

Harley Quin is a juggalo women who has stockholm syndrome for a sociopath who dressed like a clown and murders people.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:08:22 PM by ThePerm »

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2017, 06:39:34 PM »
That Poison Ivy figure looks like The Little Mermaid in, I dunno, Gardening Outfit?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2017, 07:55:54 PM »
This Poison Ivy is from a new cartoon series geared toward younger girls called DC's Super Hero Girls.  All the DC female characters villains and heroes go to the same high school together.  It is in the web series which has each episode lasting like 5-6 minutes.

http://www.theactionpixel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/dc-superhero-girlsPoisonIvy.jpg

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2017, 07:58:39 PM »
who is the one with wings? Is that supposed to be Vixen?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »
From the Super Hero Girls?  That is Bumblebee.  She is basically a Wasp knockoff from what I can understand.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2017, 08:32:20 PM »
The toymakes probably also make knock-off Disney princess figures and reused the molds for this series.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:59 PM »
who is the one with wings? Is that supposed to be Vixen?

Bumblebee.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2017, 02:17:48 AM »
The toymakes probably also make knock-off Disney princess figures and reused the molds for this series.

apparently they do

Apparently there is a show, and it has the same voices as Team Titan Go. Which makes me interested.

They have clips in a ton of languages.  And they're amazingly consistent.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:30:38 AM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2017, 02:54:37 AM »
It appears DC has eyes waaaay bigger than it's plate and certainly large than their stomach

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-plotting-nightwing-movie-lego-batman-movie-director-978737?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

DC Planning a Nightwing movie.
This is while they were having trouble getting The Batman going (Matt Reeves is now signed on to direct though), can't get The Flash back on track, put a hold on Justice League 2, started planning Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens, working on details for Green Lantern Corps, all but officaly canceled Cyborg, and are at best getting luke warm reception to Wonder Woman, and are about to get started on Aquaman.

I feel like they are moving way too fast, and that's part of the reason why this "Cinematic Universe" is such a mess right now. They are trying to do way too much too quickly without having ever really decided on what it is exactly that they are doing.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2017, 09:15:19 PM »
The biggest problem with the DC Movie-verse is that the studio keeps refusing to throw it in the trash where it belongs.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2017, 01:44:22 AM »
It needs a soft reboot. On one hand they're moving at a snails pace, on another they are doing some things too fast.

Cut the amount of CG you do and you'll be able to manage the schedule of these movies. Snyder just films everything on a green screen and the chroma corrects everything to where its dank and some people think thats good film making.

Some scenes in the Avengers is on a green screen, but at least when it comes out it has pretty colors.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »
Black Lightning may be joining the Berlanti-verse on The CW
http://deadline.com/2017/02/black-lightning-dc-comic-drama-move-the-cw-greg-berlanti-1201901139/

I guess it's been confirmed that Black Lightning is coming to the CW (taking Vamp Diaries place?)
and they also cast their lead
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cress-williams-set-as-black-lightning-cws-greg-berlanti-dc-drama-979515?utm_source=twitter

It this goes to series this will be the seventh Greg Berlanti (and his studio) has going (the four DC CW series, Blindspot and Riverdale). We won't really get an Arrow season 2 again because all of these shows are pulling for focus.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2017, 03:56:42 PM »
Black Lightning may be joining the Berlanti-verse on The CW
http://deadline.com/2017/02/black-lightning-dc-comic-drama-move-the-cw-greg-berlanti-1201901139/

I guess it's been confirmed that Black Lightning is coming to the CW (taking Vamp Diaries place?)
and they also cast their lead
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cress-williams-set-as-black-lightning-cws-greg-berlanti-dc-drama-979515?utm_source=twitter

It this goes to series this will be the seventh Greg Berlanti (and his studio) has going (the four DC CW series, Blindspot and Riverdale). We won't really get an Arrow season 2 again because all of these shows are pulling for focus.
8th if you count the animated Vixen series. But that's really only a single episode per season broken into 8 five minute segments.

I can only assume that the chick from Legends is gonna pass the necklace on to the chick from the animation series for present day Vixen at some point.... or maybe they both meet and both have the same necklace at the same time.