Author Topic: Hudson Announces New Wii Game in Japan  (Read 1851 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Hudson Announces New Wii Game in Japan
« on: December 21, 2009, 06:37:46 AM »
What did one mini-game say to the other mini-game?
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=20589

Hudson revealed their newest Wii game, entitled "O-warai Party Game 100 Bakusho!", at last week's Jump Festa in Tokyo, Japan.  Loosely translated, this means "Funny Party Game 100 Roaring Laughter".      

The game contains 100 mini-games, all with simple controls.  Hudson provided some sample game names, such as "Tank Battle 2", "Super Stunt", "The Hard Puncher" and "Dive Danger 50%".   No gameplay details for any of these mini-games was revealed, but in most cases the title of the game seemed to give a good indication of what the game entailed.      

O-warai Party Game 100 Bakusho! will be released in Japan in 2010.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Hudson Announces New Wii Game in Japan
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:26:11 PM »
It's about time some 3rd party developer tapped into the underserved minigame market on Wii. I was beginning to think all 3d parties hate money

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:36:36 PM »
Ugh, reminds me of "101-i-1 Mega Party Mix" (or something like that), a collection of 101 mini-games that were mostly mediocre (but with a few good ones).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:18:58 PM »
Why is Hudson now creating games like this and sitting on the would-be multi-million seller of Mario Party 9?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
They don't have to share profits on this game, Nintendo would get most of the money on Mario Party since they own the IP. There is no doubt that Mario Party 9 would sell more, but Hudson Soft may make more money on releasing a low-budget minigame collection they own.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 07:50:16 PM »
Hudson will get more money from a game which probably won't break 100,000 sold than a game which has sold over 7 million like Mario Party 8? That doesn't sound right. Does Nintendo really take THAT big of a cut?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 09:23:30 PM »
I doubt Hudson makes money based on how well Mario Party games do. I would love if someone from NWR could ask them, but I would assume the only money Hudson gets is for making the game, so they make the same amount whether the game sells 2 copies or 10 million copies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 04:45:18 AM »
I doubt Hudson makes money based on how well Mario Party games do. I would love if someone from NWR could ask them, but I would assume the only money Hudson gets is for making the game, so they make the same amount whether the game sells 2 copies or 10 million copies.

Which would be nice for companies like Monster that make the ill-fated ExciteBots.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast