Author Topic: A Cowboy Walks into a Tent  (Read 2006 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
A Cowboy Walks into a Tent
« on: December 17, 2010, 02:58:02 AM »

A trio of classic games sits before our crew, waiting for judgment.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/recommendations/24552

This week, the Virtual Console recommendations takes on three unique games: an Old West style shooter, a European import, and a trip through the big top. Break out your Wii Points and take a look at these titles from the Virtual Console backlog.

First up is Ufouria, a game which has never released in the United States. The game was called Hebereke in Japan, and later released in Europe.  It made its North American debut last October on the Virtual Console. Jonny Metts takes a look at the game and helps you decide if it's worth your Points or your time.

Next up is Wild Guns, an arcade style shooter evaluated by Pedro. This game provides an incredible challenge, but will it be too much for most gamers to enjoy?

Lastly, we take a look at Aero the Acro-Bat, a game seemingly born out of the Sonic-led mascot wars of the 16-bit era.  Does the game hold up, or will this big top collapse?  Zach Miller gives his take.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: A Cowboy Walks into a Tent
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »
I keep hearing Aero the Acro-Bat 2 is a much, much better game. It might even be a good game! Any truth to that?

And indeed, Wild Guns should be in every shooter fan's library.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:56:33 PM »
No idea. If Neal gifts it to me for the VC recommendation, I can tell you. But gawd, the first game is unbelievably terrible.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 01:55:10 AM »
I got Wild Guns last Christmas during the forum's secret santa. It makes me happy. ^_^
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »
Wild Guns is a really gem. It's Time Crisis before time crisis. Unfortunately only the early stages have a significant amount property damage. Damn fun with two players.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?