Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Launching In North America Thursday  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Launching In North America Thursday
« on: February 01, 2016, 11:58:06 AM »

"What're you buyin'? What're you sellin'?"

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41868/resident-evil-4-wii-edition-launching-in-north-america-thursday

Following its European release in October, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition will be shooting up North American Virtual Console this week.

The 2007 re-release includes all of the content from the 2005 PlayStation 2 port of the most infamous member of the Capcom 5, in addition to supporting pointer controls for aiming. The game will launch at standard Wii download pricing: $19.99 US, $24.99 Canadian.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition Launching In North America Thursday
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:59:54 AM »
Great game, and still worth the asking price in many ways... but a curious release given how cheap and easily available the Wii disc still is. The pricing for RE4 is even worse than Zack & Wiki in this regard.

Not trying to be negative, but I was really hoping to see more rare and/or expensive Wii games get released digitally.  Fire Emblem comes to mind, or games like Xenoblade (in North America), Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, and Skyward Sword.
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:02:48 AM »
I really loved this game.  I wish there had been more of it on the Wii.  Perfect use of pointer controls, and the waggle was only during QTEs, IIRC.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:41:58 AM »
Great game, and still worth the asking price in many ways... but a curious release given how cheap and easily available the Wii disc still is. The pricing for RE4 is even worse than Zack & Wiki in this regard.

Why are you again saying Zack & Wiki is cheap to find? Physical copies of the games are usually at LEAST $45. So the best option to getting the game is the eShop version because it will be less than half of what you would have to pay for a physical copy. One of the reasons Zack & Wiki is so expensive is because it's pretty rare (it bombed in sales).

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 01:19:04 PM »

Why are you again saying Zack & Wiki is cheap to find? Physical copies of the games are usually at LEAST $45. So the best option to getting the game is the eShop version because it will be less than half of what you would have to pay for a physical copy. One of the reasons Zack & Wiki is so expensive is because it's pretty rare (it bombed in sales).

Where are you located?

I'm saying it again because, as was shown last time with actual links, the pricing from either eBay.com or Amazon.com has consistently been MUCH lower than the $45 you suggest.  It's trending at $12 on eBay.com, with prices as low as $6.50 on Amazon.com right now.

Perhaps you are only looking at new, sealed copies that are being listed for crazy "collector" prices instead of accepting used copies. That wasn't part of the original argument though.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 02:32:52 PM »
Apparently, you can still get this new for pretty cheap: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000P46NKC/ref=olp_page_1?ie=UTF8&f_new=true

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:37:24 PM »
Great game, but just like almost every worthwhile Wii game, I already own it on disc. Keep 'em coming, though.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »
The pricing for RE4 is even worse than Zack & Wiki in this regard.
Not if you can find them at GameStop. The price for Zack and Wiki is now $4.96, though it was $2.99 before it came out on the VC. RE 4 Wii is $9.99.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 04:59:06 AM »
I still don't know why Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn isn't on there yet.   They've got to put it up there when Fates comes out.   We're talking about a Wii game that Gamestop charges, like over $50 used.  Without the box or manual.   And still, no Gamestop within my state has it in stock.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »
I still don't know why Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn isn't on there yet.   They've got to put it up there when Fates comes out.   We're talking about a Wii game that Gamestop charges, like over $50 used.  Without the box or manual.   And still, no Gamestop within my state has it in stock.

I suspect they won't put it out anywhere near the Fates release date to reduce competition.
It definitely deserves to be released though!  (Same for Xenoblade in North America.)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »
They won't do Xenoblade because that will cannibalize sales of the 3D version.  I don't think it's been stellar, but if the NX portable is backwards compatible, it might sell to people who skipped the new 3DS in NA.  The other "rainfall" games might get released though.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 12:28:54 PM »
They won't do Xenoblade because that will cannibalize sales of the 3D version.  I don't think it's been stellar, but if the NX portable is backwards compatible, it might sell to people who skipped the new 3DS in NA.  The other "rainfall" games might get released though.

In Canada, it's getting tougher to find or buy Xenoblade Chronicles 3D anymore. It's not listed at walmart.ca, ebgames.ca, or bestbuy.ca and the low price listed at amazon.ca is $62+$20 shipping from the US. Maybe it's easier to track down south of the border? Regardless, I'm not sure that using Xenoblade 3D (and an iffy port of Binding of Isaac) as the big selling point for a new $230 piece of hardware, and refusing to release the game elsewhere is a winning idea.

Here's hoping that Nintendo relent and release this game (along with Fire Emblem and The Last Story) sooner rather than later.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »
I see it in stores, and I'm pretty sure it's on the eShop.  I didn't know it was so hard to find in the North.

But I'm thinking that a handheld NX would support the games and sell significantly more than the new 3DS XL.