Author Topic: New "Competitive Play" Pokemon Scarlet And Violet Trailer Released, 2023 World Championship Location Announced  (Read 607 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Time to shake up a bunch of metas, and we don't mean slightly more expensive VR helmets.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/61278/new-competitive-play-pokemon-scarlet-and-violet-trailer-released-2023-world-championship-location-announced

The 2022 Pokemon World Championships have revealed new Scarlet and Violet details plus announced the location of the next World Championship.

A new trailer for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet has revealed the new Pokemon Cyclizar, a Normal/Dragon type that enjoys when people ride it according to the game's website. It has a new move "Shed Tail", which combines the effects of the existing moves Substitute (creates a decoy using the user's HP) and Baton Pass (allows switching to the player's choice of teammates if available).

Two new items were shown: the Mirror Herb copies a stat change of the opponent, and the Loaded Dice make moves that have the "hit 2-5 times" effect hit more often. (Traditionally, these hit 2 or 3 times 37.5% of the time each, while 4 and 5 only roll 12.5% of the time each.) Some new Terastal types were shown, including Tyranitar adopting the Ghost type in order to dodge a Fighting-type move that would normally have its damage quadrupled.

Additionally, the 2023 World Championship for Pokemon was announced for Yokohama, Japan.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 06:14:45 PM »
I didn't know Vermillion City was based on Yokohama. When that came up in the trailer, I was pretty surprised.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.