Gaming Forums > General Gaming

So... who's into Orta?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sir Kero:
I hate to ask for spoilers, but how does the story even work? didn't they kind of end the dragon saga in AZEL? It must be a prequel then, yes?

anyway, it looks great.. makes me wish I had the money to spend on an XBox. But if it's too easy then I can wait.. is there a hard mode like there was in the first game? Konami was good enough to put one in Harmony of Dissonance, we can only hope Smilebit would do the same.

BlkPaladin:
Accually no.

Spoilers

You see at the end of each game the dragon dies after the "eternal" part of itself leaves. Before it dies it always has a baby. And Orta is the daughter of the two main characters in Saga. So the time lines goes as follows.

Panzer Dragoon 2: (This covers the begining of the evil empire so its the first of the series and done as a prequel. Another telling sign is you first find the dragon in a space ship.)
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Orta

And it leaves an opening for a sequel.

End of Spoliers

Hopefully that clears it up for you.  

spartus:

Originally posted by: Sir Kero
anyway, it looks great.. makes me wish I had the money to spend on an XBox. But if it's too easy then I can wait.. is there a hard mode like there was in the first game?
--- End quote ---

There's three different modes. "Easy", "Normal" & "Hard". Pretty cool. I have played and beaten all three. It's a good game.  

The only thing that I don't like about the game is you can only save one game at a time. Say your playing on "Hard" mode, on Chapter 9 and your friend (or someone) start's a game in "Easy" mode gets to Chapter 3 and saves it. Good-bye to your game.

Oh well. There's alot of sub/mini games to unlock. After 5 hours of play you unlock "Panzer Dragoon" from the Saturn. It's worth the $50.  

Ozzyfreak:

I really enjoy Orta too. I'm still trying to beat it on normal.
 Just wondering, but does anyone know how to unlock the box game extra?
It's been illuding me for a while now.  

RahXephon:
All I know is the more you beat, the more you get.  I am a Panzer fan big time.  I believe it redifines the "shooting" game in alot of way, and they are all good too.  And there is a sequel for questioners on that fact, at the end of the games it says that "While this legend has ended, a new one prepares to unfold.  Love the bad guy by the way, such a cool character design, that and i love the place Orta follows him to, i believe it is the most visually stunning game, not for its realism, but just the whole fantastic world they present to us.  I almost cried at how cool the "Floating Island Creature" was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version